Need opinion and advice (Newgen Bike)

I honestly don't know mate. As I've said I love the bike, looks amazing, build quality seems excellent, whole thing feels sturdy, love the suspension which is a £300 upgrade on the Super73 ZX. The additional cost of the S73 is around £250 then suspension £300 so that's £550 to have the same quality bike. If I could 100% get the speed increase for a similar price I'd stick with NewGen. Will have to ask around I guess.
Yes, I understand what you mean & feel, probably have to keep asking as you say. Do keep me updated on any info you get, please.

I'm sure you guy's have seen this. But this is a 250 watt Synchgo super monkey fitted with a throttle and as you can see the it cruises way above the restricted 15.5 mph. Ive got a Carrera e bike and that cuts out at about 16.5 mph in highest speed mode and i find it will only go to about 17 - 18 mph

First puncture today, went from full to flat in a matter of seconds, bit of a bummer but at least I'd already made it to the office. Will fix it over lunch and then I'm going to fill them with sealant.

On another note, I've been in contact with an ebike mod shop in Manchester, he's said if we replace the current controller with this: https://www.google.com/url?q=https:...111000&usg=AFQjCNE9kHbT__I9f2JVzseftpRvOu0R0w
We will also have to replace the display with this: https://www.moddsebikes.co.uk/product/lcd-colour-display-kt-lcd8h/

But even with the existing battery the bike will have more power, if we were to upgrade to NewGens 48v 14ah that they use in their 750w version then we will have all the extra power and speed taking us to around a comfortable 26mph+

I'm yet to speak with Newgen but last I checked the battery individually is around £300-400, maybe they'll accept the 36v battery as a part exchange 😅 wishful thinking maybe.

First puncture today, went from full to flat in a matter of seconds, bit of a bummer but at least I'd already made it to the office. Will fix it over lunch and then I'm going to fill them with sealant.

On another note, I've been in contact with an ebike mod shop in Manchester, he's said if we replace the current controller with this: https://www.google.com/url?q=https:...111000&usg=AFQjCNE9kHbT__I9f2JVzseftpRvOu0R0w
We will also have to replace the display with this: https://www.moddsebikes.co.uk/product/lcd-colour-display-kt-lcd8h/

But even with the existing battery the bike will have more power, if we were to upgrade to NewGens 48v 14ah that they use in their 750w version then we will have all the extra power and speed taking us to around a comfortable 26mph+

I'm yet to speak with Newgen but last I checked the battery individually is around £300-400, maybe they'll accept the 36v battery as a part exchange 😅 wishful thinking maybe.
Good news.. I know it’s not your priority, but does that give you greater range too?

Hello All.
Been following this forum for a while sharing frustrations on delays for final delivery. Hoping to get it soon!
For those with the 250w, how do you find throttle acceleration from the start point, powerful enough to feel the push or too slow?
Also, is it heavy in weight or easy to lift for a couple of stairs? (will need from my storage).
Thanks in advance ;)

Hello All.
Been following this forum for a while sharing frustrations on delays for final delivery. Hoping to get it soon!
For those with the 250w, how do you find throttle acceleration from the start point, powerful enough to feel the push or too slow?
Also, is it heavy in weight or easy to lift for a couple of stairs? (will need from my storage).
Thanks in advance ;)
I find it fine/good for throttle acceleration, having ridden the 750w too, it’s likely you’ll always want more though… not sure about the stairs for you though mate, it’s 31kg I think.. so it’s solid.

I find it fine/good for throttle acceleration, having ridden the 750w too, it’s likely you’ll always want more though… not sure about the stairs for you though mate, it’s 31kg I think.. so it’s solid.
Good feedback.
I am sure we always want hehe. I was conscious of going with the 750w and risking it being fined. Living in London, I guess it could happen. If acceleration is good, should be fine.
Weight seems to be the same as Super73 ZX then so, nothing I would gain to move to the Super 73.
Thanks for the info Littleze.

Good feedback.
I am sure we always want hehe. I was conscious of going with the 750w and risking it being fined. Living in London, I guess it could happen. If acceleration is good, should be fine.
Weight seems to be the same as Super73 ZX then so, nothing I would gain to move to the Super 73.
Thanks for the info Littleze.
Super73 appears to be more open to customisation, pegs, decals.. but I think this bike is probably a superior build, plus that shelf. The 750 is great, it’s just the getting caught, accident and non legal scenario that spooked us (though I still may tweak it). I’ve currently added a bell, upgraded the pedals, wing lights indicators, mirror, some Cateye rear lights.. looking to replace the front light too. Some great accounts on YT for Super73’s rides, upgrades and ideas..these are who I subscribe to. Urban Grizzly, Dillon Thomson, Peter Palmer, The Frickin Shredder, SESSIONS73.

