New Features for Nyon2 scheduled april 2022

Actually - one more thing about power - you have to remember that a true average of all the measurements is not going to take into account coasting and going downhill (well, it actually is - so you will have a lot of zeros in your sum) when you aren't putting in any power. That's why both Strava and Garmin have the weighted and normalized power values.

And, because I couldn't help myself, I extracted all the watt numbers reported and averaged them and they do indeed average to 87.17. So yeah, consistency is king! (Not. Though I'm sure they remove values from the calcuation if your position hasn't changed, etc. etc. etc.). REALLY stopping looking at this now, late for my swim!

Actually - one more thing about power - you have to remember that a true average of all the measurements is not going to take into account coasting and going downhill (well, it actually is - so you will have a lot of zeros in your sum) when you aren't putting in any power. That's why both Strava and Garmin have the weighted and normalized power values.
ya buts its not really useful if you use the dead spots. like apple would nto pause a ride and all those bases real killed the average in apple where you had no lieu what you rode if you had longer stop lights. thats why I use the average power over speed to see how I am doing. heart rate too but thats up if I am feeling bad.

Thanks for the notifications.

Please let me know how it goes.

I'll then give it a try.

Thanks for the notifications.

Please let me know how it goes.

I'll then give it a try.
Went fine afaik. Have only had mine for a couple of weeks and haven't used the maps yet so couldn't really notice any difference at a quick glance. It does make you re-download your maps when it is finished installing.

Went fine afaik. Have only had mine for a couple of weeks and haven't used the maps yet so couldn't really notice any difference at a quick glance. It does make you re-download your maps when it is finished installing.
Thanks.

Just about to plan a ride and see how rerouting is. I have already noticed a stupid bug in the Android app. Not sure what testing they do, it's not very much by the looks of it.

1649257965152.png

1649257973193.png

I would report it, but not sure they even read their emails, they certainly don't reply to them.

Has anyone have metric on the app? my is set for us but it all reads metric and I cant change it back the settings do nothing to change it back. its normal on the webpage though .

Just about to plan a ride and see how rerouting is. I have already noticed a stupid bug in the Android app. Not sure what testing they do, it's not very much by the looks of it.

View attachment 118971

View attachment 118972

I would report it, but not sure they even read their emails, they certainly don't reply to them.
same on the IOS. I went in and made sure it was set to united states and imperial but all my info including personal is metric and wont change back.

same on the IOS. I went in and made sure it was set to united states and imperial but all my info including personal is metric and wont change back.

It does work in imperial on Android, it's only the units in the notification they forgot to update.

As for other things. Routing and rerouting seems much better now, went for a ride and deliberately didn't follow the plan, and it didn't do dumb things. So that's an improvement.

Google Fit sync works, but it only appears do sync distance, calories, elevation and basic stats not detailed data, so the map view looks weird.

Didn't spot the waypoint zoom when you approach it, it shows a horriblly intrusive full screen message saying waypoint reached. Not sure who thought that was a good idea. It's not.

Could not fail noticing how similar people we are Steve (similar -- not the same -- age, weight, only you're 2" taller than I am).

I think your looking at what strava takes as watts. I hope you do more then 88 watts average. thats less then waking effort. I jsut uploaded one from today I was feeling sick and did not work much. s oI averaged 102 watts but strava shows 74 watts average.
Which kind of explains why my FTP and the wattage I put out is lower, as I'm like 26kgs lighter. My power to weight ratio when I'm doing 88W average for a ride is 1.31 (which admittedly is crap) but for you that same number would only be 0.95. Weight definitely matters when producing power in cycling, especially on hills.

Which kind of explains why my FTP and the wattage I put out is lower, as I'm like 26kgs lighter. My power to weight ratio when I'm doing 88W average for a ride is 1.31 (which admittedly is crap) but for you that same number would only be 0.95. Weight definitely matters when producing power in cycling, especially on hills.
I actually don't care very much what Strava reports. Yes, the proper distance and elevation gain are important.
I can see (on my Wahoo), I'm typically inputting over 100 W into the cranks. Strava tells me I'm far weaker a person. Why should I care in the first place?

Back