Nyon MY21 mapping use problems (+ post April 2022 software updates)

On the weekend the Nyon navigation sent me the wrong way down a one-way city street. I had no idea until it was too late. Luckily I wasn't hit by oncoming cars, who probably regarded me as an obnoxious cyclist rather than someone who had been misled by their GPS navigation unit. Bosch really ought to make it an urgent priority to fix this. Meanwhile, from a safety perspective I will never trust the Nyon's routing again, unfortunately.
C'est malheureux de faire confiance à un GPS dont la cartographie n'est mise à jour qu'une fois dans l'année.
C'est quand même le code de la route et la signalisation qui sont prioritaires pour le respect de la signalisation.
Et si tu étais dans une voiture avec un GPS non mis à jour, serais-tu aller en sens interdit dans cette rue ?
Sans compter que les villes peuvent changer leur sens de circulation du jour au lendemain. Les GPS, quels qu'ils soient, ne sont jamais mis à jour instantanément.
Incriminer le GPS du vélo pour non respect du sens de circulation, c'est osé !

C'est malheureux de faire confiance à un GPS dont la cartographie n'est mise à jour qu'une fois dans l'année.
C'est quand même le code de la route et la signalisation qui sont prioritaires pour le respect de la signalisation.
Et si tu étais dans une voiture avec un GPS non mis à jour, serais-tu aller en sens interdit dans cette rue ?
Sans compter que les villes peuvent changer leur sens de circulation du jour au lendemain. Les GPS, quels qu'ils soient, ne sont jamais mis à jour instantanément.
Incriminer le GPS du vélo pour non respect du sens de circulation, c'est osé !
Absolutely.

Your site has interesting and useful information. Thanks.

Last edited:
Have noticed this in the latest Bosch Smart System eBike Flow app features list:

"Navigation for S-pedelecs​

With this version of the eBike Flow app, we have expanded and enhanced the route planning function to include the specifications for S-pedelecs. In doing so, we have also taken country-specific requirements into account."

This is a possible confirmation that the Nyon routing function on my bike (in NZ) is hobbled by EU S-pedelec laws. The routing constantly trys to get me off most dedicated cycle paths despite there being no such restrictions of use here.

Am interested to hear of routing experiences of riders with the new Bosch Smart System and Kiox 300.

Cheers

Last edited:
Phone app has new maps ,(October 2022) and a new route programming workflow.

No news on onboard unit undated.. waiting,,..

Phone app has new maps ,(October 2022) and a new route programming workflow.

No news on onboard unit undated.. waiting,,..
Yes, the updated mobile app and country map become available here today. There are improvements that I'm keen to explore but, alas, the route planning still doesn't recognise/use many long established cycle paths.

as usual buggy the watch heart rate app
IMG_1751.jpg

This is a possible confirmation that the Nyon routing function on my bike (in NZ) is hobbled by EU S-pedelec laws. The routing constantly trys to get me off most dedicated cycle paths despite there being no such restrictions of use here.
Is your motor a 25km/h or 20Mph version?
Here in the US the 20Mph are treated as S-Pedelecs when it comes to the route selection. Probably because they were Performance Speed motors reduced from 28Mph to 20Mph. Not Performance Cruise like the 25km/h versions. Even the Performance Sport doesn't accept the 25km/h routes.
That always bothered me after I moved from EU to the USA, but I finally fixed that using Komoot. That works so much better when it comes to route planning, even while on a trip anywhere in Europe or in the US. The route changes are in the Bosch ebike connect right away.
Only downside is that it costs about $55 a year. But that still is a great deal in Europe as it fully coveres ebike road assistance at any time.

Is your motor a 25km/h or 20Mph version?
Here in the US the 20Mph are treated as S-Pedelecs when it comes to the route selection. Probably because they were Performance Speed motors reduced from 28Mph to 20Mph. Not Performance Cruise like the 25km/h versions. Even the Performance Sport doesn't accept the 25km/h routes.
That always bothered me after I moved from EU to the USA, but I finally fixed that using Komoot. That works so much better when it comes to route planning, even while on a trip anywhere in Europe or in the US. The route changes are in the Bosch ebike connect right away.
Only downside is that it costs about $55 a year. But that still is a great deal in Europe as it fully coveres ebike road assistance at any time.
My bike is a 45 km/hr S-Pedelec.

I agree. The routing solution is to use other software to create a route and then import it as a GPX. While an automatic import, as with Komoot, would be good, manually importing is a simple and quick procedure.

Cheers

Back