Need opinion and advice (Newgen Bike)

Some more pics, managed to get out today for an hour or so. Bike looks amazing.. Great fun to ride, everything works as expected except for the throttle. The bike is restricted to 15.6mph, the motor cuts out when it hits that speed.. the throttle is supposed to prevent the motor cutting out and allow the bike to reach max speed but even with the throttle the motor is still cutting out at 15.6mph. I’ve called NewGen and they’ve said that they will get back to me Monday with the solution.
The display has an ‘extras’ menu that requires a password to access. I asked Maria at NewGen and she said that’s for them to restrict the bike and they legally can’t give the code out but I’ll figure something out online and maybe try resetting it to de-restrict it.
I thought 15.5 was max speed unless you have the 750w ( have I read that right ?) I thought you could tweak a bit to get a slight increase in speed… without the need for codes.

I thought 15.5 was max speed unless you have the 750w ( have I read that right ?) I thought you could tweak a bit to get a slight increase in speed… without the need for codes.
Now
When did you call/email her?

I emailed NewGen, Friday afternoon… NOTHING, aga
That’s the legal speed aye, but they have said on multiple occasions that the throttle de-restricts the speed to reach around 22mph. They’ve said that on a few Facebook posts and to me in person but I’m having no luck with it at the min.

Now

That’s the legal speed aye, but they have said on multiple occasions that the throttle de-restricts the speed to reach around 22mph. They’ve said that on a few Facebook posts and to me in person but I’m having no luck with it at the min.
Ahhh ok, yes, that’s how i understood it broadly, do feel 15.5 isn’t quick enough?

Ahhh ok, yes, that’s how i understood it broadly, do feel 15.5 isn’t quick enough?
Not at all, feels fine.. very enjoyable. Just knowing it has more in it is a touch frustrating. They confirmed on the phone it can reach the higher speeds and they must have programmed a setting wrong on the controller.

Not at all, feels fine.. very enjoyable. Just knowing it has more in it is a touch frustrating. They confirmed on the phone it can reach the higher speeds and they must have programmed a setting wrong on the controller.
Right, fair enough.. hope they sort it for you soon.

Just for fun, this is what one of my electric bikes looks like. Speed is set at 45Km at 100cm circumference wheels. So programed speed is about 2.2 times faster than 45 because these wheels are that much larger than 32cm diameter, 100 circumference. A battery drops into the water bottle cage. The motor is between the pedals. The throttle is in your foot like a car. Torque sensor. Push down to go.

Attachments

• MarinWireless1.JPG
    MarinWireless1.JPG
    353.7 KB · Views: 127
  • MercianCycles03.JPG
    MercianCycles03.JPG
    410.4 KB · Views: 135
Can you get mirrors in the end of the bars though, does the bike allow this? I’ve bought a mirror that sits on the actual handlebar. Thanks.
Not sure mate, here’s a pic.

Attachments

• ACAB9635-3F12-4CFD-9010-3D0505016644.jpeg
    ACAB9635-3F12-4CFD-9010-3D0505016644.jpeg
    160.3 KB · Views: 154
Hmm, ok.. thanks for that. All things good with yours? Waiting for fenders from NewGen or go with their suggested alternative?
Aye, all good here! Been commuting to work every day on it, had dreadful rain the other day and the lack of fenders causes the tires to spray everything directly onto the battery and its housing but despite the mess it didn't seem to have any negative effects so that's good. I'm going to hold out for the NewGen ones, didn't like the ones they recommended to be honest.

Aye, all good here! Been commuting to work every day on it, had dreadful rain the other day and the lack of fenders causes the tires to spray everything directly onto the battery and its housing but despite the mess it didn't seem to have any negative effects so that's good. I'm going to hold out for the NewGen ones, didn't like the ones they recommended to be honest.
Tricky, good that it’s holding up in those conditions, but not ideal, same, wasn’t keen either..the rear looked to me as though it wouldn’t attach, but hey.

I’ve got pretty much everything except the bloody bike!! 🙄 have a large Kryptonite lock for 2, awaiting delivery for 2 D/U locks from Abus.

a little bell, gloves, a mirror each.. I don’t suppose there are holes for foot rests/pegs?

So, the bike arrived today (DHL issues delayed it by a day) lovely bike as we know… but I’m having issues.. I seem to be cursed, I can change gears down, but not up, chain is now off, early attempts to keep it on have failed, throttle also seems to be under performing.
Sorry to hear that mate. I literally have not touched the gears since buying it, came set on 8th and I’ve left it there. What do you mean when you say the throttle is under performing? Is it getting you up to the max speed?

Sorry to hear that mate. I literally have not touched the gears since buying it, came set on 8th and I’ve left it there. What do you mean when you say the throttle is under performing? Is it getting you up to the max speed?

It came in 8th gear, I changed through them down to 1, then it wouldn’t change up. There appears to be a rogue link, looking down and from the side. Also.. unsure if you can see it, or if it is right, or a fault.. if you look down the length of the chain it doesn’t run straight.. it’s slightly curved.. as for throttle, it was fine, it got me up to 15.5 but no more.. but now it’s about 7 max, a bit more downhill.

Attachments

• F4DB47CD-C06B-498F-ABD8-EAE41FB18E86.jpeg
    F4DB47CD-C06B-498F-ABD8-EAE41FB18E86.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 138
  • 4FF40DDE-740E-47B7-80CD-E43C8777A44B.jpeg
    4FF40DDE-740E-47B7-80CD-E43C8777A44B.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 148
  • 1255E753-7C50-455B-8749-342A4BFDAC34.jpeg
    1255E753-7C50-455B-8749-342A4BFDAC34.jpeg
    295.9 KB · Views: 155
It came in 8th gear, I changed through them down to 1, then it wouldn’t change up. There appears to be a rogue link, looking down and from the side. Also.. unsure if you can see it, or if it is right, or a fault.. if you look down the length of the chain it doesn’t run straight.. it’s slightly curved.. as for throttle, it was fine, it got me up to 15.5 but no more.. but now it’s about 7 max, a bit more downhill.
Yeah I can see that.. grim! Can you pinch that back with some pliers or something? Not ideal though, regarding the throttle, guessing you’re already on pedal assist 5 but on the display there is a ‘more’ section with the passcode 1919 and speed it set to 25kph max you can put that to 99kph which will stop the motor cutting off at 15.5mph. I’ve managed to get mine to just over 22mph.

Attachments

• 56FE4AE0-748E-4F0E-B22C-1221A5E96376.jpeg
    56FE4AE0-748E-4F0E-B22C-1221A5E96376.jpeg
    177.6 KB · Views: 163
  • 66B98B6F-4F58-4393-8659-E85D52E4F0FA.jpeg
    66B98B6F-4F58-4393-8659-E85D52E4F0FA.jpeg
    238.9 KB · Views: 175
  • FA986A72-8EAA-4B06-B49A-8B61BE8CAE37.jpeg
    FA986A72-8EAA-4B06-B49A-8B61BE8CAE37.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 171
Back