New LMT’d - who’s in?

Lumpydog

Interesting new offering from Ride1Up... I know this new bike is mentioned in another thread speculating on an 800 series. I figured a dedicated thread on the LMT’d would be a good place to capture thought/input specific to this model...

Thoughts?

You are the third one to start a post.

It's almost like some people are interested in this bike.

I would imagine a lot of people missed the original thread since it started as pure speculation/request and has a made up model name in the title.

Gogoro is about to launch an ebike in May, I'd wait until they announce before ordering. Likely won't delay your arrival of an LTD if you end up getting one.

Rich thank you! I hate seeing multiple threads - I acknowledged the second thread you listed, which was speculative and not specific to the LMT'd and I missed the first thread as it was posted outside the Ride1Up specific forum (helpful link - thank you!). My guess is most visitors will go to the Ride1Up specific forum here looking for information on specific models - I'm hoping we can aggregate thoughts here.

Last edited:
Ordered the LMT’D (before price bump - and also got $40 off for taking the Ride1Up pledge). The LMT’D checked the boxes on what I was looking for. I've been looking at getting an electric bike for 8-9 months and have been reading/lurking on these forums - thank you all for the excellent content. I've watched WAY too many Youtube reviews by Court and many many others. I looked at the BIG brand names (Trek, Giant, Specialized) and they have some really nice products but the price they are asking is a huge premium over their scrappy start-up DTC competition. I could buy one of the brand names - but the price premium on those bikes is about dealer support and distribution/inventory carrying. I don't need to buy into either. I'm capable and know my way around torque wrenches, spoke wrenches, electronics, etc, etc. Putting a bike together and keeping it running is actually fun for me. Others may need the support - if you do, go brand name/dealer.

I've looked closely at Rad and Juiced - and the other "bigger but not quite ubiquitous brand names". They sell some nice products. Rad was less expensive - I liked the Rad Rover but it came with a lot of compromises - cadence sensors, spring forks and cable/mechanical brakes - I like those Seattle guys story and respect their products. I also really like Juiced - they seem to be the leader on the disruptive e-bike block. I looked at the RipCurrent for a long time. I like their battery development and I like their torque sensors. But their frame design is very "me too" and not inspiring - it looks like a bike with a battery bolted onto it - they could do better in that regard but they seem to favor battery size over design - a lot of people will agree with that philosophy and go that way - nothing wrong with that, distance matters. Juiced prices are leaning toward being steep - especially their batteries - $1300 for a replacement battery? What the AF? No question, there is a need/demand for what Juiced sells and people will rationalize buying Into the Juiced system where replacement batteries costs $1000+ alone - I'm not one of them. I appreciate Rad and Juiced products and I know they cover market segments that will keep them in business. Really nice bikes.

Why did I decide on a Ride1up bike? Short answer is value. I really liked their 700 series design - I prefer an integrated battery - I like low profile/inconspicuous. I don't need to announce - HEY I'M ON AN E-BIKE! The 700 series has a LOT going for it. Really nice looking bike - with air shocks and hydraulic brakes at a super competitive price. But... my research on eBikes put a premium on torque sensor vs cadence sensor. The latter is what the 700 is equipped with and at the price, that makes sense. The lack of a torque sensor on the 700 made me hesitate as I was willing to hold out for torque sensing and pay more. I'm not using my bike as a commuter bike so battery longevity/range was not critical (but it's still important). I don't ride in the rain or wet weather so I don't need fenders (would have removed them from the RipCurrent). I don't ride at night so I don't need lights... I primarily ride during daylight to get around town in good weather. A rack is a necessity... I wish the LMT’d included one!

The LMT'd builds on what I like about the 700 - while taking away some things I didn’t need. you get the Integrated battery/bike design, hydraulic brakes, air shocks, nice/color display (rebadged Luna 500c) and most important, torque sensing. It will be interesting to see if the latter is well implemented and is worth some of the things the bike trades off (marginally) to keep the price low - like off-brand (but dependable) components (Mxus, Tektro) and lower end levels of big name brands (Shimano). Along with not including fenders, lights and a rack. (It’s easy enough to add these though- I’ll add a rack). Another big plus is a standard battery design (Reention) that can be independently sourced at a reasonable price. Seeing them for under $400 online - I’m hoping Ride1Up sells replacement batteries locally from the states. Last but not least - 51lbs… Not a feather weight but pretty damn light for an e-bike at this price.

it will be interesting to see the uptake on this bike. They already increased the price less than 48 hours after releasing it. Sales must be good...

I'm looking forward to your thoughts on it. It's close for me, but not quite a match. I would've been happier with that hub and torque sensor on the 700 tbh.

It's still a great value, but who sells an ebike without an integrated headlight and at least a throwaway taillight? I know, most will replace the headlight, but now you can't power and control it from the display and controller without a lot of hassle.

