New LMT’d - who’s in?

Looks like Ride1Up was better able to target customers DOST was initially trying to target.

I think ride1up is aiming at a lot bigger market than Dost's 2 bike niche. Probably sees a great opportunity to challenge Rad's aging non-fat bikes as well as Aventon's lineup.

Anyone picking up add-ons for their LMT’d during the wait?

Me:
- Suntour SP12 NCX suspension seat-post (27.2 x 400) with tube adapter
- Topeak Tetrarack M2 and MTX EX bag (liked the mounting setup better then traditional racks)
- Probably a bell
- These lights if I need some in a pinch (I don’t ride at night really)

Going to wait/see how the seat and pedals feel before messing with them.

Yeah. I found a nice rack with 100lb load, a dropper post (had to get smaller diameter with a shim), fenders. Gonna be nice.

That is some good thinking. I have iberia panniers and was thinking I would get the corresponding rack if it fit.

Never had an ebike before. Is this a good idea or should I look for different panniers/rack type?

I did email support to ask if this rack would fit the design. Should hear back shortly

Would be cool to see how low you could get the weight. Swapping tires and fork for G-Ones and a rigid fork could probably shave 4-5 lbs.

Make sure that rack works with disk brakes. Topeak makes a slight different mounting point for their racks with disk brakes.

[Edit] Just read the description for the rack you linked to - it says "For non-disk brake bicycles".

Maybe this one instead?

damn, good catch. That other is out of stock. Not sure if the topeak one you linked would work with my panniers. Would be nice to not have to buy more bags

damn, good catch. That other is out of stock. Not sure if the topeak one you linked would work with my panniers. Would be nice to not have to buy more bags

I'm not sure either - best to stick with parts from the same manufacturer. There are other suppliers out there that will have that rack in stock....

Gogoro is about to launch an ebike in May, I'd wait until they announce before ordering. Likely won't delay your arrival of an LTD if you end up getting one.
Well, the new Gogoro bike has now been announced. --Yawn--

Hopefully nobody really wasted any time waiting to order a bike until the Gogoro announcement.

Just ordered a LMT'D and I'm ridiculously excited. @Lumpydog, thanks for the recommended accessories. I'm leaning heavily toward the Suntour seat post.

Everyone else who's waiting: please keep us posted when you get your bike! Would love to hear your report.

Congrats! Looks like the LMT'D will be an awesome bike, from a young but excellent company.

Now the wait begins...

Just ordered a LMT'D and I'm ridiculously excited. @Lumpydog, thanks for the recommended accessories. I'm leaning heavily toward the Suntour seat post.

Everyone else who's waiting: please keep us posted when you get your bike! Would love to hear your report.

Nice!! Congrats. As Tom Petty said - "the waiting is the hardest part". I plan to post my experiences here. I'm sure others will as well!

Hopefully some of you West coast people will have bikes in hand in a week!! I'll be behind you all on the East Coast, with a 4-5 day longer delivery timeframe.

We're getting closer

I bought a replacement seat post. Anyone happen to know if 30.9mm x 350mm will fit the limited? I see the OEM seat post is listed as 30.8x400. Sorry I’m new to the bike scene.

I bought a replacement seat post. Anyone happen to know if 30.9mm x 350mm will fit the limited? I see the OEM seat post is listed as 30.8x400. Sorry I’m new to the bike scene.
No. Get a 30.7 and a shim. That’s your best bet.

Video showing owner assembly of the new LMT’d - looks like they’re starting to get delivered. This is more of a “speed build/rush assembly” but you can get a sense for what you get. Owner says the color is Grey and not the sand-beige color depicted in the web-sight, which is awesome.

Back