NEW Juiced Models: Rip Current, and Cross Current X; Tariff Pricing Announced

That's kind of a poor comparison. Automotive manufacturers don't redesign their vehicles every year, there is a few years of using the same everything. They do them in generations. The Impala for example is on its 10th Generation. I'm sure a piece of equipment from a 73 Impala would be identical to the same piece in a 74, but radically different from a 1980 model. Which is understandable. I'm not saying I'm not happy with my CCS but to see a version that has a whole different sized controller makes you wonder what happens down the pipeline when you need a new controller for your CCS, but they're discontinued because the new ones don't fit your old frame. I'm sure they have a backstock of replacement controllers that would fit the CCS, but eventually they will discontinue it. That's all I'm worried about.
Exactly, and this is why @Bruce Arnold has set up a straw man. Car manufacturer's sell replacement parts for many years after discontinuing. I've gotten 10 year old parts from dealerships, and they service vehicles much older than that. At Juiced, I have a hard time getting parts for a bike I purchased in 2015!

Did anyone here actually buy a CCS X? I had a couple of friends make inquiries into the longevity of the controller when operating in “Race” mode. I don’t have the exact wording, but Juiced Bikes response was that the controller was not designed for prolonged periods of operation in Race mode. I’m sure we’re going to see a few more controller failures once the bikes get delivered.

The same goes for the new HF1100. If that controller is pulling around 35amps, how will it ever last beyond a few hundred miles?

I like what Juiced Bike brings to the market, but they need to bring a few disclaimers and some honesty with it.

what happens down the pipeline when you need a new controller for your CCS, but they're discontinued because the new ones don't fit your old frame. I'm sure they have a backstock of replacement controllers that would fit the CCS, but eventually they will discontinue it. That's all I'm worried about.

Once your bike is out of warranty you could buy a spare controller and display if it really concerns you. The CCS is still offered for sale new on their website so I wouldn’t be that concerned about the parts disappearing soon. I think Juiced Bikes is in a much better position than the big e-bike brands that use proprietary parts. Imagine spending spending $5k on a Specialized e-bike and not being able to get a proprietary replacement battery 3-4 years down the line.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

I don't know about the CCX, but I believe the CCS has "S" mode, or sport mode. (I have CC Air)

That's not good if it wasn't designed for prolonged operation. A lot of people are commuters and I imagine many people would just go to the highest setting for prolonged time.

The CCS has 0, Eco, 1, 2, 3, and S. I'm pretty sure it's the same as the air.

The CCX has 0, Eco, 1, 2, 3, S, and R. My guess is that the R mode is where you're running into the higher amps from the controller and creating more heat.

Once your bike is out of warranty you could buy a spare controller and display if it really concerns you. The CCS is still offered for sale new on their website so I wouldn’t be that concerned about the parts disappearing soon. I think Juiced Bikes is in a much better position than the big e-bike brands that use proprietary parts. Imagine spending spending $5k on a Specialized e-bike and not being able to get a proprietary replacement battery 3-4 years down the line.

True. I think my best bet is probably just to buy a spare controller and store it incase I ever need it in the future. Better safe than sorry, and it'll be good to have one in case anything ever does happen in the future and they're not available.

Lots of literal-minded people here who don't recognize a simple literary device when they see one. Do you really think I was comparing a 72 Impala to a current model? It's not a straw man, it's hyperbole. You know exactly what I meant and choose to criticize the delivery instead of addressing the actual point. Intellectual dishonesty so y'all can continue whining. Constructive criticism of Juiced, or any company, is welcome IMO. Self-absorbed and entitled petulance is not. Unless told to calm down by the moderators, I intend to be much less forgiving of childish carping than I have been.

Lots of literal-minded people here who don't recognize a simple literary device when they see one. Do you really think I was comparing a 72 Impala to a current model? It's not a straw man, it's hyperbole. You know exactly what I meant and choose to criticize the delivery instead of addressing the actual point. Intellectual dishonesty so y'all can continue whining. Constructive criticism of Juiced, or any company, is welcome IMO. Self-absorbed and entitled petulance is not. Unless told to calm down by the moderators, I intend to be much less forgiving of childish carping than I have been.

It doesn't seem like criticism is allowed on this board without you harping on the person. So unfortunately no one voices your opinion because you come along and try to shut them down. Just being truthful here.

I, just like you and others, have bought this bike. I think we're entitled to our opinions. And don't need to be attacked for having them.

I juat found something interesting.
Juiced told me that CCX speed controller would not work on CC because of the motor.

But when I looked at Juiced Canadian distributor website, they're selling the rear wheel (motor included, I think) as CCS/CCX replacement part.

Just saw this. I'm trying to find out but I suspect the Canadian CCX is just a CCS with a tire swap, they kind of say this on their web page. I'm holding off purchasing one as I want a real CCX

It doesn't seem like criticism is allowed on this board without you harping on the person. So unfortunately no one voices your opinion because you come along and try to shut them down. Just being truthful here.

I, just like you and others, have bought this bike. I think we're entitled to our opinions. And don't need to be attacked for having them.
I'm fine with criticism. It's whining that I'm tired of.

Care to elaborate?

Your exact quote was "Who could sell a car with a carburetor, points and distributer in the current era? No one with a 1972 Impala screams at Chevy because they can't upgrade to EFI. "

I (we) thought you were actually comparing this Juiced CC -> CCS -> CCX upgrade to carburetor -> EFI upgrade. You're saying you had different interpretation/implementation than what you actually wrote?/QUOTE]
You're focusing on a technical implementation. I was referring a practical matter. If carburetors could be easily replaced with EFIs, would auto manufacturers feel obligated to retrofit your car? You bought what you bought. That's it.

This made some remarks early on about modular upgrades. From a manufacturing viewpoint, he has done just that. Did he ever imply that this was a guarantee to the end user, that they could do the same thing? How does that make sense? I guess it's possible with some computers, that you can own then up and swap stuff out. This is an exception, not the rule.

You don't expect this for your car, your microwave, your phone, your fridge, your TV, and so on as nauseam. Why is Juiced so dishonest because they don't do it either?

I just looked at the Canadian CCX and looks superior to the US version. However, it is more expensive at $3,799 Canadian ($2,932 US @ today's rate)

Here's the quote:

Note that our version of the CrossCurrent X differs from the USA version in the following ways:

US CCX specification 19.2 ah 52 V battery, 2 Amp charger
Canadian CCX specification 21 ah 52 V battery, 8 Amp programmable fast charger with 80% charge option

Yes, I read that. My concern is that it's missing several features from the CCX. The Canadian CCX is a CCS with upgraded tires, battery, and charger.
I'm interested more in the features It's lacking.

But this might be a good news for current CCS owners though, it says that it provides 100W more power (so going from 650W to 750W?)

Installing the 52V vs. 48V battery means roughly 4V higher charge voltage. So 4V X 20A = 80W of additional peak power with the 52V battery in the CCS. That is just the theoretical difference. The number could be higher in practice if the 52V battery voltage sags less under load.

FWIW, I have a 52V battery (almost always only charged to 80% and drains to 40%) I have seen real-time watts up to 1050W in S mode. Cruising in level 3 watts typically range from 500 to 750, in S mode if speed is below 30 it will range from 700 to 1000, above 30 its just like level 3.

I ordered the CCS controller today and I already have the LCD display. I’ll be upgrading my original Cross Current to the 20A controller. Looking forward to the extra 50% power increase.

Back