Need opinion and advice (Newgen Bike)

Make sure you check that everything is tight. I lost a bolt on the inaugural journey - one of the Allen bolts on the front fork holding the brake on. I’m going to go find a replacement

otherwise... it’sa great ride, got up to 38kph on a downhill and PAS works a treat.. effortless cycling!
Mine will be delivered tomorrow. Have to be a little bit more patient. (I'm central london btw)

Replacement bolt sorted. It was an M5 x 20mm. £5 at screwfix.

i now have 19 spares too

just going to check everything else now to be on the safe side..

inaugural journey was 9km. Oops

Get your battery charging as soon as you can when it and enjoy man, it’sa loot bigger than you think it’s going to be, and actually much more comfortable too!

41CD924C-632B-4E61-9BFB-5977B5789565.jpeg
98D1BD3E-4B31-4C08-B1DE-4243B5E8D35F.jpeg
30B2D351-2309-4732-AB2F-BFF631994819.jpeg
520B3C48-8EE4-4126-9C3B-C7B4044B4BDE.jpeg
590C8947-2A3A-4D76-B905-763D946FD6FA.jpeg
0E127AAA-CE69-44D5-A09C-7ED8E830308F.jpeg
756021A5-89E6-4DBB-8FF8-22C1A56D9509.jpeg
2ACE78A9-A75A-4483-9883-DABAB2556097.jpeg

Well my 345 arrived today and I am more than thrilled. Took about an hour to construct and all went very smoothly. Charged the battery and took it out for the first time this evening. Fourteen kilometres of sheer joy and can’t wait to do tomorrow’s commute, which is kind of novel in my little world. Got myself the mother of all chain locks and was a bit concerned about just how heavy it is with regard to how the bike would cope with all that extra weight. Absolutely no issue there as it has way more grunt than I expected so that’s another plus. I am going to insure mine and I think I’ll go with “pedalsure” as they throw in a gold secure
d-lock if you pay annually. Thought that would be good as I can then chain the frame and front wheel and use the d-lock for the rear wheel. In time I am going to get busy and make a bunch of brass and copper key fobs (a hobby of mine) for all of us proud 345 owners. I spoke with Laurie today at Newgen and he liked the idea. I will post a photo soon as an example so we form our own 345 gang if you like.
Anyway here’s some pics of my brand new best friend. Oh and a pic of some Mercedes club key fobs I did for my brother so you can get an idea of what I’m talking about. I won’t charge anything for the key fobs btw just ask that you at least listen to and in a perfect world (if you like what you hear) maybe buy my bands
(Dirty Lions) new album “Last Time”. It’s available on all digital outlets. Oh well have fun and see you on the road :)

Attachments

• 60CE31BB-FDF9-4712-831F-F28E5114CCAF.jpeg
    60CE31BB-FDF9-4712-831F-F28E5114CCAF.jpeg
    548.8 KB · Views: 461
  • 128FA20A-DA1B-4DAB-82DE-BECAD648DE2D.jpeg
    128FA20A-DA1B-4DAB-82DE-BECAD648DE2D.jpeg
    610.3 KB · Views: 420
  • E7713CEA-552E-4FE4-B1D4-8106217261CF.jpeg
    E7713CEA-552E-4FE4-B1D4-8106217261CF.jpeg
    531.2 KB · Views: 440
  • CDCD9017-9A56-488E-99AA-8378526F23BA.jpeg
    CDCD9017-9A56-488E-99AA-8378526F23BA.jpeg
    491.2 KB · Views: 464
  • 1114EF4F-C85F-4DCC-996F-F2898DA5198C.jpeg
    1114EF4F-C85F-4DCC-996F-F2898DA5198C.jpeg
    633.1 KB · Views: 457
Wh

Which bolt came off Oldboy?
One of the pair at the bottom of the right fork - it faces towards the back of the bike. All four (both sides) has been jolted loose in the ride, but only one fell out. Replaced quickly / easily. The picture is from the left fork, I replaced both outers to keep it symmetrical
C2DD512D-002C-47B2-A122-AED2BABC1957.jpeg

