NuVinci Harmony

DrT

Hi

I’m a newbie to this forum and community. I’ve been led here by Court’s brilliant reviews and by my recent decisiin to take the plunge into the ebike world with a Merida E160 900E MTB, due to arrive early 2018. Can’t wait, have some of best trails in a huge reserve I live next to...

I’ve been thinking about also getting a commuter bike, and my research has inevitably led me to the R&M range. To me, the new Supercharger Nuvinci with Gates drive looks like the ultimate option, with the ability to ride to work with maximal support then get a workout on the way home, with no range anxiety.

The Nuvinci 380 has the option of the Harmony Sync which marries with the Bosch Intuiva. However, I can’t find any reference to it on the R&M website or previous forum entries. Is this an option from R&M, or is it able to be fitted later? Does anyone have any experience with using this and would it really be worth bothering with, compared with the manual twist, standard

Hi

I’m a newbie to this forum and community. I’ve been led here by Court’s brilliant reviews and by my recent decisiin to take the plunge into the ebike world with a Merida E160 900E MTB, due to arrive early 2018. Can’t wait, have some of best trails in a huge reserve I live next to...

I’ve been thinking about also getting a commuter bike, and my research has inevitably led me to the R&M range. To me, the new Supercharger Nuvinci with Gates drive looks like the ultimate option, with the ability to ride to work with maximal support then get a workout on the way home, with no range anxiety.

The Nuvinci 380 has the option of the Harmony Sync which marries with the Bosch Intuiva. However, I can’t find any reference to it on the R&M website or previous forum entries. Is this an option from R&M, or is it able to be fitted later? Does anyone have any experience with using this and would it really be worth bothering with, compared with the manual twist, standard
Hi,

I recently inquired Propel ebike store about on the R&M Charger Nuvinci if it can be retrofitted with the harmony. The store communicated with the German headquarter and was told that the rear dropout does not have enough clearance.

America is far behind from Europe when it comes to the use of Nuvinvi Harmony automatic transmission.

Thanks Mark. I’m in Australia, but I would think that this answers my question. I expect the rear dropout size is the same.

Piaggio Wi-Bike Active Plus
GEAR SHIFTER AND TRANSMISSION

NuVinci HSYNC Electronically controlled continuously variable transmission with Continental belt final drive
http://www.wibikenyc.com/activeplus/

06-Wi-Bike-Active-Plus.jpg

The Piaggio is very nice! It has additional fitness program with advanced monitoring system to meet different criteria and goals of your fitness preference such as heart rate, total calories, maximum input effort, etc.

Here is another nuvinci Harmony in action. The middle (second row down) is the cadence/RPM and remains constant at roughly ~ 60 rpm while the speed varies, right (second row down), while climbing a hill and then going down. By the way, this is very cool display with complete metrics from Bosch.

Here is the history of the Piaggio Wi bike in the making.
Piaggio9.png

http://www.electricbike.com/piaggios-mid-drive/

Last edited:
Back