New Features for Nyon2 scheduled april 2022

Which kind of explains why my FTP and the wattage I put out is lower, as I'm like 26kgs lighter. My power to weight ratio when I'm doing 88W average for a ride is 1.31 (which admittedly is crap) but for you that same number would only be 0.95. Weight definitely matters when producing power in cycling, especially on hills.
I am not super healthy and run on protein only for energy and I have not the greatest level of energy. but anything 90 watts and I don't even think it raises my heart rate. when I first started riding and all I could do was spin I may have been at that level. an average of 200 watts is about the level of a decent cyclist. I did a few times. but now 130 to 145 is more my normal but thats pretty low for someone that can ride 250 miles a week.

As I'm guessing it will be difficult if not impossible to revert to 2.0.3.0 on the Nyon display, it's looking to me that this update may not be worth having.
Is there any more information on the update besides the mapping features (which I'm afraid mostly don't interest me).

For those of you using the mapping altitude feature, do you believe the ascent figures that Nyon 2.0.3.0 puts out. Somethings amiss when I ride the same route on my Kiox equipped bike, and it registers between 3 and 4 times the ascent than the Nyon does. I presume this is because the Nyon uses its own GPS, and the Kiox uses the one in your phone, and the phone one is better. Or it could be that the phone one is noise, and little tiny ascents (which are signal errors) are being added to the ascent summation. Only if Bosch knew it was noise, why not filter the noise. I'm not very impressed with the lack of consistency between the bosch displays.

I actually don't care very much what Strava reports. Yes, the proper distance and elevation gain are important.
I can see (on my Wahoo), I'm typically inputting over 100 W into the cranks. Strava tells me I'm far weaker a person. Why should I care in the first place?
Yeah, I don't REALLY care. Well, not 100% true, I do care that I'm somewhat improving over time, though advanced age I'm sure will put a stop to improvements at some point. Honestly, the fact that we are all actually moving and not sitting on the sofa with snacks is the most important part.

So my one hope for this update was that they'd make it easier to switch between Standard and Custom riding modes. Doesn't appear to have happened unfortunately.

Does anybody know what this update "Menu structure: A clearer menu structure provides a quick overview. We have added direct access to the settings where it makes sense." changed?

So my one hope for this update was that they'd make it easier to switch between Standard and Custom riding modes. Doesn't appear to have happened unfortunately.

Does anybody know what this update "Menu structure: A clearer menu structure provides a quick overview. We have added direct access to the settings where it makes sense." changed?
I'm assuming some tiles that have settings now have a settings icon to jump direct to the settings page.

You can see this on the goals and savings tiles.

well that was fast bosch has a fix for the wrong version of measurement but I found I needed to change the country then back and it fixed it.

well that was fast bosch has a fix for the wrong version of measurement but I found I needed to change the country then back and it fixed it.
iOS app updated, Android version still waiting. The Android bug is only cosmetic, so less of an issue I guess.

Anyone having issues with komoot sync?

I have a ride that shows in ebike connect (app and portal) but never shows in komoot. It's been 3 days now... I have tried deleting and reconnecting.

I was surprised my old nyon has an update. not wart what it it ads most likely a map update. but its screwed to the mount so I ahve to take it all off the bike it wont update while on the bike.

Had my first ride with my new Nyon install, replacing Cobi.bike. Everything works fine. It's ironic, though, that the one screen I'd like to delete, the map screen, I can't!
Does anyone know where I might find a technical description of parts of the device, such as whether distance and speed measurements are GPS dependent or bike/tire dependent? How is slope measured? Altitude? I presume barometric, but how is it calibrated? And so forth.

Problem is, this is for Nyon (original), not Nyon MY21 AKA BYI350
This would appear to be the explanation as to why my Nyon MY21 currently 2.0.3.0 indicates there is an update 3.0.0.0 but then refuses to download. A little confusing to be advised there isis an update but selecting download does nothing. Is this the experience of others?? This video appears to show an MY21 Nyon
being updated but the update version shown is much earlier than 3

This would appear to be the explanation as to why my Nyon MY21 currently 2.0.3.0 indicates there is an update 3.0.0.0 but then refuses to download. A little confusing to be advised there isis an update but selecting download does nothing. Is this the experience of others?? This video appears to show an MY21 Nyon
I think there's something else preventing your upgrade.

Myself and others have upgraded our Nyon 21s from 2.03 to 3.0 without problem.

Good luck .

yes it may jsut take waiting and letting it happen. I have had that happen before. I just failed in updating my old nyon. but then after our rides it worked.

Still having big problems with komoot sync. Something clearly Broken in latest update. If I want to sync compete tours, it only syncs the last tour when a new tour starts.

Still having big problems with komoot sync. Something clearly Broken in latest update. If I want to sync compete tours, it only syncs the last tour when a new tour starts.
I just upgraded to a new nyon, and it's syncing with komoot with no problem. My rides often involve a lunch stop, so it syncs as two separate rides, but I can live with that, because I can manually sync a whole ride with Strava.
You might want to check your "automatic trip reset" setting under "my ebike". I have mine set for 4 hours.

I just upgraded to a new nyon, and it's syncing with komoot with no problem. My rides often involve a lunch stop, so it syncs as two separate rides, but I can live with that, because I can manually sync a whole ride with Strava.
You might want to check your "automatic trip reset" setting under "my ebike". I have mine set for 4 hours.
The problem only occurs if you combine rides into tours.

The new update is chock full of bugs across apps, portal, sync and display. Very poor QA on Bosch's part.

Even basic stuff like they have broken the lock function on the Nyon, it no longer unlocks correctly, I need to change motor assistance mode for the power to actually get applied to the motor.

I would contact support, but they dont ever bother answering the tickets they assign... They have achieved their aim, work from home, never answer tickets and eventually end users will stop raising them.

Battery low notification is also buggy. When battery is red state (<15%) it's still showing an amber 30% notification. In the video, the battery is totally exhausted, and it's still only showing 30% low..

Clearly really poor testing for this release.

Last edited:
I had a similar issue I think, I had to restart the Nyon completely and iirc I also reset the wifi connection. After that it started to ask me to download and install the upgrade.

Looks like it's continued to be a disaster zone, the ebike connect service has fallen over, it's still offline 15 hours on, my android app got corrupted as a result and I need to uninstall and reinstall, just to stop it crashing repeatedly on launch, and all rides are shown as corrupted.

1/10 Bosch...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220514-073012.png
    Screenshot_20220514-073012.png
    284 KB · Views: 158
Back