New St2 w. belt drive - lots of vibrations on pedals and seat

Fandomii

Region
Europe
Hi folks!

I am looking to purchase a speed peddled and I’m between a Trek Allant+ 9S and a Stromer ST2. I like what the Stromer is offering (longer range, quiet motor, GPS and e-lock). However, on a test drive I felt a lot of vibrations on the pedals and seat.

Asking the mechanic he said “that’s normal”, but somehow I doubt it. What is your experience, do you feel vibrations on feet or seat when pedalling and/or coasting? If not, what could be causing this?

Thank you and looking forward to your reply!

Hi folks!

I am looking to purchase a speed peddled and I’m between a Trek Allant+ 9S and a Stromer ST2. I like what the Stromer is offering (longer range, quiet motor, GPS and e-lock). However, on a test drive I felt a lot of vibrations on the pedals and seat.

Asking the mechanic he said “that’s normal”, but somehow I doubt it. What is your experience, do you feel vibrations on feet or seat when pedalling and/or coasting? If not, what could be causing this?

Thank you and looking forward to your reply!
Hi, Fandomii, trust your gut. That's not normal. The mechanics is full of s*%t. I own an ST5 and can assure you that a propeerly setup , brand new bike should ride smoothly and quietly. Don't let that test ride representative.
Ask to ride another ST2 or a different model and you'll see.

Back