New Juiced Ripcurrent S Fat eBike

Have you ridden the HF1000 or the Biktrix Ultra ?
Not available t ride ... But if I were to have a FB eBike, I'll buy a bike and add a kit. Works best for me. But I have 5 bikes and no real passion for FB's.

Pretty hard to judge if you haven't ridden them. Also, The Ultra needs a custom frame unless you're real handy with a welder.

Pretty hard to judge if you haven't ridden them. Also, The Ultra needs a custom frame unless you're real handy with a welder.
I’m in the group that believes a bike should be fit to the rider. Making me a fan of building around bikes i am comfortable on and could pedal efficiently with a motor not functioning. I’ve sat on quite @ few and trialed ar least a dozen. If there were a 4” tire KHS smoothie large frame i’d be riding it. Crank forward townie style geometry for me. My FB steers like a tank minus the cannon. I’ll leave them to the younger crowd. And old farts needing to find thier yoot. <tongue in cheek>

Ok, I personally can't stand the crank forward style. Mine handles just fine with pressure at 18 lbs. I also don't like the feel of hub drives I have ridden, so I guess that's why they make different configurations. I would love to try the HF1000.

So, you do have a FB ? You said "if I had a FB" and then said "My FB steers like a tank minus the cannon" . ??

New studio photos posted of the actual production RipCurrent S! https://www.juicedbikes.com/products/ripcurrent-s
The RCS debuts our exclusive Battery Platform 2 with the wider and stronger downtube, cable "Chunnel" for hidden yet fully serviceable cable management, shock absorption design for "jiggle-free" battery mounting, Native support for 48V and 52V.

We also launched a totally new webpage and also financing with Affirm.

Attachments

• RCS-Red-Iso-Right (2000px).jpg
    RCS-Red-Iso-Right (2000px).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,704
  • RCS-Red-Iso-Rear-Right (2000px).jpg
    RCS-Red-Iso-Rear-Right (2000px).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,127
  • RCS-Brushed-Iso-Right (2000px).jpg
    RCS-Brushed-Iso-Right (2000px).jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 2,976
  • RCS-Black-Side-Right (2000px).jpg
    RCS-Black-Side-Right (2000px).jpg
    347.8 KB · Views: 2,991
New studio photos posted of the actual production RipCurrent S! https://www.juicedbikes.com/products/ripcurrent-s
The RCS debuts our exclusive Battery Platform 2 with the wider and stronger downtube, cable "Chunnel" for hidden yet fully serviceable cable management, shock absorption design for "jiggle-free" battery mounting, Native support for 48V and 52V.

Thanks Tora! They look AWESOME.

New site looks great.

Under the CCS mechanical features it says it has an air suspension fork. Is this new with upcoming batches?

Just went to the website and the 48V / 13Ah battery configuration at $1699 is either "Unavailable" or "Sold Out" regardless of color. Line up and wait I guess.

1. On the top of the webpage, the weight limit is stated at 275#. However, if you scroll down to the "Weight" section, it's listed as 300#. Which is it?
  2. Under the "Parts and Accessories" section, the Vee Rubber Speedster tire is shown. If selected, are they shipped separately or is it possible to have them mounted before shipping?
  3. If I purchase using Affirm, when is the first payment due since the bike is still in the pre-order stage?
Thanks.

1. On the top of the webpage, the weight limit is stated at 275#. However, if you scroll down to the "Weight" section, it's listed as 300#. Which is it?
Thanks.

Court asked Tora a question about weight limit in his Crosscurrent S video. Tora's answer was illuminating. I don't know the exact quote but it ran something like this: "More weight means more maintenance." To me, that means things like checking tire pressure more often, and keeping an eye on spoke tension/wheel trueing, since both of those are directly involved in how the bike handles weight. In this view, weight limit is dynamic rather than static -- up to a limit, of course.

