R&M Charger 3 or Delite - decision to make

Reading this makes me realize how lucky I was to happen to have bought my bike from Chris Nolte at Propel. I think this is one of those cases where it is super critical who you buy from and the influence they wield on the manufacturer. I never researched it beforehand and just happened to visit Propel since they were the closest. Lesson learned.

Marc
It seems you really didn't actually read it. The problem was not the dealer. Fly Rides did everything they could and did it right and ultimately solved the problem for me.

The problem was abysmal service delays and terrible communication from Rohloff's choice of USA warranty service provider. Propel would have had the same problem, if they were not a Rohloff authorized warranty service provider, which they weren't.

It seems you really didn't actually read it. The problem was not the dealer. Fly Rides did everything they could and did it right and ultimately solved the problem for me.

The problem was abysmal service delays and terrible communication from Rohloff's choice of USA warranty service provider. Propel would have had the same problem, if they were not a Rohloff authorized warranty service provider, which they weren't.
You didn't read me right. My point was that having the right dealer made all the difference for you. If you had gone with a lesser dealer nothing would have been accomplished. In my case I went with Propel just by happenstance and I'm sure he wields a similar amount of clout giving me confidence that he would stand up for me as well. Picking the right dealer makes all the difference as exemplified by your experience.

Marc

You didn't read me right. My point was that having the right dealer made all the difference for you. If you had gone with a lesser dealer nothing would have been accomplished. In my case I went with Propel just by happenstance and I'm sure he wields a similar amount of clout giving me confidence that he would stand up for me as well. Picking the right dealer makes all the difference as exemplified by your experience.

Marc
Apologies. I misunderstood.

I know that customer advocacy and integrity is true of Propel as well. You're absolutely correct. Choice of dealer can be just as critical as choice of bike.

Last edited:
It's the same situation in the motorcycle world. Try to deal direct with BMW and you get sent back to the dealer who becomes the critical link. Granted, BMW has developed excellent dealers. Conversely, have a problem with a Honda and you'll find most dealers are useless but if you call Honda directly they're all over it and will advocate in your behalf with the dealer. Its like the Honda dealer only sees the current sale while the BMW dealer sees a customer. Maybe it's a German thing 😉

Marc

R&M website has just been updated. in the end, for the Delite, it turns into a 20€ reduction if we compare 2020 and 2021 (Delite GT Vario HS was 6,429€ and it turns to 6,409€ now).

But the price for the Rohloff has increased by 80€ - confirmation of the previous info. So all in all, the price difference between Enviolo and Rohloff increased by 100€ for the 2021 models.

Back