Need opinion and advice (Newgen Bike)

Cheers Elgorgo, I’ll take a look for the manual. RE warranty, unfortunately it wouldn’t surprise me...

Cheers Elgorgo, I’ll take a look for the manual. RE warranty, unfortunately it wouldn’t surprise me...

This will be an issue I think. Although I'm sure it can be ironed out. For the life of me I can't understand why the ebike companies can't just be completey 100 % behind their product. I'm 50/50 on tomorrows delivery but I'm erring on good faith and fingers crossed. I'm just glad I didn't blow big (bigger) bucks on say, the super73 Rx.

This will be an issue I think. Although I'm sure it can be ironed out. For the life of me I can't understand why the ebike companies can't just be completey 100 % behind their product. I'm 50/50 on tomorrows delivery but I'm erring on good faith and fingers crossed. I'm just glad I didn't blow big (bigger) bucks on say, the super73 Rx.

It's probably in there to avoid liability issues in case anyone uses the throttle on-road. I presume modifications also covers changing the speed limit aye?

Most definitely. But if the throttle is used on private land, surely that shouldn't invalidate the warranty? Why offer a throttle in the first place?

Most definitely. But if the throttle is used on private land, surely that shouldn't invalidate the warranty? Why offer a throttle in the first place?

i think it’s probably more that it’s an aftermarket addition that means someone else has been tweaking the electrickeries which invalidated warranty status.

on another note, did it arrive ok today?

i think it’s probably more that it’s an aftermarket addition that means someone else has been tweaking the electrickeries which invalidated warranty status.

on another note, did it arrive ok today?

Hi. Dunno where my last post went?! I'll try again. Bike arrived 4pm. Two man job to unload it. Started setting bike up on my own about 4.45. Just finished pu pedals on now! Strongly advise 2 people setting the bike up, it is VERY well packed! The bikes a monster! Took me ages to fit front wheel on my own. Battery was 4/5ths full so just juicing it up now. There's an extra light on the battery which is pretty neat. Bikes a hell of a lot bigger than I thought and very sturdy. It is truly like a motorcycle and comfortable. Wish I'd been in Friday because today's been lovely and the stormy weathers coming in through night and set to last a good few days.

Ignore the mess I'm meant to be renovating!!

Attachments

• IMG_20200824_181326.jpg
    IMG_20200824_181326.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 542
Hi. Dunno where my last post went?! I'll try again. Bike arrived 4pm. Two man job to unload it. Started setting bike up on my own about 4.45. Just finished pu pedals on now! Strongly advise 2 people setting the bike up, it is VERY well packed! The bikes a monster! Took me ages to fit front wheel on my own. Battery was 4/5ths full so just juicing it up now. There's an extra light on the battery which is pretty neat. Bikes a hell of a lot bigger than I thought and very sturdy. It is truly like a motorcycle and comfortable. Wish I'd been in Friday because today's been lovely and the stormy weathers coming in through night and set to last a good few days.
Man, wish I could like this post more than once!

Dumb question... is the back brake on the left or the right?

Man, wish I could like this post more than once!

Dumb question... is the back brake on the left or the right?

Not dumb at all. Took me a while to figure it. Back brake is on right. I'm totally new to ebikes. If this rides as well as it looks and feels its gonna be well worth it. U get a printed manual as well and spanners etc. I advise 2 things, 1) have somebody help you set it up with patience, be careful with your Stanley knives!!! And 2) get familiar with the online manual. The 345 is slightly different than my 345 lite and it appears the 345 has a different colour display panel. Either way you'll be impressed when u get one. The pics don't do it justice.

Not dumb at all. Took me a while to figure it. Back brake is on right. I'm totally new to ebikes. If this rides as well as it looks and feels its gonna be well worth it. U get a printed manual as well and spanners etc. I advise 2 things, 1) have somebody help you set it up with patience, be careful with your Stanley knives!!! And 2) get familiar with the online manual. The 345 is slightly different than my 345 lite and it appears the 345 has a different colour display panel. Either way you'll be impressed when u get one. The pics don't do it justice.

back brake should be interesting, I’m to it being on the left but... I can’t wait to get mine now... should be arriving in a couple of weeks. I think my son will be keen to help unbox / put it together

i couldn’t find the online manual, would you be able to put a link if at all possible please?

btw.. you made this bike sound freaking awesome. Thanks!

back brake should be interesting, I’m to it being on the left but... I can’t wait to get mine now... should be arriving in a couple of weeks. I think my son will be keen to help unbox / put it together

i couldn’t find the online manual, would you be able to put a link if at all possible please?

btw.. you made this bike sound freaking awesome. Thanks!

Yeah me too! Just go to the Newgen website. There's 3 diagonal lines top left. Click on that you'll see "knowledge centre". From there u can download your manual. I'm only hoping I can get the handlebars through the door tonight!!! It's bigger and heavier than expected!!! Woohooo!!!!

Well folks, here's the verdict. Me and my son took the 345 out. First turn of the pedal and I was off. Woooosh!! We've spent the past hour tooting on flat Country roads in the dark. Absolutely brilliant! The brake light under the seat, the pull of the assist, everything feels right!!! Hats off to Newgen. Brilliant fun.

Either that's a tiny chair or that's a good sized bike! I hope the 250W motor can handle going up hills alright.

Beautiful looking machine though, no doubt.

Hi. I've just had the bike out again to test this hill nearby. It isn't a monster but it's followed by a small incline that coupled together makes for hard work. The bike made short work of it!!!! When you (or rather I, being a non cyclist) take into account the excellent gears the bike has, coupled with the hub there appears to be no problem at all. So much so, I extended my ride (read FUN!) by 9 km and got caught in a downpour. As soaked as I was I just wanted to keep going forever. Lol.

Hi. I've just had the bike out again to test this hill nearby. It isn't a monster but it's followed by a small incline that coupled together makes for hard work. The bike made short work of it!!!! When you (or rather I, being a non cyclist) take into account the excellent gears the bike has, coupled with the hub there appears to be no problem at all. So much so, I extended my ride (read FUN!) by 9 km and got caught in a downpour. As soaked as I was I just wanted to keep going forever. Lol.
That’s going to be me when mine arrives in a couple of weeks... sounds like you’re really enjoying it! How’s the riding position / comfort? For a non cyclist to be adding 9km just like that I’m assuming it’s comfy ride... and how’s the battery doing?

That’s going to be me when mine arrives in a couple of weeks... sounds like you’re really enjoying it! How’s the riding position / comfort? For a non cyclist to be adding 9km just like that I’m assuming it’s comfy ride... and how’s the battery doing?

Riding position is excellent. You really do feel at home on the bike. There's no effort or crouching pressure. I'm just under 6ft and slim I've plenty of room. My sons 6ft 1 or something, a power lifter, and he handles it great, or rather the bike handles him! Batteries still 5 bars. Honestly, if it weren't for the rain I'd have just kept going! Plus, speaking as a non cyclist who constantly turns down offers of the gym, I think biking like this is just the dab for me. Just a pity there wasn't a good few months of summer left. And empty roads a la lock down!

Riding position is excellent. You really do feel at home on the bike. There's no effort or crouching pressure. I'm just under 6ft and slim I've plenty of room. My sons 6ft 1 or something, a power lifter, and he handles it great, or rather the bike handles him! Batteries still 5 bars. Honestly, if it weren't for the rain I'd have just kept going! Plus, speaking as a non cyclist who constantly turns down offers of the gym, I think biking like this is just the dab for me. Just a pity there wasn't a good few months of summer left. And empty roads a la lock down!
Awesome!

Back