• Full 20mm of anti-vibration
  • Ideal for E-Bikes
    IMG_1976.JPG
    IMG_1977.JPG
    IMG_1978.JPG
    IMG_1979.JPG
    IMG_1980.JPG
    IMG_1981.JPG

That looks nice! Did you do the install, or have someone else do it? Just curious if it's a PITA or straightforward.

I've been looking at the Redshift 30* stem, but this could be a solution.

I've been looking at the Redshift 30* stem
Keep to that thought. At least Redshift looks like a stem, is damping rapid road vibration and is probably far more lightweight. Does your Vado already have a suspension fork? Why would you need yet another set of springs?

Same here, the look is a little bit strange and it's 2 times the weight of the Redshift and 4 times of a normal stem.
But if it works well better than without suspension on the Vado SL!

Ahhh, the main goal was a more upright position? But now I see you already have a suspension fork. Aren''t there other stems lighter&cheaper just to raise the handle bar?

Last edited:
Keep to that thought. At least Redshift looks like a stem, is damping rapid road vibration and is probably far more lightweight. Does your Vado already have a suspension fork? Why would you need yet another set of springs?
I am looking for a replacement rigid fork, the stock suspension fork is awful. I'd couple a rigid fork with one of these stems to reduce chatter.

I am looking for a replacement rigid fork, the stock suspension fork is awful. I'd couple a rigid fork with one of these stems to reduce chatter.
Maybe you bought the wrong bike . The suspension fork on my Vado is a great fork for what it is . You're entitled to do as you please with your bike . However suspension front forks are the evolution from handlebar suspension stems . Because on the stem creates chatter . While it may absorb bumps . It doesn't smooth out the ride like suspension in the fork does . That's why you see so many E bikes with factory SF vs factory handlebar stem suspension. In fact I can't think of any . These companies like Redshift and Kinekt are trying to make money . The Seat suspensions are great . But you wouldn't need it with RS bikes . It's just a gimmick to sell more stuff . Don't get me wrong they have there place. On gravel bikes they are a god send . But they will never replace a FS, because they are in the wrong place . It seems to me having suspension in both the stem and forks working at the same time in conjunction . Would be pretty much impossible . This chatter kinekt is referring to is what riders with no suspension experience on gravel roads . That's who these companies are making this product for . Gravel bikes for the most part aren't designed for fork suspension because you are leaned over the handlebars . Yet wait and see . Sooner or later someone will make a gravel bike with a suspension fork that absorbs gravel road chatter . What you are doing is akin to putting suspension on the steering wheel of your car . Eventually you'd end up in the ditch :)

Last edited:
I've never had any issue whatsoever with the previous Kinekt suspension stem. I did 5,200 miles on a previous Vado and about 2200 miles on this 2022 Vado,
The comfort is phenomenal. The fork absorbs minimally, the stem more. I don't think it's a gimmik. It is a working addition.
Of course, my opinion.

Maybe you bought the wrong bike . The suspension fork on my Vado is a great fork for what it is . You're entitled to do as you please with your bike . However suspension front forks are the evolution from handlebar suspension stems . Because on the stem creates chatter . While it may absorb bumps . It doesn't smooth out the ride like suspension in the fork does . That's why you see so many E bikes with factory SF vs factory handlebar stem suspension. In fact I can't think of any . These companies like Redshift and Kinekt are trying to make money . The Seat suspensions are great . But you wouldn't need it with RS bikes . It's just a gimmick to sell more stuff . Don't get me wrong they have there place. On gravel bikes they are a god send . But they will never replace a FS, because they are in the wrong place . It seems to me having suspension in both the stem and forks working at the same time in conjunction . Would be pretty much impossible . This chatter kinekt is referring to is what riders with no suspension experience on gravel roads . That's who these companies are making this product for . Gravel bikes for the most part aren't designed for fork suspension because you are leaned over the handlebars . Yet wait and see . Sooner or later someone will make a gravel bike with a suspension fork that absorbs gravel road chatter . What you are doing is akin to putting suspension on the steering wheel of your car . Eventually you'd end up in the ditch :)
Suspension fork is in the first place to ensure more traction for the front wheel, and it is for dampening slow road vibration in the second place. A suspension fork is too slow to dampen the rapid road vibration.

I've never had any issue whatsoever with the previous Kinekt suspension stem. I did 5,200 miles on a previous Vado and about 2200 miles on this 2022 Vado,
The comfort is phenomenal. The fork absorbs minimally, the stem more. I don't think it's a gimmik. It is a working addition.
Of course, my opinion.
Maybe I'll try one . If I don't like it or need it . Maybe you can put it on the wife's bike ;) Have a good one .

Suspension fork is in the first place to ensure more traction for the front wheel, and it is for dampening slow road vibration in the second place. A suspension fork is too slow to dampen the rapid road vibration.
That is the point I was trying to make . And cause a little trouble ;)

That is the point I was trying to make . And cause a little trouble ;)
A good suspension stem with 20 mm of travel gives you more vibration dampening than a 140 mm suspension fork :) Ride through washboard gravel or rough cobblestones :) Only the suspension stem does not improve the wheel traction.

Maybe you bought the wrong bike . The suspension fork on my Vado is a great fork for what it is . You're entitled to do as you please with your bike . However suspension front forks are the evolution from handlebar suspension stems .:)
Um: no, and no. And the 2 components offer radically different functionality, as @Stefan Mikes pointed out.

The bike is superb, I love it. The fork is junk, the fork on my Rad Rover is much better at doing anything. Glad you're happy with yours.

Does it increase the reach? I love the Kinekt seat post and the idea of raising the bars to more upright position with dampening sounds like a winner. However, I would think the increased reach could offset the rise.

I've been looking at the Redshift 30* stem, but this could be a solution.
I put the Redshift 30° on my Pedego Avenue and really like it. I do notice the slight twisting of the handlebars, however. Had I seen the Kinekt 50° stem, I probably would have gone with it even though I prefer the Redshift Suspension Seatpost.

Does anyone have a side-by-side comparison of the Redshift 30° and the Kinekt 50°? I'd like to compare the relative handlebar positions between the two.

9 Nov 2022 update: I bought the Kinekt and have posted a side-by-side photo in this thread: Kinekt 50° Comfort Stem vs. Redshift 30° ShockStop Suspension Stem

Last edited:
Does it increase the reach? I love the Kinekt seat post and the idea of raising the bars to more upright position with dampening sounds like a winner. However, I would think the increased reach could offset the rise.
Absolutely! It's like a stem extension and suspension stem/spring. I know it is higher (did not measure) but where I park my bike the clearance from the top of the handlebars to the shelf it is under is less than before. I did a 12-mile ride today and all I can say is that it's much like riding the Como (2022) as far as handlebar comfort. Also remember, I swapped out my handlebars to the prior year's (2021) Como style, and it is swept back slightly more than the OEM.
The reach is a non-issue as I used different handlebars (might be referenced in a post a year or 2 ago when I used the same one on my 2021 Vado 5 for better reach).
I'll see if I can clarify/document the exact notes.

Back