New Ohm lineup.

EriderM

I noticed on the ohm cycles page they have the new bikes listed. Has anyone seen/rode/bought one?? Is the motor upgraded?

Demo mode, won't be out until later this year. Bionx battery is more streamlined, fitting in with frame, but don't think range/power has changed, just the look. Also the controller has new look.

Court will be thrilled by the water bottle braze-ons lol.

Not sure that I like the plain grey (last year's model had a better color)... but otherwise it looks great!

Very nice. Are the models on their website 2017s? I like their urban model and it has some definite benefits/advantages. I am going to have to add it to my list of possibilities for my upcoming purchase. I seem to recall running across this brand earlier in my search and striking them off my list - probably because I didn't like the large battery taking up most of the frame's interior. But the design I see on their website looks much cleaner with the integrated battery. And as far as checking off other boxes on my list: low weight (relatively speaking), commuter style (rack, fenders, integrated lighting), great range ...

Yes, the ones on the website are 2017. Court's OHM reviews were 2016 for the comparison.

And any shop that can work with Bionx could help with maintenance. (Of course ask them first! Especially because OHM offers a 3 year warranty, but Bionx usually has a 2 year one).

...any shop that can work with Bionx could help with maintenance. (Of course ask them first!...

Good suggestion and you were correct. Whereas I do not have a local Ohm dealer I do have a Bionx dealer. I called them and they said definitely they could service the Bionx system need be. Bike service to my neighborhood bike shop and Bionx service to my Bionx bike shop. At least this gives me options and probably puts Ohm ahead of Stromer at the moment on my list of top candidates (3 way tie for 1st place: Trek, Kalkhoff, Ohm with Stromer at #4)!

I was also interested in Kalkoff, but it seems they are having problems with their motors, according to some message boards. If you Google Kalkoff impulse 2 clacking noise it will show right up.

Have heard plenty of good about Trek.

Last edited:
I was also interested in Kalkoff, but it seems they are having problems with their motors, according to some message boards...Have heard plenty of good about Trek.

Yup I read those comments. I could probably learn a lot more about Kalkhoff if I could read German. Seems to be a lot of commentary in German bike forums. But I would have to say for reasons you mentioned and other reasons, the Trek and the Ohm are floating up to the top of my list (both bikes lighter weight, strong dealer network for Trek, Ohm has a number of attractive qualities - range, Bionx system seems well supported and has great features... I could go on). So definitely a lot of reasons for me to consider these two North American brands over the 2 European I mentioned. I can't wait to actually get on them and test them out.

Back