New huge battery and Concept Bike 2022

bluecat

These days, Stromer held her first Stromer Universe fair. Two days ar for dealer only, one day was the public day. Additionally, a special evening event for invited persons took place. The full range of new models was presented.

And then, the French artists "Laser Wizards" introduced the groundbreaking upcoming Stromer. The attached picture, taken from my video, shows an artistic drawing of the new bike.

The key point is: It will have a huge battery with 21700 cells and an extraordinary range even with "all in" settings. Furthermore, it will have world exclusive new technology.

Attachments

• Video_Still.jpg
    Video_Still.jpg
    655.5 KB · Views: 354
So their gonna equip it with lasers?
I like the lasers idea! They should have worked instead on dropping the porker poundage and putting the motor in the middle so it can do more fun athletic bike like stuff.
1629661740409.png

Can You Afford It.jpg

There is no doubt, this Stromer will be far ahead of its competitors. For shure because of the battery. But once unveiled, everybody will realize: Because of its technology. Therefore, It's not surprising, the price will also be unique in terms of a Stromer. But how many times do you use your S-Works Turbo Levo SL and how often do you commute?

View attachment 97541

There is no doubt, this Stromer will be far ahead of its competitors. For shure because of the battery. But once unveiled, everybody will realize: Because of its technology. Therefore, It's not surprising, the price will also be unique in terms of a Stromer. But how many times do you use your S-Works Turbo Levo SL and how often do you commute?
This is what an electric bike looks like. The three pound battery goes in the water bottle cage. It will run the porker Stromer into the ground.

Attachments

• MercianCycles03.JPG
    MercianCycles03.JPG
    410.4 KB · Views: 239
I'd like to see a lightweight Stromer with a quality 350W to 500W geared rear hub drive, or 250W to to 350W mid drive, with 500 to 700 watt hour battery pack and a weight somewhere in the 42 to 45 pound (19 to 21 kg) weight range.

When I last rode a Stromer, I thought it felt like a quality machine, but it also was similar to riding a moped or motor scooter due to the weight. Something a little different than the standard ST would be a welcome change.

Whatever they make I'll certainly look forward to reading about it for the technology.

This is what an electric bike looks like. The three pound battery goes in the water bottle cage. It will run the porker Stromer into the ground.
0C343F68-9DFB-4633-A50C-6E966B3F5A34.jpeg

Wow! That’s sooo funny….
Hmmm.. you know no one’s forcing you to ride or buy “the porker “.
Has it occurred to you that some people might actually enjoy riding these premium bikes. You should try one out sometime …
Danny Macaskill is amazing on any bike.
That video was incredible but totally irrelevant when talking about commuter bikes .
That kind of trolling belongs on Twitter or Tik Tok
Good day to you Petaluma

I like your light builds but I can't agree with this statement. Stromer feels great on the road, it is a great sporty ride and that's why on the road I am only taking my Stromer.

It is true that Stromer is heavy but higher capacity comes with more weight, that is a fact of today's battery technology. How much range can you get with that 3 pound battery if you can keep 24+ mph avg? I get 70+ miles if I am relaxed, much more if I put in the effort.
On top of that at higher speeds I am certain that Stromer is much more stable.

Nothing new to see there, just a big ass down tube for the battery.

Where exactly the battery is located on your bikes ? Under your seat ?

While it is nothing special, at least unlike some major companies who still use 36V packs with 18650 cells they used 48V packs and switched to the better 21700 cells.

I'd like to see a lightweight Stromer with a quality 350W to 500W geared rear hub drive, or 250W to to 350W mid drive, with 500 to 700 watt hour battery pack and a weight somewhere in the 42 to 45 pound (19 to 21 kg) weight range.
1629823217701.png

The CEO and MOB is presenting some key figures. But without the size of the market, the information is small. The point is: Stromer sells street legals 45km/h e-bikes. The target audience are commutes. To keep the pace, Stromer will not enter other fields.

I can recommend having a closer look at VanMoof. They sell so called Pedelec with a very clean designs and some kind IT stuff. I'm convinced, they always have a close look what Stromer has done.

