New activities taken up during COVID-19

Speaking of a reminder that I don't want ... that patio project ... from 7 months ago is finally getting it's last delivery of pavers next week . It is not half done yet because of tedious leveling and tamping needed once paving is completed.
20200922_132205.jpg

The first phase of that project came out nice enough. The white bush in the center in front of the van is a cutting off the clemitus vine in this photo. Should grow to same size in a few years.
20200908_094518.jpg
20200910_110627-1.jpg

Last edited:
Well you didn't wreck it. One of the best pieces of that type I've seen. But mostly I see bears or comedy lumberjacks.

Anyway, nice. Does it have a title?

I am an old school shovel guy. Luckily I have fairly sandy soil. It should be wrapped up by the end of the weekend

Last edited:
About 200 sqft (a 10 x 12 plus walkway). I am hiring help to lay it ... much heavier than working with deck boards, but once does it. I am old enough to not want to do that deck again and again.
I'm going to revive this thread where a mentioned tearing out an old deck and starting a patio project. That was about a half a year ago. It grew at a N+1 rate, and is now about 80 percent complete and about 22 foot by 16, connects to a new driveway with a crushed stone ramp. The edge is planted with four trees so far, and it has electricity. It will probably always be 80 percent complete and still growing...
20210304_141556.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to revive this thread where a mentioned tearing out an old deck and starting a patio project. That was about a half a year ago. It grew at a N+1 rate, and is now about 80 percent complete and about 22 foot by 16, connects to a new driveway with a crushed stone ramp. The edge is planted with four trees so far, and it has electricity. It will probably always be 80 percent complete and still growing...View attachment 80585
Some fun, huh? Geez, I´ve dun enuff of that nonsense. I was the stone schlepper for Aspen¨s premiere
landscaper, Henry Petersen. He said he was Danish, but I suspected he was a war criminal. Probably
not the only one hiding out in Aspen either. If my work wasn´t up to his aesthetic, he´d make me tear it up.
& start over. Lucky you´re not working for Henry.😉

I thought someone else would be working for me. Nope. No one available due to Covid, backlogs, shortages, etc. Did it all myself so far....might even finish it myself ... eventually.

I thought someone else would be working for me. Nope. No one available due to Covid, backlogs, shortages, etc. Did it all myself so far....might even finish it myself ... eventually.
What´s the soil like under the crushed rock?

The area under the pavers was already packed pretty flat from the deck I removed. The ramp was all fresh dirt I had trucked in to make the driveway. About 20 tons of dirt, 4 tons of crushed stone, and 2 tons of pavers. So far.

Back