Nyon Upgrade in USA worked out of the box!

I had the same concerns regarding updating the app. I wish someone at Bosch would allow the app to be available on the US app store.... wishful thinking?

I got this message this morning at: https://www.ebike-connect.com/ebikeconnect/portal/public/#/

You have been logged out
Unfortunately, the eBike-connect portal is not available at the moment. Once it is back, you will need to login again. Sorry about that!

Perhaps this is associated with site maintenance per the update to be released in two days? Not panicking yet.

I am concerned that the Nyon update may not work with the older version of the app and that those of us in North America who have added the Nyon with the app from unofficial sources. I suspect we will not be able to update to the new version of the app until someone puts it up on line outside of the Apple or Play Stores. We shall see.

That link has stopped working entirely for the past 2 days on my laptop which has the Nyon connection.
I'm not panicked but not pleased with the condition my condition is in...;)

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

yesterday and today.............

Attachments

• Untitled.jpeg
    Untitled.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 500
Just checked again this morning, and server is still “temporarily unavailable”. Maybe we can all hope Bosch is updating the webpage to include the USA and annouce they will now be selling the Nyon here! :)

Hey, it’s Christmas time.... we can always wish, can’t we? ;-)

I’m curious, has anyone added the Nyon to a Haibike? I have a 2018 SDURO FullSeven 9.0 that I would love to install it on. Just a bit nervous about screwing up my warranty, etc...

Mike

That link has stopped working entirely for the past 2 days on my laptop which has the Nyon connection.
I'm not panicked but not pleased with the condition my condition is in...;)

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Tomorrow is the announced date for the updated portal, Nyon firmware and App. For us bootleg, North American users, I suspect
Just checked again this morning, and server is still “temporarily unavailable”. Maybe we can all hope Bosch is updating the webpage to include the USA and annouce they will now be selling the Nyon here! :)

Hey, it’s Christmas time.... we can always wish, can’t we? ;-)

I’m curious, has anyone added the Nyon to a Haibike? I have a 2018 SDURO FullSeven 9.0 that I would love to install it on. Just a bit nervous about screwing up my warranty, etc...

Mike
@tallpaul has a Nyon on his Haibike. Not sure which model.

As to use of a Nyon interfering with a us warranty, I have been assured by both riese-muller dealer and Bosch North America that there is no issue.

Hey, it’s Christmas time.... we can always wish, can’t we? ;-

Mike
As Alaskan says above, I have a Nyon on my Haibike Full Seven and love the upgrade from the Intuvia. Also I checked with Bosch USA and was told it would not affect my warranty.
As for selling the Nyon in the US I doubt it. It looks like they are going further away from it towards the Flyon controller.
But I do wish they would put the eBikeConnect smartphone app on the US App Store!!

Last edited:
todays news:
That latest message at least gives me hope that Bosch is not blocking US customers. I just installed my Nyon a week ago, and will not really be able to use it until spring. So it would be a real downer for me if Bosch starts blocking us (US).

The message on Bosch ebike connect site this morning:

Unfortunately, the launch of the new portal and the new Nyon app is currently delayed. Neither portal nor app can be used during this time. We are sorry for the delay, but we are working on a solution and will inform you as soon as the situation changes. Thank you for your understanding.

I can see you guys are growing impatient as I would be as well. Hang in there guys, and perhaps Santa Claus will deliver good news for all Nyon users. Good Luck to all! :rolleyes:

I have access to the site but the phone app is still not working. I was asked to update the privacy settings using the little member icon in top right corner of the Dashboard page.

I have downloaded the Nyon update which requires you to download the updated maps you might have previously loaded.

Hoping that the old phone app will still work while we wait for someone to put the new Nyon firmware up for unofficial downloading. I've done some searching but haven't found the update yet. I will post a link if and when I do and would appreciate anyone else who finds it doing the same.

All updated and working well. (iPhone, Nyon, portal).

From what I can tell it mostly looks like a cosmetic update. Haven't had much time on it, hopefully worth the hassle of updating. The biggest obstacle is updating the iPhone app. For those in the US the only way to do that is in App store you change your country, type in an address for that country. And note that you needn't put in a credit card. Then download the updated app, then go back and restore your original settings for your region, including the need to reenter your cc info.
Noticed that the display of incoming messages from your smartphone on the Nyon is unavailable in the present version of the app. That's disappointing as that is an important feature for me.

I'll update this thread after a few rides if there is anything to report.

I got the app to work with android. I used an app called Super VPN to change my location to Germany, then went to google play through the app settings to clear the cache and data and do a force stop. I then used the web browser to search for the ebike connect app. it should be an apk file. download open and install. Works like a charm.

I got the app to work with android. I used an app called Super VPN to change my location to Germany, then went to google play through the app settings to clear the cache and data and do a force stop. I then used the web browser to search for the ebike connect app. it should be an apk file. download open and install. Works like a charm.
I got super VPN. Switched to Germany. Got a cache cleaner. It still says unavailable in your country. Can you please post a step by step for idiots like me.

I used the web browser and not the play store to search for the app. the first result of the search is not the one you need. scroll down and you'll see the apk file. also the google search page was set to google.uk

I got super VPN. Switched to Germany. Got a cache cleaner. It still says unavailable in your country. Can you please post a step by step for idiots like me.

C'mon Alaskan, we all know that is not true! You are one of the best well known 'techies' on this forum. Glad you all are making progress on this app stuff with Nyon.

Back