New Frey Owners

Actually that is the tool you need to access the controller, you will need a file with that?

there seems to be no values in the settings ..... maybe i am missing something

can you tell Ivy to send you the file that goes with this and upload it to this site?
Nah, I’m all set reaching out to Ivy on this. As I said, I don’t think she wants to share this info which is why she’s making it so difficult.

Nah, I’m all set reaching out to Ivy on this. As I said, I don’t think she wants to share this info which is why she’s making it so difficult.
understandable ... well maybe brake034 will be able to help us get throttle from standstill ... keeping fingers crossed.

I will request the same help for throttle from standstill when you have it ready to install remotely ...this will be helpful and greatly appreciated and I will leave out the kissing part :D
I really appreciate your help, Ivy has been super helpful , I just don’t know what I’m doing, including downloading the file, I will work on that in the morning from my ibm, All the best
Mark

Attachments

• ULTRAMaxProg.zip
    743.7 KB · Views: 440
OK, it cannot be done with the normal software, the config tool.

A special piece of software is needed to Ivy shared with me and I managed to get the upgrade done.
My HT now has throttle from zero!

Two stumbling blocks, 1) my antivirus software killed the file that Ivy send me every time, I had to make an exception in the setting for it.
2) the software body is in Chinese, two buttons and the instruction are in English.

It requires the USB programming cable and a laptop with the small .exe file on it.
It starts with running the little program with the USB side of the cable in the laptop, don't hook the cable to the bike yet!
Check the software finds the correct COM port, mine was COM5.
When that is OK, press Start Update and only than connect the green plugs of the bike to the programming cable.
The software will see the connection and the upgrade begins with unreadable text on my screen as it is an English laptop it doesn´t show the Chinese characters.
Once it´s finished (which is obvious on the screen) disconnect the connection between the bike and the USB cable.
Connect the screen back to the green connector and turn on the bike, after screen is on, lift the rear wheel and rock the throttle for a test spin........

Last edited:
Mark, that's the config tool, you can only use it for fine tuning the settings, not the start from zero.

OK, it cannot be done with the normal software, the config tool.

A special piece of software is needed to Ivy shared with me and I managed to get the upgrade done.
My HT now has throttle from zero!

Two stumbling blocks, 1) my antivirus software killed the file that Ivy send me every time, I had to make an exception in the setting for it.
2) the software body is in Chinese, two buttons and the instruction are in English.

It requires the USB programming cable and a laptop with the small .exe file on it.
It starts with running the little program with the USB side of the cable in the laptop, don't hook the cable to the bike yet!
Check the software finds the correct COM port, mine was COM5.
When that is OK, press Start Update and only than connect the green plugs of the bike to the programming cable.
The software will see the connection and the upgrade begins with unreadable text on my screen as it is an English laptop it doesn´t show the Chinese characters.
Once it´s finished (which is obvious on the screen) disconnect the connection between the bike and the USB cable.
Connect the screen back to the green connector and turn on the bike, after screen is on, lift the rear wheel and rock the throttle for a test spin........
How do we get the special piece of software?

I am asking Ivy if it's OK to share, it's a tiny zip file with only 1 .exe file.
Tedacura, are you computer wizard enough to feel confident?

Looks like you're right (not surprised). I used the programming software and changed assist 0 setting to 1 and 1 respectively. It looks like that just enables throttle during assist 0 setting but does nothing in terms of using throttle from a full stop. This is sort of a let down. I know that it serves a safety function and protects the parts from premature wear, but, to me the throttle is most beneficial at a stop to get back up to speed while commuting.

From other videos and forums such as Micah's Elektrek videos and the AM1000 endless sphere forum, it looks like earlier versions of the Bafang Ultra did have throttle from full stop ability. Micah shots footage of someone doing a wheelie using the throttle from full stop and the AM1000 owner in the forum reports his throittle works from full stop.
Desperately trying to get my CC programmed to start from throttle
Best
Mark
[/QUOTE]
I received my Frey CC on Monday I wish I had the software for my throttle to work from a full stop
I don't know if IVY will give it out.

Desperately trying to get my CC programmed to start from throttle
Best
Mark
I received my Frey CC on Monday I wish I had the software for my throttle to work from a full stop
I don't know if IVY will give it out.
[/QUOTE]
I just ordered the X1 controller from watt wagon in Boston, 15-20% more range, smoother, more power, ( programmable) START FROM STOP
Requires removing the motor and shipping to him to install and tune, 2 year warranty on the controller , local support hollaluuya

I will request the same help for throttle from standstill when you have it ready to install remotely ...this will be helpful and greatly appreciated and I will leave out the kissing part :D
I hope it works out for you I also have a Frey CC that I want to work from the throttle from a full stop.

Hey all, just a PSA for those of you tinkering with the Bafang Ultra programming software. I noticed that the default settings have the incorrect wheel diameter programmed. I assumed that this might have an effect on how the software gauges speed, etc. it was set by default to 26 inches. Like many of you, I have 27.5 Schwable Supermoto X tires so I set it to 28 inches. You may want to do the same. I assume the setting is based on the overall size of the tire and not any other metric. I don’t this is something Frey sets before they ship the bike out.

Hey all, just a PSA for those of you tinkering with the Bafang Ultra programming software. I noticed that the default settings have the incorrect wheel diameter programmed. I assumed that this might have an effect on how the software gauges speed, etc. it was set by default to 26 inches. Like many of you, I have 27.5 Schwable Supermoto X tires so I set it to 28 inches. You may want to do the same. I assume the setting is based on the overall size of the tire and not any other metric. I don’t this is something Frey sets before they ship the bike out.
Thank you for pointing that out. I had noticed it on my CC but thought it was as isolated case. Now it sounds like a production oversight.

Has anyone modify their Frey CC software like in the video (how to program the bafang ultra torque settings) and if so, why did you? and are you happy with the new settings?

Back