New Turbo Tero X 6.0 pannier bag?

ridge69

Region
USA
Have a new Tero X 6.0 coming in a week and it doesn't look like our Toppeak rear storage will work off seatpost, I seen somewhere that the Tero X needs a shorter pannier than normal? We just carry a couple of water bottles and minor tools and safety items, seen Specialized has a narrow pannier but seen something where it binds?
Thanks for any ideas

I have one so I'm happy to measure stuff for you. Some notes offhand:

There is one usable water bottle cage mount. The other does not have clearance for any kind of water bottle, so it would only be useful for tools or a spare tube with some kind of bracket. For the bottle cage I am using a Topeak Ninja Master SK+ (left handed) (mounted upside-down, making it right-handed) and the accessory Toolbox T16. It just clears the shock. I don't love the tool (compared to something like a Crankbrothers M20) but it is "free" storage space.

If you want to use the dropper seatpost (and you will, even if you never had one before!) it severely limits the storage possibilities of seat/seatpost attach items. Depending on your height, you will only have 0-3" of fixed seatpost exposed, and it's down near the travel of the rear suspension. There are special (stupid looking, imo) bags that are meant for MTB seat attachment, but if you use them on the dropper you have to make sure the dropper can lift the bag and contents on its own.

The rear tire is 27.5" and the low pannier rod takes a couple more inches off of that. You can easily see that from pictures, though. I don't think you'd have any trouble with a clip style pannier (e.g. Ortlieb) but I saw another owner got into trouble using a strap attach one because the slack straps got into the wheels etc.

There is an available front rack (frame attach) but I don't have one to comment.

Thanks for the info, I tried a medium tero x but reach felt like way more than my BH Lynx 5.5 medium so I ordered a small frame, I am 5'6" and they said I can back out if I don't feel right with size.
Wife has a dropper post now and that is great, mine doesn't so I have a toppeak rear seat post mount and now will most likely want a pannier of some type

Attachments

• IMG_3124.jpg
    IMG_3124.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 676
Have a new Tero X 6.0 coming in a week and it doesn't look like our Toppeak rear storage will work off seatpost, I seen somewhere that the Tero X needs a shorter pannier than normal? We just carry a couple of water bottles and minor tools and safety items, seen Specialized has a narrow pannier but seen something where it binds?
Thanks for any ideas
I Have both the 6.0 and recently installed the bags. Was the binding with the zippers? They do seem to require some effort out of the box. I attributed that to being new. The pull is a little small-with the bag empty it seeps to pull the bag rather than close zipper. Haven't filled them yet. The fit is great and not a sound heard when riding. Basically I anticipate the zippers to operate smoother with some weight added and with some use. Supposed to be waterproof so that may play on.

Good luck with the 6.0

Attachments

• IMG_3102.jpeg
    IMG_3102.jpeg
    469.3 KB · Views: 410
  • IMG_3103.jpeg
    IMG_3103.jpeg
    216.4 KB · Views: 390
Thanks for any ideas
Ok so I just got a Specialized Turbo Tero X 4.0, large this week. I have some Ortlieb bags that on my first attempt didn’t fit. After looking at what was going on I flipped the bottom swivel clip bracket 180 degrees. Now my big 40L size Ortlieb bags fit. I’m replacing the old bags I have with a color that looks better on my bike. I’m now confident that they will fit! You just have to have a torx/ star bit, hold the mounting nuts on the inside of the bag with your hand and undo to bottom swivel clip bracket slider. Flip it 180 degrees and reinstall the torx screws. Easy as that. Greynews for me because I was not liking many of the specialized bags or the smaller bags.

Ok so I just got a Specialized Turbo Tero X 4.0, large this week. I have some Ortlieb bags that on my first attempt didn’t fit. After looking at what was going on I flipped the bottom swivel clip bracket 180 degrees. Now my big 40L size Ortlieb bags fit. I’m replacing the old bags I have with a color that looks better on my bike. I’m now confident that they will fit! You just have to have a torx/ star bit, hold the mounting nuts on the inside of the bag with your hand and undo to bottom swivel clip bracket slider. Flip it 180 degrees and reinstall the torx screws. Easy as that. Greynews for me because I was not liking many of the specialized bags or the smaller bags.
A photo how the rear of the pannier looks like now?

I think there may be enough room for a few more bikes in there. ;^)
Haha yeah if you look in the left side of the back room there’s another 2 specialized, a Kona, a bianchi and an Ellsworth. Many years of bikes. I hate getting rid of them. They all have separate uses but my new Tero X will be my daily driver.

Haha yeah if you look in the left side of the back room there’s another 2 specialized, a Kona, a bianchi and an Ellsworth. Many years of bikes. I hate getting rid of them. They all have separate uses but my new Tero X will be my daily driver.
Whoops I don’t even know if you were talking to me. Either way more bikes! Lol

Man, Toys-R-Us… will you adopt me, please?

Bags look great… nice adapting.

Thank you so much @ecbiker for your idea! I did the same to my Ortlieb Vario v2 pannier/backpack to fit a Vado SL EQ rear rack.

1689683858132.png

I'd like to make some corrections to your procedure:
  • The inner nut might be difficult to be held by fingers for unscrewing it. The nuts in my pannier had two (I think 4 mm) hex sockets. I inserted a hex bit into one of the sockets from the pannier inside, and that gave me a leverage to hold the nut during removing the screw
  • Yes, the screw socket is T10 but it is also possible and more practical to use a flat screwdriver of a proper size (there is an extra notch in the screw head).
I secured the screw with Loctite Blue (243).

A great idea! Thank you again!

Thank you so much @ecbiker for your idea! I did the same to my Ortlieb Vario v2 pannier/backpack to fit a Vado SL EQ rear rack.

View attachment 158390

• The inner nut might be difficult to be held by fingers for unscrewing it. The nuts in my pannier had two (I think 4 mm) hex sockets. I inserted a hex bit into one of the sockets from the pannier inside, and that gave me a leverage to hold the nut during removing the screw
  • Yes, the screw socket is T10 but it is also possible and more practical to use a flat screwdriver of a proper size (there is an extra notch in the screw head).

I just got my brand new Ortliebs today and did the mod/ they fit perfectly! One thing I noticed though is tuck the pull strap that releases the bags under the strap or something bc it kinda gets close to the tire underneath the fender.

Attachments

• IMG_3531.jpeg
    IMG_3531.jpeg
    502.1 KB · Views: 519

View attachment 158390

Yeah I tried using a flathead but I found the T10 to be much easier.

I have Ortlieb Gravel Panniers and they fit nicely. The blue table was marking where I trimmed by rear fender so the 1UP Hitch Mounted Bike Rack would work with the fenders. Works well.

Attachments

• IMG_8481.jpeg
    IMG_8481.jpeg
    513.9 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_8480.jpeg
    IMG_8480.jpeg
    888.4 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_8479.jpeg
    IMG_8479.jpeg
    612.3 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_8499.jpeg
    IMG_8499.jpeg