Synching new Specialized app to Apple Health

Dirtbagg

Region
USA
I recorded my first rise with ‘Evado’, a Vado SL 5.0
the e-bike I’ve been riding for the Past two years is a hybrid conversion that did not sync with Apple Health on my iPhone so when I rode I just used the cycling workout on my Apple Watch. This has yielded useful data, primarily distance, calories, and a map. Now, with the Specialized app (replacing Mission Control) I have much more useful data evolving live on my iPhone with a map and lots of data including cadence and rider power. So far so good, but when the ride was over, the Specialized app did not sync all that data to Apple Health, only some of it. Among important missing items was the map and full heart rate data.
Has anyone else seen these problems? Any solutions? I’m considering using the Specialized app independent of Apple Health and synch my data from the Apple Watch Workout app.

think it's an apple thing. look at the difference between these two the apple one synced from strava and the other is my Garmin. if I remember right when I was having the bosch app sync to apple it did not have all the info either. plus time is always off as it does not take your pauses as actual pauses.
Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 11.33.17 AM.jpeg
Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 11.34.17 AM.jpeg
I

thanks for your reply, fooferdoggie.
Here’s a coupla of my screenshots. The First shows the data the Specialized app adds to the Apple Fitness app. It is limited and looks identical to yours from Strava. (I can’t scroll down the Garmin image so I can’t see what is included, ie map, splits, or heartrate data.) The second two show what the Apple Workout app adds. It displays far more data.
I also note that both the Specialized app and the Apple Watch only record ride time, not pauses.
I’ve also used Komoot and it, like the Watch Workout app, gave me full data including splits, pauses, and maps. Consequently, I’m not convinced it’s an Apple problem. If Komoot can do it, why don’t these others?
Apple is by no means perfect. I use the watch workout app to track cross-county skiing, and I don’t get any maps there either.

Attachments

• IMG_4198.png
    IMG_4198.png
    281.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4197.png
    IMG_4197.png
    295.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4196.png
    IMG_4196.png
    214.9 KB · Views: 38
Here’s a coupla of my screenshots. The First shows the data the Specialized app adds to the Apple Fitness app. It is limited and looks identical to yours from Strava. (I can’t scroll down the Garmin image so I can’t see what is included, ie map, splits, or heartrate data.) The second two show what the Apple Workout app adds. It displays far more data.
I also note that both the Specialized app and the Apple Watch only record ride time, not pauses.
I’ve also used Komoot and it, like the Watch Workout app, gave me full data including splits, pauses, and maps. Consequently, I’m not convinced it’s an Apple problem. If Komoot can do it, why don’t these others?
Apple is by no means perfect. I use the watch workout app to track cross-county skiing, and I don’t get any maps there either.
I noticed some of the rides show full heart and some dont.

The Specialized App is greatly underdeveloped yet, especially when it comes to HR data. Mission Control was a way better!
That's why I use a Wahoo ELEMNT Roam bike GPS computer that works with the Vado SL directly and exports all useful data to plethora of services. In such a case, I think the HR monitor should be paired with Wahoo not Vado SL.

Back