New buyer advice needed

winkawak

Just moved to NY few month ago, cant help seeing all the electric scooter and bike people use here. It really has gotten me interested in getting one as it can really help with daily commute. Ive spent couple days looking through ebikes and lectric xp seems like the best choice out of all that ive seen.

Im new to ebikes so i have few questions regarding maintenance.
1. Is it easy or same to replace or patch tires as a regular bike?
2. Whats the charge cycle/life on the battery?
3. do gears need to be lubricated and how?

I have other concerns as i have read regarding shipment damage like the guard crush piece that protects the gears. Is this common?

Are there any mechanical or electrical issues i should be aware of regarding lectric xp?
Thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum, you can find all of the information you need in detail by using the search tab on the top right of the page, at least as much as we know. As for simple answers to your questions...

1) For flat repair the front tire is exactly the same as a regular bike, the rear can be a little more difficult but the search button here or in YouTube will show you how repairing tubes can be done in a couple of minutes.
2) As for battery life no one knows the life cycle of these batteries as the bike has only been sold for a few months. Most e-bike battery sellers claim 700-800 charge cycles and I usually see projected lifespans of 3-5 years for batteries.
3)The motor is sealed for repairs, the rest of the bike is just a bike. Lots of maintenance videos on YouTube for bicycles.

I have over 500 kms on my bike, Darceman has about 900 kms on his and they just keep rolling on, they are built like tanks and use common lower end bicycle parts but all of the parts have been proven reliable in millions of bikes worldwide and are easy to change if something breaks, wears out, or if you just want something better or different.

So just spend some time on search here or in YouTube, I have 73 videos bookmarked on these bikes and there more that I just didn't bother bookmarking for one reason or another. The general concensus is this is a really good bike for a good price.

The reasons I like this bike are:

1) The battery is hidden, protected, and locked in place
2) The bike folds so you can store it in smaller spaces or carry it in smaller vehicles.
3) The bikes top rail or standover height is low so shorter people can use the bike
4) Funky looks and chunky tires! Really looks good in black, white is meh. (personal disclaimer...I own a white bike)
5) Above all it's fun and if you keep the PAS low it's good exercise but you get to go much faster and you can kill hills

What I don't like about the bike:

1) Narrow handlebars, easily changed
2) Dim headlight even though it brought me home safely one night because all of my bright lights died. Again easily overcome
3) Key location, there is another bike out there using the same frame as ours but the key is on the left side of the frame near the handlebars.
4) Short rear fender throws mud everywhere, again easily fixed
5) No clock on the display

Unless you are looking for a "mountain bike" to do some serious trails at your local mountain bike park I don't think you can beat this bike. It rides great on pavement, is especially fun on easy trails, it's built tough and it seems to be approachable, acceptable, or non-threatening to people you meet on pathways unlike the really large fat tire mountain bikes which are the "monster trucks" of the bike world.

Last edited:
I couldn't have said it better myself. Totally agree... One other thing also is the customer service is also very good. I have had a few minor issues with the two bikes we have and Lectric has been outstanding in taking care of them.

Welcome to the forum, you can find all of the information you need in detail by using the search tab on the top right of the page, at least as much as we know. As for simple answers to your questions...

1) The front tire is exactly the same as a regular bike, the rear can be a little more difficult but the search button here or in YouTube will show you how repairing tubes can be done in a couple of minutes.
2) No one knows the life cycle of these batteries as the bike has only been sold for a few months. Most e-bike battery sellers claim 700-800 charge cycles and I usually see projected lifespans of 3-5 years for batteries.
3)The motor is sealed, the rest of the bike is just a bike. Lots of maintenance videos on YouTube for bicycles.
Thanks ill be checking them out soon, do these motor require any maintenance? how many miles can they hold up? are the parts expensive?

I have over 500 kms on my bike, Darceman has about 900 kms on his and they just keep rolling on, they are built like tanks and use common lower end bicycle parts but all of the parts have been proven reliable in millions of bikes worldwide and are easy to change if something breaks, wears out, or if you just want something better or different.

So just spend some time on search here or in YouTube, I have 73 videos bookmarked on these bikes and there more that I just didn't bother bookmarking for one reason or another. The general concensus is this is a really good bike for a good price.

