New Schwalbe Marathon E Plus

For those of you who want the new Schwalbe Marathon E-Plus, you don't have to wait until March of 2020 to get them. I ordered my set of 28 x 2.15 (622 x 55mm) from Bike- Discount.com in Frankfort, Germany three weeks ago and received them yesterday 1/19/2020. I spoke to North American Schwalbe and they informed me that these tires would not be available in the US until March of this year. Schwalbe North America lists them for $57 each. So, I went on line and searched for suppliers and Bike-Discount.com came up. I got two Marathon E Plus tires for......$57.80 total ($28.90 each) plus $24 shipping to the US, Michigan. These were in US dollars too.
Bike-Discount was easy to work with and received e-mails and shipping info almost immediately. I also ordered a new air shock ( SR Suntour Mobie 45) for my 2018 Giant Explore E3 and plan to install fork and tires this month so I'll be ready to go in the spring. Pics to follow after install.
How are the Marathon E-Plus tires holding up? Have you noticed any faster drain on the battery or other issues? I'm considering these for my Gepida city bike, size 40-622 28 X 1.5. The stock tires on the bike are a Schwalbe 50 Energizer and the rear is getting smooth after 5500 KM.

How are the Marathon E-Plus tires holding up? Have you noticed any faster drain on the battery or other issues? I'm considering these for my Gepida city bike, size 40-622 28 X 1.5. The stock tires on the bike are a Schwalbe 50 Energizer and the rear is getting smooth after 5500 KM.
I got 8000 out of the front tire. but I screwed up the back so hard to say how long that one lasted. but they have been good so far. not flat proof but pretty good.

I got 8000 out of the front tire. but I screwed up the back so hard to say how long that one lasted. but they have been good so far. not flat proof but pretty good.
8000 K or miles? Either way that's a lot of riding. Here (northern Italy) there's no goat's head thorns and the paths are mostly smooth. In about two years I have not yet had a flat tire with the Energizer 50s.

8000 K or miles? Either way that's a lot of riding. Here (northern Italy) there's no goat's head thorns and the paths are mostly smooth. In about two years I have not yet had a flat tire with the Energizer 50s.
miles. even then it might have had more life I had this weird shimmy going on and I thought it was the front tire. turned out to be the back wheel was warped a bit. I ride hard to commute 20+ miles a day ride or shine. But I have had a piece metal a small one puncture the tire roving it through my woodworking shop. I have Stans in the tube and I think it has taken care of small punctures.

Back