This is what a commuter bike looks like. All the ugly wires and connectors are removed so it is a clean build. The motor is in the middle where it belongs and not at the far end. The display is minimalist. Most commutes are under three hours each way so more battery than that is a waste to heft on mile one.

Attachments

• 48V21Battery01.JPG
    48V21Battery01.JPG
    215.9 KB · Views: 247
  • 48V21Battery02.JPG
    48V21Battery02.JPG
    186.3 KB · Views: 253
  • Chisel01.JPG
    Chisel01.JPG
    627.2 KB · Views: 262
  • Chisel02.JPG
    Chisel02.JPG
    250.8 KB · Views: 261
  • teetertotter-balance.jpg
    teetertotter-balance.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 252
From my point of view, this presentation was one of the more important ones since the last years.

It was the first public after the acquisition through Naxicap. The set of presented new models signals business continuity. But the new battery tell us, a new "era" will begin. Since 2014, as the groundbreaking ST2 was unveiled, the 48V battery has the same shape. Only it's capacity increased during the years. The easy exchange of the battery between the different models is one of the nice featurans from Stromer.

As usual, they will start with the top model. Later, the mid range and the entry level will follow.

I visited the event with my Stromer, but as I realized, the various food are accompanied with Dieter Meier's Ojo de Agua Malbec, public transport had have been the better choice.

1629829456140.png

Why I'm telling this? There is no more Interbike, even the Eurobike is shrinking away. Therefore, Stromer did their own event.

This is what a commuter bike looks like. All the ugly wires and connectors are removed so it is a clean build. The motor is in the middle where it belongs and not at the far end. The display is minimalist. Most commutes are under three hours each way so more battery than that is a waste to heft on mile one.

Stromer has better cable integration than the bike in your example, try to test ride an ST5 if you have the opportunity.

Market share expressed in a percentage is no good without total numbers .10 percent of a whole lot is still a lot while 80 per cent of nothing is still nothing , again my question is what is Stromer doing to help with high class service of a high class bike? I owned a Stromer branded bike since 2012 and selling my last one Sunday at 10am, reason of sale is all lack of service and reliability issues.

again my question is what is Stromer doing to help with high class service of a high class bike? I owned a Stromer branded bike since 2012 and selling my last one Sunday at 10am, reason of sale is all lack of service and reliability issues.

In the Netherlands and in Belgium, the customers are mostly very happy with the dealers, in Switzerland too. The biggest room to improve is in Germany. Here, the field of the dealers ist very heterogeneous; som sell really much Stromer - ang gather experience on issues. But other sell only few. This results in no chance to get experience in maintenance and repair. Stromer increased education and opened a spare parts warehouse in the EU. And, with the knowledge from millions of Stromer-kilometers, they optimize the bikes.

Maybe they just decided to do something like the LUNA Apollo battery or similar ones made by some small specialized brands. They say new Technology, but.... well see. It's all the rage these days to claim to have new battery technology, most e-bikes can't even use what is currently available correctly.

Don't buy the hype, all they had was a drawing, buy the product... that may be a couple years away yet despite what they may have said.

What i know:
- gold tone color
- 1.4K battery. Integrated in the frame, no more flappy door.
- pinion + carbon belt
- ABS

Which is strange to me because i thought Stromer always argued that a carbon belt with a middle drive train was pointless. I guess it was until they equipped their bike with it :(

Last edited:
Which is strange to me because i thought Stromer always argued that a carbon belt with a middle drive train was pointless. I guess it was until they equipped their bike with it :(

The new ST2 with Gates was the first step presented in 2019. But read my comments from 2017 about Gates and Pinion.

You arware, I'm not allowed to show pictures and I'm also not allowed to write about details. But I can present a short video from the laser show which was introducing the Concept Bike:

The picture shown in the first message wars taken from this video.

Therefore, It's not surprising, the price will also be unique in terms of a Stromer.
So, a used 500e is electric, friendly to the planet, has air conditioning, a heated passenger cabin and costs less.

Honestly that presentation ... lasers *with a dancer*... I think I know where they hired their creative director (or maybe he was someone in management's nephew?).

Back