New Turbo Tero X 6.0 pannier bag?

I have joined team Ortlieb Gravel Pack, even though it required a trip to REI.

Interesting idea from this video to replace the stock orange strap with a Voile strap (cut in half and then secured with the original hardware).

I have a Tero X 6.0 and I tried a Coolcave pannier. Coolcave looks to be a gamechanger for my purposes, except that on Tero X it's not ready. When mounted on Tero X it doesn't stay secure very well. I tried various ski strap arrangements and zip stripping foam to the rack but the Coolcave just rattles too much. Can't ride like that, especially because this bike likes to pound the dirt and jump of curbs and bomb down stairs. They also hang low and rub on the kickstand and the derailleur.
I like the Coolcave concept where you just throw stuff in it loosely and put the bungee net over it, or put a backpack in there. Almost as simple as throwing stuff on your front seat in a car and driving off. I have on Ortleib Backroller roll top bag with an commuter insert for a computer and stuff on another bike but it's really sort of dumb. You pull it out and stuff falls out of the insert and it carries awkwardly. When you put it back in you have to wrestle with the soft sides of the pannier and then fuss with the roll top, and secure any straps before riding. That may work on a long touring ride but I don't want to go through all that just to go to work or come home from work on my bike.
If Specialized or the aftermarket can come up with a solid mounting system for Coolcave on Tero X I think it will be rad. But it's not there yet. So I have two Coolcave panniers taking up space but no use for them.
I will have to find a pannier solution that doesn't rattle for Tero X until I can make the Coolcave work.

Last edited:
I have a Tero X 6.0 and I tried a Coolcave pannier. Coolcave looks to be a gamechanger for my purposes, except that on Tero X it's not ready. When mounted on Tero X it doesn't stay secure very well. I tried various ski strap arrangements and zip stripping foam to the rack but the Coolcave just rattles too much. Can't ride like that, especially because this bike likes to pound the dirt and jump of curbs and bomb down stairs. They also hang low and rub on the kickstand and the derailleur.
I like the Coolcave concept where you just throw stuff in it loosely and put the bungee net over it, or put a backpack in there. Almost as simple as throwing stuff on your front seat in a car and driving off. I have on Ortleib Backroller roll top bag with an commuter insert for a computer and stuff on another bike but it's really sort of dumb. You pull it out and stuff falls out of the insert and it carries awkwardly. When you put it back in you have to wrestle with the soft sides of the pannier and then fuss with the roll top, and secure any straps before riding. That may work on a long touring ride but I don't want to go through all that just to go to work or come home from work on my bike.
If Specialized or the aftermarket can come up with a solid mounting system for Coolcave on Tero X I think it will be rad. But it's not there yet. So I have two Coolcave panniers taking up space but no use for them.
I will have to find a pannier solution that doesn't rattle for Tero X until I can make the Coolcave work.

Attachments

• IMG_3852.jpeg
    IMG_3852.jpeg
    804.6 KB · Views: 120
Back