The reasons I like this bike are:

1) The battery is hidden, protected, and locked in place
2) The bike folds so you can store it in smaller spaces or carry it in smaller vehicles.
3) The bikes top rail or standover height is low so shorter people can use the bike
4) Funky looks and chunky tires! Really looks good in black, white is meh. (personal disclaimer...I own a white bike)
How does lectric bike hold up in rain? If im using this bike for commute im bound to run into rain sooner or later. Anyone tried riding it on snow? lol

What I don't like about the bike:

1) Narrow handlebars, easily fixed -handle bar extension or completely change out the handle bar?
2) Dim headlight even though it brought me home safely one night because all of my bright lights died. Again easily overcome
3) Key location, there is another bike out there using the same frame as ours but the key is on the left side of the frame near the handlebars. Hows key hole and charging hole regarding water seeping in?
4) Short rear fender throws mud everywhere, again easily fixed

Unless you are looking for a "mountain bike" to do some serious trails at your local mountain bike park I don't think you can beat this bike. It rides great on pavement, is especially fun on easy trails, it's built tough and it seems to be approachable, acceptable, or non-threatening to people you meet on pathways unlike the really large fat tire mountain bikes which are the "monster trucks" of the bike world.Whats the difference between a real mountain bike other than bigger tires? I dont think ill be riding it through woods or anything serious. Probably just so hike trails or steep hills.

Not recommended to ride in rain. That’s a recipe for disaster in the long run. Al sorts of info on this on you tube etc. Use google to your advantage. The motors don’t really require much maintance. I guess depended on mileage. Replace the handlebars. Aliexpress has them cheap. To your advantage take some time and read the forums here. There’s all your answers or at least most of them in this forum.

Heads up...this video claims that there will be a black friday sale on XP's for the original price of $799. I checked the website and found no mention of this price though.

Heads up...this video claims that there will be a black friday sale on XP's for the original price of $799. I checked the website and found no mention of this price though.

if its true what a deal, i emailed the company last week regarding black friday sale but they wouldnt tell me lol

22 across seems like a standard length and from all the youtube videos i watch seems normal
That doesn't mean it works well because it's adequate ...If you go to a wider handlebar the control difference is unbelievable try riding no hands with the stock handlebar you'll crash.. It's jittery to say the least even with one hand on it it's jittery but the wider bar the control is so much better far more comfortable and safer it doesn't affect folding it either..and I'm not advocating riding with no hands just saying as an example... Your choice..$7 on AliExpress

That doesn't mean it works well because it's adequate ...If you go to a wider handlebar the control difference is unbelievable try riding no hands with the stock handlebar you'll crash.. It's jittery to say the least even with one hand on it it's jittery but the wider bar the control is so much better far more comfortable and safer it doesn't affect folding it either..and I'm not advocating riding with no hands just saying as an example... Your choice..$7 on AliExpress
is it really jittery? all the video reviews i have seen never mentioned about handle length or its jitteryness

It is jittery, Darceman likes to ride faster than almost anyone I've seen in the videos and many of his rides are after dark so smooth control becomes a big deal. The narrower bar makes the turning inputs much faster and I have a hard time keeping it straight with one hand but no real problems with no hands. On my big mountain bike the bar is 28" wide and it's much smoother to ride. Some of the videos have shown problems with the narrow bars and stability, the last video I put up that claimed there was a black friday sale coming showed how they were having some trouble with one handed stability. Because of all the hills in my area (I swear it's uphill both ways!) I often go over 50kms (30mph) down these hills and I don't ever want to take one hand off the bars.

It is jittery, Darceman likes to ride faster than almost anyone I've seen in the videos and many of his rides are after dark so smooth control becomes a big deal. The narrower bar makes the turning inputs much faster and I have a hard time keeping it straight with one hand but no real problems with no hands. On my big mountain bike the bar is 28" wide and it's much smoother to ride. Some of the videos have shown problems with the narrow bars and stability, the last video I put up that claimed there was a black friday sale coming showed how they were having some trouble with one handed stability. Because of all the hills in my area (I swear it's uphill both ways!) I often go over 50kms (30mph) down these hills and I don't ever want to take one hand off the bars.
Except it's not $800, it's $899, same price it was before the latest price increase.
That's reason to be excited.. It's a great deal..

wait so that video review stating it will be $800 is wrong? NY tax is really high here, tax alone will be almost another $100
The Black Friday price is $879. No NY State tax was charged when I bought mine, and the shipping was free. I also just bought an extra battery at the $279 price; again, no NY State sales tax added, free shipping.

Back