Court asked Tora a question about weight limit in his Crosscurrent S video. Tora's answer was illuminating. I don't know the exact quote but it ran something like this: "More weight means more maintenance." To me, that means things like checking tire pressure more often, and keeping an eye on spoke tension/wheel trueing, since both of those are directly involved in how the bike handles weight. In this view, weight limit is dynamic rather than static -- up to a limit, of course.
I don't think you can get any more vague than that answer. I'm looking at the CCS again because of torque sensor and free shipping to Honolulu now through Amazon Prime. Juiced website assesses $200. Past posts on spoke issues and slow or unresponsive support make me nervous though, and local ebike LBS who used to carry Juiced Bikes won't even do the warranty work on them anymore.

I don't think you can get any more vague than that answer. I'm looking at the CCS again because of torque sensor and free shipping to Honolulu now through Amazon Prime. Juiced website assesses $200. Past posts on spoke issues and slow or unresponsive support make me nervous though, and local ebike LBS who used to carry Juiced Bikes won't even do the warranty work on them anymore.

Didn't strike me as vague at all. I found it to be highly useful information.

Regarding past posts on spoke issues etc., notice that you are not seeing them from purchasers of the CCS's that went out in late Nov/early Dec.

I don't buy pretty much anything when it first comes out. Cars, cellphones, whatever. I am grateful to the early adopters of the Crosscurrent whose contributions to product development led to the current, very stable platform that it has become. This is not sarcasm; I mean it sincerely.

Didn't strike me as vague at all. I found it to be highly useful information.

Regarding past posts on spoke issues etc., notice that you are not seeing them from purchasers of the CCS's that went out in late Nov/early Dec.

I don't buy pretty much anything when it first comes out. Cars, cellphones, whatever. I am grateful to the early adopters of the Crosscurrent whose contributions to product development led to the current, very stable platform that it has become. This is not sarcasm; I mean it sincerely.
I appreciate your comments. Overall wheel maintenance (spoke tension, truing, tire pressure) are definitely going to contribute to the weight capacity of any bike. What concerns me is that on 2 different locations on the same webpage Juiced is listing the weight capacity as completely different numbers. They need to go with either 275# or 300# and then perhaps put an asterisk afterwards with a disclaimer about the effects of wheel/tire maintenance on such capacity.

More than likely, it's just a typo. Someone may have been copying content from another product's page and forgot to change the number. I've made the same error when copying and pasting snippets of computer code. Trying to save time and it bites me later. Other than the typo, the bike looks and sounds great on the newly designed webpage and has me reconsidering my future ebike choices. Looking forward to hearing more reviews as riders take delivery.

Not available t ride ... But if I were to have a FB eBike, I'll buy a bike and add a kit. Works best for me. But I have 5 bikes and no real passion for FB's.

I can't help thinking of the ratio of fat bike to 'commuter' bike like the CCS sales is an indication of how people use ebikes, as recreational instead of utilitarian.

More fatbike sales means ebikes are more recreational - but it's possible with the advent of electric bikeshare, people may rely on that for utility bicycles.

Greetings, I am a new member and looking a Juiced bike to add a new dimension of enjoyment to my retirement. I expect to be riding lots of paved and unpaved bike trails and also hauling groceries. I am very interested in the RipCurrent S but have no experience with fat tire bikes. Any insights or comments would be apprecaited. My wife will get the Ocean Current but I keep coming back to the RipCurrent S.

I can't help thinking of the ratio of fat bike to 'commuter' bike like the CCS sales is an indication of how people use ebikes, as recreational instead of utilitarian.

More fatbike sales means ebikes are more recreational - but it's possible with the advent of electric bikeshare, people may rely on that for utility bicycles.
I see FB's on the trails, but have yet to seen commuting in the city. I bought a FB to convert to a mid drive with a BBSHD. IMO it rode like a tank. I disliked nearly everything about it. But then I'm one who's stuck on fit foot frames like the Townie (Electra) or Smoothe (KHS).

Back