Nyon Retrofit post-install questions

NHMike

Region
USA
I swapped out my Bosch SPH for a Nyon (thanks @retiredNH for your advice on this) on a Trek Allant 8s. I recently picked up a new iPhone and it doesnt fit in the SPH or its universal phone case. Plus I was never the biggest fan of that system anyway, so I decided to jump to the Nyon as I plan on keeping this bike for 3-5 more years. For the most part, everything is fine. Ive upgraded to V3 and my favorite feature is the customizable screens to be able to show exactly what I want to see. I am having one issue...Im using the Heartcast app to broadcast my Apple Watch heartrate to the Nyon. My phone (which I believe is required for the connection) goes in a small saddle bag so it's always nearby. I noticed that the bluetooth connection randomly drops out, and Im currious to know if anyone else has this problem with either Heartcast or HRMs in general?

I swapped out my Bosch SPH for a Nyon (thanks @retiredNH for your advice on this) on a Trek Allant 8s. I recently picked up a new iPhone and it doesnt fit in the SPH or its universal phone case. Plus I was never the biggest fan of that system anyway, so I decided to jump to the Nyon as I plan on keeping this bike for 3-5 more years. For the most part, everything is fine. Ive upgraded to V3 and my favorite feature is the customizable screens to be able to show exactly what I want to see. I am having one issue...Im using the Heartcast app to broadcast my Apple Watch heartrate to the Nyon. My phone (which I believe is required for the connection) goes in a small saddle bag so it's always nearby. I noticed that the bluetooth connection randomly drops out, and Im currious to know if anyone else has this problem with either Heartcast or HRMs in general?
not sure. I see sometimes my HRM gets stuck on my Nyon. but it is connected and working fine on my garmin. I am using the Polar chest strap too the most recommended one. sometimes I have to turn the bluetooh off and on to get it working.

I have an el cheapo HRM that works fine. It's an armband but that should not make any difference.
In tech circles, bluetooth is famous for its issues. When it works, which is most of the time, things are fine. When it doesn't, you'll have a devil of a time diagnosing and fixing.
Apple products are their own little world, sadly, and don't often play well with other systems. You might want to look for a cheap generic HRM to "supplement" your apple watch when you ride and directly connect to the Nyon. JMHI.

Back