New Features for Nyon2 scheduled april 2022

Looks like it's continued to be a disaster zone, the ebike connect service has fallen over, it's still offline 15 hours on, my android app got corrupted as a result and I need to uninstall and reinstall, just to stop it crashing repeatedly on launch, and all rides are shown as corrupted.

1/10 Bosch...
Welcome to the world of cloud computing...

ya this is the first time it has been down in the 3 years.
It's not the first time. It has been down twice at least since I got my bike a couple of months ago. Maybe it is because I'm in Australia and use it at times when they are doing maintenance, who knows.... I've hardly even used my bike (it's been raining non-stop for what seems like months) since I got it and managed to hit those two outages. This would be the third...

It's not the first time. It has been down twice at least since I got my bike a couple of months ago. Maybe it is because I'm in Australia and use it at times when they are doing maintenance, who knows.... I've hardly even used my bike (it's been raining non-stop for what seems like months) since I got it and managed to hit those two outages. This would be the third...
It is up and running again, at least here in Denmark.

Logged on to the portal again, and let the Nyon 350 sync which it claims was successful, and no sign of rides from May 12, 13, 14.

If I sync direct through WiFi and not the app, if the Nyon doesn't say "sync failed" I have always over the past 6 months had the ride show up immediately I refresh the portal page.

Anyway, I just did a 14 mile ride, came back, let the Nyon sync without failures, and no new rides since the 11th. Well done Bosch, it's still broken.

Last edited:
If I sync direct through WiFi and not the app, if the Nyon doesn't say "sync failed" I have always over the past 6 months had the ride show up immediately I refresh the portal page.

Anyway, I just did a 14 mile ride, came back, let the Nyon sync without failures, and no new rides since the 11th. Well done Bosch, it's still broken.
yep my old nyon gives more info on what's synced by time and date it shows the last sync and it would not sync a new ride either the regular nyon just gives you the fail message. Now its down again. it shows the nyon part still down.

yep my old nyon gives more info on what's synced by time and date it shows the last sync and it would not sync a new ride either the regular nyon just gives you the fail message. Now its down again. it shows the nyon part still down.
Geesh. Bringing back bad memories of my cobi.bike days. :(

I'm missing some rides from earlier in the week and today (and the one that did upload is kind of messed up).

It's the Morning of the 16th and after refreshing the page, the missing synced Nyon2 rides are now displayed. And then syncing the last ride of yesterday displayed it immediately on refresh.

till out here. Now its showing three nyons?
Screenshot 2022-05-16 at 6.43.57 AM.jpg

So my one hope for this update was that they'd make it easier to switch between Standard and Custom riding modes. Doesn't appear to have happened unfortunately.

Does anybody know what this update "Menu structure: A clearer menu structure provides a quick overview. We have added direct access to the settings where it makes sense." changed?
So far I've kept my Nyon on the previous update, the one before 3.0.0.0. With this FW rev, access to riding modes was easy, a press on the diamond button, and there they were. After the latest update access is now harder; the only thing the diamond button shows you is easier access to clearing trip data. If you want to go to riding modes, you now have to go to Settings->My eBike->Riding modes. And because you can't access settings while you're moving, access is now harder. So your second second paragraph is marketing speak for "We have removed direct access to settings our lawyers told us might hurt you"
At least I still have one Nyon on usable firmware. I now have to remember to put that one on the bike if it ever has to be connected to a LBS bike shop computer, as most of them have no clue how to not update everything in sight.

So far I've kept my Nyon on the previous update, the one before 3.0.0.0. With this FW rev, access to riding modes was easy, a press on the diamond button, and there they were. After the latest update access is now harder; the only thing the diamond button shows you is easier access to clearing trip data. If you want to go to riding modes, you now have to go to Settings->My eBike->Riding modes. And because you can't access settings while you're moving, access is now harder. So your second second paragraph is marketing speak for "We have removed direct access to settings our lawyers told us might hurt you"
At least I still have one Nyon on usable firmware. I now have to remember to put that one on the bike if it ever has to be connected to a LBS bike shop computer, as most of them have no clue how to not update everything in sight.

That's not my experience. I use a Nyon 21 with v3.0 firmware. I can access different quick access screens by pressing the left or right buttons after pressing the diamond button. The quick access screen I use (eg custom assist modes) will be the "default" when the diamond is pressed next. I can change the assist mode while actually riding using the quick access diamond button.

That's not my experience. I use a Nyon 21 with v3.0 firmware. I can access different quick access screens by pressing the left or right buttons after pressing the diamond button. The quick access screen I use (eg custom assist modes) will be the "default" when the diamond is pressed next. I can change the assist mode while actually riding using the quick access diamond button.
Is this documented somewhere, preferably in english?

Thank you Peter, I've just verified that I can use the quick menu on both 2.0.3.0 and 3.0.0.0. I had not realized that there are a range of functions in the quick access menu, accessible by thge left and right arrow buttons; I'd previously only seen the riding modes one. After making a selection on one of the quick access screens, you will be (for most screens), be exited from the quick access menu, and this will be the quick access screen you will come back to when you next press the diamond button. And you can still choose a riding mode from the settings menu when not moving.

The documenttion is poor; the closest I could point you at is this video
Look around 7:50 in.

I'm still desperately waiting for all the broken stuff in 3.0.0.0 to get fixed. It seems they threw it over the wall and don't bother monitoring their support email.

This really is really buggy, the lock funt in particular is broken, it doesn't apply motor power correctly after unlock, and sometimes it doesn't unlock at all.

Back