Insta :- laesk8 ( A MUST FOLLOW account )
Super Hooligans
Custom_ebike_shop
MalleLondon (hope to go next year).
and the hashtag #motobeachclassic

Super73 appears to be more open to customisation, pegs, decals.. but I think this bike is probably a superior build, plus that shelf. The 750 is great, it’s just the getting caught, accident and non legal scenario that spooked us (though I still may tweak it). I’ve currently added a bell, upgraded the pedals, wing lights indicators, mirror, some Cateye rear lights.. looking to replace the front light too. Some great accounts on YT for Super73’s rides, upgrades and ideas..these are who I subscribe to. Urban Grizzly, Dillon Thomson, Peter Palmer, The Frickin Shredder, SESSIONS73.

Insta :- laesk8 ( A MUST FOLLOW account )
Super Hooligans
Custom_ebike_shop
MalleLondon (hope to go next year).
and the hashtag #motobeachclassic
Thank you!

Hi mate, the girlfriends bike is good, still have handlebar movement at times, but other than that all good.. adding stuff to the bike & a few upgrades potentially in the offing. My Chrome bike, I was told yesterday will be with me next Thursday..
How's the bike Littleze? Have you received the other one yet

Hi mate, the girlfriends bike is good, still have handlebar movement at times, but other than that all good.. adding stuff to the bike & a few upgrades potentially in the offing. My Chrome bike, I was told yesterday will be with me next Thursday..
How are you getting on? Made any mods?
I don’t really know what I’m doing on that front, I’d like to change the front light to a Kanebilt light. Thinking about a bigger chain ring too, but I’ll probably run that by an indie bike shop first & take their advice.

How are you getting on? Made any mods?
I don’t really know what I’m doing on that front, I’d like to change the front light to a Kanebilt light. Thinking about a bigger chain ring too, but I’ll probably run that by an indie bike shop first & take their advice.
How's the bike Littleze? Have you received the other one yet?
I’ll post a photo soon..

Did you receive your bike and have you got any photos yet of the upgrades you have made. And did you fix the handlebar problems.
If it's any help, I have been commuting daily on my bike for over 4 weeks now. Had 1 puncture in the rear wheel which I patched up and have now got Stans tire sealant in which is working perfectly. Handlebars are solid, brakes are fantastic, happy with my purchase for sure!

So.. the *chrome* (Silver) bike arrived late last week, delivered by Marie. So we have a black & chrome in our household. Some photos to show some additions.
Did you receive your bike and have you got any photos yet of the upgrades you have made. And did you fix the handlebar problems.
photos should be up of the additions, handlebar issues sorted, that was probably my fault, though I had chain & gear issues on the 2nd bike, took it to someone locally and it runs like a dream now. I put upgraded pedals on, & replaced the crank as had issues on 1 bike there too.

So.. the *chrome* (Silver) bike arrived late last week, delivered by Marie. So we have a black & chrome in our household. Some photos to show some additions.

photos should be up of the additions, handlebar issues sorted, that was probably my fault, though I had chain & gear issues on the 2nd bike, took it to someone locally and it runs like a dream now. I put upgraded pedals on, & replaced the crank as had issues on 1 bike there too.
Here, I thought I had these up..

Attachments

• 8BFB2452-66DB-48B7-A8E0-2816EA0A502D.jpeg
    8BFB2452-66DB-48B7-A8E0-2816EA0A502D.jpeg
    371.2 KB · Views: 309
  • EB5EBBC0-BDFD-47F3-BA14-AA3681229AC2.jpeg
    EB5EBBC0-BDFD-47F3-BA14-AA3681229AC2.jpeg
    439.1 KB · Views: 315
  • 12379DA9-A1B9-4676-BC46-F6DF3F7C50CD.jpeg
    12379DA9-A1B9-4676-BC46-F6DF3F7C50CD.jpeg
    654.7 KB · Views: 312
  • 560C5FAE-B9A4-4F0C-9C31-6262D5225827.jpeg
    560C5FAE-B9A4-4F0C-9C31-6262D5225827.jpeg
    375 KB · Views: 304
  • 305D91DB-B6CC-464F-B173-AA3E69743082.jpeg
    305D91DB-B6CC-464F-B173-AA3E69743082.jpeg
    388.3 KB · Views: 285
  • F9BA3BEF-D019-4DA8-BD88-EE7CF3F06D79.jpeg
    F9BA3BEF-D019-4DA8-BD88-EE7CF3F06D79.jpeg
    639.4 KB · Views: 308
  • 87669ED7-95FA-49AA-823D-F22993995981.jpeg
    87669ED7-95FA-49AA-823D-F22993995981.jpeg
    734.8 KB · Views: 311
Update on the bike.. still awaiting fenders from NewGen.. but added a 7’’ light with 3 settings.. all very bright & it’s much more suited to the bike, it’s a mod light for the Super73 wasn’t cheap but money well spent imo.

Also added a horn.. very loud, great price, sturdy & rechargeable.

Attachments

• DD82F991-E1C4-489B-980A-FCBF14B8374E.jpeg
    DD82F991-E1C4-489B-980A-FCBF14B8374E.jpeg
    693.4 KB · Views: 237
Back