New activities taken up during COVID-19

My new activity is sleeping in, mind you it's not just the pandemic. I retired in 2014 but did some selective consulting work until about a year ago. All those years of 6am starts. But now I only get up early for an early tee time. Oh yes, I'm riding my bike(s) more often of course.
I am still a working stiff. Monday through Friday grind, but I do like my job and find it rewarding so life isn’t to bad. I do see some sort of retirement in the future, but semi retirement seems like a better plan since I like what I do. However I am jealous about the free time you guys have for rides

The patio project I started 5 months ago, figuring it might take a few weeks ... the evil wysteria must go ...
20200721_173833.jpg

Oh yeah, try finding my porch without a native guide! I need a machete to cross the living room. The wife thinks she´s mother nature.

Attachments

• P1010523.JPG
    P1010523.JPG
    428.3 KB · Views: 301
  • P1010522.JPG
    P1010522.JPG
    423.1 KB · Views: 307
  • P1010516.JPG
    P1010516.JPG
    433.9 KB · Views: 309
Oh yeah, try finding my porch without a native guide! I need a machete to cross the living room. The wife thinks she´s mother nature.
John, I believe wives are mother nature incarnate somtimes.

John, I believe wives are mother nature incarnate somtimes.
I can no longer even walk around the house without a dozen twists & turns while carefully avoiding
getting poked in the eye or snagged by thorns. A sapling that wasn´t knee high when we moved in is
now 80 feet tall. My place is literally being swallowed up by the forest. The was a derelict house not
30 yds. away that I did not know existed until after I´d been here for 20 yrs. I only spotted it one day
looking on Google maps.

Well 2 boys are now off to there respective colleges. Only one left at home. What do I do now besides work 50+ hours per week to pay for there education
Does that mean that two of your three sons are going to campus this fall? Or does that mean you are home alone ? NOMB.

Outdoor practice and gigging...

Table setup for sign in/tracking...

Physical distancing respected by all...

Only invited 25 people so as not to overcrowd the parking lot. One couple drove 4 hours to be there! :eek:

Does that mean that two of your three sons are going to campus this fall? Or does that mean you are home alone ? NOMB.
Two are on campus. We are in an area of New York with a less than 1% infection rate. The colleges are not taking it lightly. You must have a negative test to return to campus, students can’t be in other kids rooms, only gatherings are outside and less than 10 people. Class are a hybrid of online and in class. However I would not be shocked if they are back home by mid September. My youngest is going to be a high school freshman and will be doing a hybrid format of 2 days in person and 3 days online

Two are on campus. We are in an area of New York with a less than 1% infection rate. The colleges are not taking it lightly. You must have a negative test to return to campus, students can’t be in other kids rooms, only gatherings are outside and less than 10 people. Class are a hybrid of online and in class. However I would not be shocked if they are back home by mid September. My youngest is going to be a high school freshman and will be doing a hybrid format of 2 days in person and 3 days online
Much the same here ... my daughters are grown, my wife is a professor in her last year before retiring. But she's been 1 year from retirement for the last three years, I think.

I also fixed a plumbing leak (used solder and Sharkbite fittings) and repair our garage door when the top panel collapsed.

Attachments

• 80B3A205-EE6C-4A42-88BE-D3A744D20A20.jpeg
    80B3A205-EE6C-4A42-88BE-D3A744D20A20.jpeg
    302.7 KB · Views: 291
  • 8C6D0ECD-3930-4C3D-ACBE-6F0DF49BDBA1.jpeg
    8C6D0ECD-3930-4C3D-ACBE-6F0DF49BDBA1.jpeg
    368 KB · Views: 290
@Buckdubay and @Browneye you will notice that although phase one "the little ramp" is done, not a single d@mn patio stone is in it's final resting place yet. This" 10 by 12 " patio is like a 3 hr cruise to Gilligan's Island...

20200910_110637.jpg
20200910_110704.jpg

Last edited:
Back