For my use the battery is marginal at the speeds I'd be tempted to ride it on my commute. BTW R1up does already have spare batteries listed for $389.

Anyways, looking forward to reviews. I suspect the first batch will sell out quickly.

I agree and I like their expanding product line/choices. The Seattle folks still have formidable marketing but an aging product line.

Ordered day 1 as well prior to price bump. This is gonna be friggin fun to ride.

Yes it is. I like that Ride1Up is giving us more options (and hard decisions). They've kept their lineup innovative, competitive and fair. Not afraid to put some one-offs out there. I hope they keep that up.

Ordered the LMT’D (before price bump - and also got $40 off for taking the Ride1Up pledge). The LMT’D checked the boxes on what I was looking for. I've been looking at getting an electric bike for 8-9 months and have been reading/lurking on these forums - thank you all for the excellent content. I've watched WAY too many Youtube reviews by Court and many many others. I looked at the BIG brand names (Trek, Giant, Specialized) and they have some really nice products but the price they are asking is a huge premium over their scrappy start-up DTC competition. I could buy one of the brand names - but the price premium on those bikes is about dealer support and distribution/inventory carrying. I don't need to buy into either. I'm capable and know my way around torque wrenches, spoke wrenches, electronics, etc, etc. Putting a bike together and keeping it running is actually fun for me. Others may need the support - if you do, go brand name/dealer.

I've looked closely at Rad and Juiced - and the other "bigger but not quite ubiquitous brand names". They sell some nice products. Rad was less expensive - I liked the Rad Rover but it came with a lot of compromises - cadence sensors, spring forks and cable/mechanical brakes - I like those Seattle guys story and respect their products. I also really like Juiced - they seem to be the leader on the disruptive e-bike block. I looked at the RipCurrent for a long time. I like their battery development and I like their torque sensors. But their frame design is very "me too" and not inspiring - it looks like a bike with a battery bolted onto it - they could do better in that regard but they seem to favor battery size over design - a lot of people will agree with that philosophy and go that way - nothing wrong with that, distance matters. Juiced prices are leaning toward being steep - especially their batteries - $1300 for a replacement battery? What the AF? No question, there is a need/demand for what Juiced sells and people will rationalize buying Into the Juiced system where replacement batteries costs $1000+ alone - I'm not one of them. I appreciate Rad and Juiced products and I know they cover market segments that will keep them in business. Really nice bikes.

Why did I decide on a Ride1up bike? Short answer is value. I really liked their 700 series design - I prefer an integrated battery - I like low profile/inconspicuous. I don't need to announce - HEY I'M ON AN E-BIKE! The 700 series has a LOT going for it. Really nice looking bike - with air shocks and hydraulic brakes at a super competitive price. But... my research on eBikes put a premium on torque sensor vs cadence sensor. The latter is what the 700 is equipped with and at the price, that makes sense. The lack of a torque sensor on the 700 made me hesitate as I was willing to hold out for torque sensing and pay more. I'm not using my bike as a commuter bike so battery longevity/range was not critical (but it's still important). I don't ride in the rain or wet weather so I don't need fenders (would have removed them from the RipCurrent). I don't ride at night so I don't need lights... I primarily ride during daylight to get around town in good weather. A rack is a necessity... I wish the LMT’d included one!

The LMT'd builds on what I like about the 700 - while taking away some things I didn’t need. you get the Integrated battery/bike design, hydraulic brakes, air shocks, nice/color display (rebadged Luna 500c) and most important, torque sensing. It will be interesting to see if the latter is well implemented and is worth some of the things the bike trades off (marginally) to keep the price low - like off-brand (but dependable) components (Mxus, Tektro) and lower end levels of big name brands (Shimano). Along with not including fenders, lights and a rack. (It’s easy enough to add these though- I’ll add a rack). Another big plus is a standard battery design (Reention) that can be independently sourced at a reasonable price. Seeing them for under $400 online - I’m hoping Ride1Up sells replacement batteries locally from the states. Last but not least - 51lbs… Not a feather weight but pretty damn light for an e-bike at this price.

it will be interesting to see the uptake on this bike. They already increased the price less than 48 hours after releasing it. Sales must be good...
I also just ordered one and also got in before the $100 price increase. I also only ride in the day and not in the rain.
The one main Item they are missing is the rack. Come on. Most people need one. If they don't supply it, they should inform us of what racks are available that will fit that model. Ride1up informed me that the rack off of the 500 and the 700 will not fit the LMT'D.

Ordered my LMT'd on Friday after a lot of research and deliberation. Looking forward to getting this bad johnny.

Someone told me that the bike has pretty standard mounts so most racks that work with disc brakes should be good. They also said they plan on having racks soon.

I wish each Ride1up could be customized with racks, fenders and lights, and with cafe or straight handlebars.
I agree. Wanted the fenders/rack set. They do have commuter vs risers. I went with risers despite commuting. The pics I saw of the commuters looked like they were highly angled inward too far.

Back