New motor: Made in Canada, 2022 Mid-drive system

The CYC isn't a great example though, as it still moves the bike through the cassette. You can chug slowly up a steep mountain all day with that and still be spinning the motor in its optimum RPM range--not lugging it in the lower 20% of its operating range where electric motors tend to suck down battery like you have a hole in your gas tank and get very hot..
I was only bringing up the Cyc as I have experience with it and its motor core is capable of a godawfully high rpm limit (12k is really not where you want to run it... but it can run at 6k routinely which is still a hell of a lot). High rpm limits coupled to great big cogs in the back equal a motor that can propel you at slow speeds and fast ones, which is the secret sauce for single speed after mixing in a generous supply of amps.

Another example that is now sadly gone is the Tangent Ascent, which was another 6k-10k unit.. Inside the Ascent - its heart - was the Astroflight 3210 electric motor, which if someone else were to use it would make a pretty good, strong hi rpm basis for a mid drive.

Kranked Performance has another mature, hi rpm design thats been around for awhile but is very low profile - thanks to its price in part, I am sure. Very small and very powerful (and also Canadian, which has me wondering if there's any collaboration here).

😅 Perhaps it's a Biktrix and Watt Wagons collaboration, that would explain the delay.

Seriously though, Deafcat hinted last night it was taking longer than expected to pull the media / website materials together.

That valeo sytstem looks very promising (especially as they seem to be thinking of more than just the eruo market). Too bad at CES 2022 they only seemed to have provided test rides to 2 guys that never had ridden an ebike before, at least that's all the shows up on youtube.

That valeo sytstem looks very promising (especially as they seem to be thinking of more than just the eruo market). Too bad at CES 2022 they only seemed to have provided test rides to 2 guys that never had ridden an ebike before, at least that's all the shows up on youtube.
I love the idea of an integrated gearbox, Unfortunately, so far as far as I know the Valeo / Effigear system will be limited to 350W sustained. Only peak above that....

😅 Perhaps it's a Biktrix and Watt Wagons collaboration, that would explain the delay.

Seriously though, Deafcat hinted last night it was taking longer than expected to pull the media / website materials together.

Yep still working on it, thanks for your patience everyone!

Maybe we can hit 22:00 hrs 😆

The great REVEAL DAY is drawing to a close and no reveal. :(
We aren’t talking SpaceX here … er .. ah … oh .. yeah I seem to recall a few postponements there.
you guys are brutal. A bunch of cackling hags waiting for the airship to fail. … er nevermind.

Nope, up to 750W sustained, 1000W peak, 130nm torque.

Edit: see video (specs mentioned 45 seconds or so into the video for US market):

Seems like a much more streamline and desirable solution addressing the same set of problems.

Seems like a much more streamline and desirable solution addressing the same set of problems.

I'd say completely different animals though. The Valeo would be consumer mainstream and the other enthusiast off-road. Not sure one would be optimal for the other and vice versa.

I'd say completely different animals though. The Valeo would be consumer mainstream and the other enthusiast off-road. Not sure one would be optimal for the other and vice versa.
As is at the moment... But what if you up'd the wattage in the Valeo design.
I'm sorry but the dual drive train looks like an overcomplicated monster... and is it really necessary?

edit
Imo... The solution to the current drive train problems is a bullet proof IGH or something like the Valeo.
Simplicity.

Last edited:
EDIT: last minute glitch, what 🤣🤣

Launch video link may not work just yet, but here we go!!!!

edit again: Last-minute change/delay, sorry guys. Should be sorted momentarily.

Last edited:
Nope, up to 750W sustained, 1000W peak, 130nm torque.

Edit: see video (specs mentioned 45 seconds or so into the video for US market):

If that happens then it will be a nice mid range solution.
I am eager to see how their automatic gearing works too

I like the idea of having a motor powering the rear wheel via a really heavy duty chain.
I have a Watt Wagons UC Pro, with an Ultra motor that puts out 2300 Watts. I try to take it easy when applying power, but I suspect it's only a matter of (short) time until I need to replace my chain and cassette..

Back