New build

Dynz

Region
United Kingdom
Rather than adding to other people's threads I thought I'd post here as I'll undoubtedly have questions and can share my experience this way. People on here seem to be helpful, accommodating and knowledgeable so why not. I'm based in London and have ordered a 2021 Trek Marlin 5:

marlin5_21_33136_c_portrait.jpg

I also went ahead and ordered this BBSHD kit. Looking to do a bit of cruising about, and ride the thing to work when everything ultimately opens back up.
I guess when payday comes I'll pick up some tools, spacers and the like as well as I cannot bring myself to spend any more £££ this month :eek:.

Rather than adding to other people's threads I thought I'd post here as I'll undoubtedly have questions and can share my experience this way. People on here seem to be helpful, accommodating and knowledgeable so why not. I'm based in London and have ordered a 2021 Trek Marlin 5:

View attachment 84932

I also went ahead and ordered this BBSHD kit. Looking to do a bit of cruising about, and ride the thing to work when everything ultimately opens back up.
I guess when payday comes I'll pick up some tools, spacers and the like as well as I cannot bring myself to spend any more £££ this month :eek:.
Sounds like a nice project.
I highly recommend that one of the tools that you get is the programming cable... Relatively inexpensive and well worth it.
Good luck and post pics of the new ride.

I have now got word back from the retailer saying there was a stock order issue and they've refunded me 😡.
Any advice on a hardtail mtb with similar specs within the same price range? They seem to be out of stock everywhere. I'm so annoyed.

Sorry but f*ck Amazon. You have good dealers in the UK. Save a penny pay a pound.

Sorry but f*ck Amazon. You have good dealers in the UK. Save a penny pay a pound.
Unfortunately I'm not in a position to spend more than i need to at the moment, but thanks for the advice.

Understandable. I wish you luck in having an issue free kit. I’m quite sincere. I like the BBSHD and your choice of bikes. You are getting my frustration with buyers dealing with little known Chinese resellers. When having a breakdown the buyers want support from the first shop that answers their call for help. Or buy elsewhere and want an hour of support for a $20 part purchase.

Understandable. I wish you luck in having an issue free kit. I’m quite sincere. I like the BBSHD and your choice of bikes. You are getting my frustration with buyers dealing with little known Chinese resellers. When having a breakdown the buyers want support from the first shop that answers their call for help. Or buy elsewhere and want an hour of support for a $20 part purchase.
I see. Well, fingers crossed. I did read the seller's reviews prior to buying but we're just gonna have to see. To be continued.

So today I received my kit! The bike won't get here until tomorrow so I charged the battery until the light on the charger turned green and connected thumb throttle, display and motor to the battery just to test it out. All seems fine when pushing the throttle, except for when I set it to the highest PAS (5) and open throttle all the way, the motor suddenly stops and won't rotate unless i turn the battery on and off (even when changing to a lower Pas setting) . When I turn it back on, it works again and when I open the throttle all the way on setting 5 again, the same thing happens.
Is this some kind of safety feature or something I'd have to reprogram? I should mention that the display stays on when the motor stops rotating.

Odd... I did bench test mine before installation as well but I don't remember if I went through all of the PAS settings.
I know that the eggrider can be glitchy... Did you factory reset it as the instructions dictate?

Odd... I did bench test mine before installation as well but I don't remember if I went through all of the PAS settings.
I know that the eggrider can be glitchy... Did you factory reset it as the instructions dictate?
I haven't - there were no instructions in the display box.

I haven't - there were no instructions in the display box.
Attached is the manual for the SW102 display. When I bought mine, there was a card in the box with a QR code linking to the manual. The EggRider edition is the SW102 with custom firmware and does a lot more stuff.

Attachments

• SW102_display_maunal.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 255
I'm thinking I'll pick up that USB programming cable as the SW102 seems to be fairly limited.

Was pleasantly surprised to discover the kit came with a crank puller tool and the Bafang wrench, despite already having had ordered those lol. Guess I'll sell the duplicates online.

Your PAS 5 cutout is not a battery reset. Otherwise, the display would shut off too. And you're not drawing any current with no load.

I wonder if it's an rpm limiter. Or maybe it's the lack of a speed sensor. Mine is the BBS02 and I recall that if the speed sensor gets knocked out of alignment, I get an error signal after about 10 seconds of riding, but I don't recall if that stops the motor or if I can go on again.

Earlier I got it to cut out in other PAS settings too so it may very well be that!

Back