Need opinion and advice (Newgen Bike)

I notice yours has a blue compression switch on front fork. Mines red on the lite. Could anyone explain it and the preload on the other side?
Can you adjust the compression on your red switch? On the blue I can allowing for less or more travel for the front wheel

With mine it is very obvious if you set for low / high travel. The red switch may be decorative... the Chinese factor maybe? NewGen website says the std is adjustable, but not the same for the lite.

both are fully sold out now btw...

skym00th.. i didn’t say, but yes your comments about being an alien are completely relatable. It’s a complete head turner of a machine

have either of you tried playing about with wheel size and max speed settings yet?

With mine it is very obvious if you set for low / high travel. The red switch may be decorative... the Chinese factor maybe? NewGen website says the std is adjustable, but not the same for the lite.

both are fully sold out now btw...

skym00th.. i didn’t say, but yes your comments about being an alien are completely relatable. It’s a complete head turner of a machine

have either of you tried playing about with wheel size and max speed settings yet?
Nope not yet, I am waiting for the answer from Newgen about that bended brake disk before doing anything with it.... can you reallly change the max speed?

Not sure, it’s why I asked. In principle reducing the wheel size makes the bike think it’s going more slowly (wheel spinning faster to travel the same distance) but I’m not sure if the master speed is on the display or the controller.

the app on my phone suggests that reducing wheel size has given me another 3 or 4 mph

My sons had it at a fair old speed although the cadence cuts out at 15mph. I've found the Shimano Alto gears on mine very handy and responsive.
Here's something I was thinking:
Seems we've all got throttles, using them on road invalidates the warranty? 🤔

My sons had it at a fair old speed although the cadence cuts out at 15mph. I've found the Shimano Alto gears on mine very handy and responsive.
Here's something I was thinking:
Seems we've all got throttles, using them on road invalidates the warranty? 🤔
I think anyone would be hard pushed to demonstrate you’d been on public roads and I also think that if they are wanting to establish a brand they will be keen to resolve any issues their early adopters have

I think anyone would be hard pushed to demonstrate you’d been on public roads and I also think that if they are wanting to establish a brand they will be keen to resolve any issues their early adopters have

I registered my bike ok this morning. The serial number is engraved on the bottom bracket next to the left peddle arm

Yes sorry forgot to mention it. It's not on the sticker. It's on the bottom of the bracket next to the pedals. And it doesn't start by NGB like the website says (at least not for me)

Like a few of you guys I received my 345 on Thursday this week. Just wanted to add to the thread by saying since it’s first full charge up I have got 107 kilometres out of it at assistance level 1. I have of course experimented with other levels especially when doing the show and tell thing with friends. Personally I don‘t need to use any higher level than 1 for all my day to day stuff and I am very impressed with just how far I can go on a full charge.

lol, I got 50 on mine and I thought I was doing well! I mostly keep mine 5 and zoom around like a man possessed, using the gears to control speed. Have you recharged at all? I go out for about an hour or so, then get it charging on return for 1 or 2 hours until green again.

have you guys tried the walk assist mode yet? I did and if I could walk that fast i wouldn’t have the bike in the first place!

lol, I got 50 on mine and I thought I was doing well! I mostly keep mine 5 and zoom around like a man possessed, using the gears to control speed. Have you recharged at all? I go out for about an hour or so, then get it charging on return for 1 or 2 hours until green again.

have you guys tried the walk assist mode yet? I did and if I could walk that fast i wouldn’t have the bike in the first place!
Hi OldBoy, no I haven’t recharged at all until today. I wanted to run it down to nothing so I have some idea of range. One thing though, my battery level indicator showed full even when I had completely depleted the battery. Hmm? Don’t know why might get in touch with Newgen about it. Still I’m very happy with the performance :)

Ah, ok. I’ll keep my eyes open for them on there.

On a similar theme, do you guys have quite a large opening on the top of the battery space at the front of your seat? It’s where all the cabling goes in. I’m thinking it may need siliconing to prevent water ingress in light rain..

Lucky me I live in London. Someone from Newgen came today to change my bended brake disk and it all good now. Quick response from them which is great. The guy had a 18 month old version of the bike with him which looked great still. So I hope that says something about the quality of the bike 😉

Back