New LMT’d - who’s in?

I ordered my LMT'D yesterday. Used my Discover card through Paypal and hopefully will get the 5% cash back up to $75.00 on the purchase. I have an EGlide ST I purchased in March 2017 that I have put about 7000 miles on with almost no problems. I upgraded the original 11.6 Amp battery to a 17.5 amp I purchased through Alibaba. Added a 48 tooth sprocket, better seat, suspension seat post and handlebar riser and it is very comfortable for me. It was the best bang for the buck 3 years ago.

For about the same price I paid in 2017 I'll be getting a bigger 14.0 amp battery, 750 watt motor, color display and possibly better front suspension with Ride1up. I had a 2019 Giant Explore E +3 I purchased from a friend for 2000.00 which was a fine bike and my first mid drive. But I was spoiled having a throttle on my ST and Giant/Yamaha puts a limiter on their mid drive motor so it cuts out at 20 mph top speed. They sell aftermarket electronic devices to override it but your putting more money into the bike. Sold it and was deciding to buy a Dost Kope, Juiced Crosscurrent X or the LMT'D. Once again I went with the most bang for a buck.

The LMT'D does not have integrated lights and a rack but the truth is I have only used my driving lights maybe 5 times in 3 years. I have a Topeak rack and bag already I can put on the LMT'D, 2 extra seats and a adjustable stem riser if needed.

I noticed there are a lot of comments by would be owners. My advice is do your research, make an informed choice and keep your comments brief till you actually have the bike to comment about. I already set a couple members here on ignore due to their comments do not really have any real content. But that's just me. I'll try to write an informed review once I receive mine.

Last edited:
Back