New Bosch SX range from Moustache

Rás Cnoic

I've always liked the looks of the French brand Moustache, they sort of do their own thing & in a very French stylish way! But being based on the Bosch system they were always full fat and fairly heavy for my interest. This new trange based around the Bosch lightweight SX motor looks very interesting. Paticularily like the drop bar commuter EQ bike the Dimanche Gravel 29.4. No weights listed here, further investigation needed!

The Dimanche Gravel 29.4 review:

The whole range of SX gravel bikes flat bar and drops:

That's personal preference and is climate dependent. I have them on all year, on or off road. It's nice this last week or so, finally sandals weather has arrived, roads mostly dry but I leave them on anyway. Still giant puddles as the water table is so full from 8 months of rain. Easier just to leave them on.

IMG_6569 (1).jpg

That's personal preference and is climate dependent. I have them on all year, on or off road.
Do you ride in any forest? A mudguard as deep as found on the Moustache will pick any small twig and block the front wheel, which inevitably leads to a serious crash.

1716203759702.png

A nice spill of that kind!

I'm on Dartmoor. I ride in forests, moorland trails, muddy bridleways - a lot. But I'm not mountain biking blasting down single track and I rarely pick up debris. Advantage of the speedrockers is they are flexible. I've never in my life gone over the bars due to debris catching in the front mudguard. If anything it's dead leaves, mulch and small twigs in the rear mudguard catching at the chain stays and sometimes at the seat stays.

Here's an old pic of the morning after an evening ride exploring some very muddy bridleways in creeping darkness. Picked up a slow puncture I only noticed the following day. It was a blast in the mud! BUT that kind of all out MTB style rampaging is rare. I'm usually more sensible!

IMG_0605.jpg

IMG_2568.jpg

IMG_2695.jpg
IMG_2701.jpg

Advantage of the speedrockers is they are flexible.
I do absolutely agree! I use them myself!

I mean the mudguards on the Moustache are not Speedrockers, and these look like a recipe for a disaster. This is a gravel e-bike to be ridden in rough terrain!

Got you. From the description in the Urbanbike review they were talking about commuting. Which is Urbanbike's main concern. The Moustache website has pictures of this model with guards on & off. Anyway these seem nice, useful looking bikes. I give it ticks of approval for wide tyres, drop bars, suspension stem (or is it a future shock type headset affair?) and dropper post. All would be handy here for me & are on my lists of things my next bike should have. I've toyed with getting a dropper and even drop bars, watching closely people on here who've been successful converting. But its all a faff, expensive to do, and it might just be simpler to wait until funds and opportunity are there for a shiny new steed with proper geometry for drops.

Back