Not working bike

Zac

Hi I am new to the E bike world but think I am some what capable of working on things. I have had an A2B given to me because it doesnt work. The battery is testing out good at 35v. I put the battery back in and the bike turned on and worked, I rode about a mile and while having the throttle wide open it lost power. I flicked the key back and forth a couple of times and it came back on, rode for a while longer and the same thing happened again. Key ingintion checked out with a multimeter, so I was thinking its the external controller (mounted below the battery). I can't seam to find the exact replacement part online. If anybody has any other advice on what they think it might be or where I can find a controller it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi I am new to the E bike world but think I am some what capable of working on things. I have had an A2B given to me because it doesnt work. The battery is testing out good at 35v. I put the battery back in and the bike turned on and worked, I rode about a mile and while having the throttle wide open it lost power. I flicked the key back and forth a couple of times and it came back on, rode for a while longer and the same thing happened again. Key ingintion checked out with a multimeter, so I was thinking its the external controller (mounted below the battery). I can't seam to find the exact replacement part online. If anybody has any other advice on what they think it might be or where I can find a controller it would be greatly appreciated.
I'm assuming this A2B bike has a 36 volt system? If that's the case, 35 volts at "full" charge means you need a new battery. I've only ever ridden a rental A2B, so I'm not real familiar with the various models/system specs. Hopefully this post bump will get some conversation going. Good Luck!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news; 35 volts for an A2B Metro is not good enough. That's considered low voltage and the motor will cut off or you will hear a grinding sound coming from the motor. It's very unlikely that this has anything to do with the controller. Battery needs to be replaced or rebuilt. RechargeablePowerEnergy and ElectricRider both rebuild batteries; however, I don't know if they can redo one of those internal battery units, call them.

One question, did your bike come with the 36V 4amp charger? They work better to fully charge those particular packs than the 2 amp version. Also, depending upon the production run you have, that's not the controller under the battery but part of a relay with the controller inside the motor.

Back