Well my 345 arrived today and I am more than thrilled. Took about an hour to construct and all went very smoothly. Charged the battery and took it out for the first time this evening. Fourteen kilometres of sheer joy and can’t wait to do tomorrow’s commute, which is kind of novel in my little world. Got myself the mother of all chain locks and was a bit concerned about just how heavy it is with regard to how the bike would cope with all that extra weight. Absolutely no issue there as it has way more grunt than I expected so that’s another plus. I am going to insure mine and I think I’ll go with “pedalsure” as they throw in a gold secure
d-lock if you pay annually. Thought that would be good as I can then chain the frame and front wheel and use the d-lock for the rear wheel. In time I am going to get busy and make a bunch of brass and copper key fobs (a hobby of mine) for all of us proud 345 owners. I spoke with Laurie today at Newgen and he liked the idea. I will post a photo soon as an example so we form our own 345 gang if you like.
Anyway here’s some pics of my brand new best friend. Oh and a pic of some Mercedes club key fobs I did for my brother so you can get an idea of what I’m talking about. I won’t charge anything for the key fobs btw just ask that you at least listen to and in a perfect world (if you like what you hear) maybe buy my bands
(Dirty Lions) new album “Last Time”. It’s available on all digital outlets. Oh well have fun and see you on the road :)
Hi Mr Axe.. you can get a sold secure gold u lock on Amazon for £20. I got one as well as the Forgeddabouttit kryptonite chain. Seems to be the defacto for these bikes.

i also got an alarm (that I intend to fix below the shelf) from amazon. It’s motion activated after arming it from a key fob. £13.

Hi Mr Axe.. you can get a sold secure gold u lock on Amazon for £20. I got one as well as the Forgeddabouttit kryptonite chain. Seems to be the defacto for these bikes.

i also got an alarm (that I intend to fix below the shelf) from amazon. It’s motion activated after arming it from a key fob. £13.
Thanks for the tip there OldBoy :)

One of the pair at the bottom of the right fork - it faces towards the back of the bike. All four (both sides) has been jolted loose in the ride, but only one fell out. Replaced quickly / easily. The picture is from the left fork, I replaced both outers to keep it symmetricalView attachment 64327

Oldboy ill be looking mine over all the time now! Dustyaxe-put me down for a Fob I can't see my last post. I make guitar slides. Oh and guys, did you register your bikes? I couldn't get my reg to go through.

Hey Guys finally received mine!

mounted in about an hour as well with some help needed from my girlfriend ;) (the front weel)
I already have the fenders btw.

IMG_20200904_101605.jpg

A few issue that I had:

The throttle was mounted to close from the display and could not be actionned properly. Se picture bellow.

IMG_20200904_095724.jpg

It was stuck half way into the middle, twisted and almost broken.
I managed to move slightly the light and the display to the right to allow more space for the throttle and it seems that everything is fine now and the throttle works properly.

Other than that the cables in the front were wrap in a black plastic twist (sorry I do not know how to call that). It gets in the way of the light and it was too tight to mount the handle correctly. So I had to undo it and redo it slightly less tight. I assume this is to protect the wires from the rain and I was wondering if I need to keep it or would to remove it completely?

I have emailed Newgen about these 2 issues.

Also I got a question for you guys, does the front weel disk break touches the break like on the picture bellow and is this expected?

IMG_20200904_112626.jpg

Also I have not been able to locate the serial number. has any of you been able to?

I tried the bike for 10 mintes, my first thought is that it is going nowhere without the engine :D and that it will be a nightmare to ride if I am out of battery.
otherwise it is great fun and I cannot wait to try more. I crossed 3 people and all of them were looking at me like if I was some sort of alien... :D :D :D

Hey Guys finally received mine!

mounted in about an hour as well with some help needed from my girlfriend ;) (the front weel)
I already have the fenders btw.

View attachment 64368

A few issue that I had:

The throttle was mounted to close from the display and could not be actionned properly. Se picture bellow.

View attachment 64369

It was stuck half way into the middle, twisted and almost broken.
I managed to move slightly the light and the display to the right to allow more space for the throttle and it seems that everything is fine now and the throttle works properly.

Other than that the cables in the front were wrap in a black plastic twist (sorry I do not know how to call that). It gets in the way of the light and it was too tight to mount the handle correctly. So I had to undo it and redo it slightly less tight. I assume this is to protect the wires from the rain and I was wondering if I need to keep it or would to remove it completely?

I have emailed Newgen about these 2 issues.

Also I got a question for you guys, does the front weel disk break touches the break like on the picture bellow and is this expected?

View attachment 64370

Also I have not been able to locate the serial number. has any of you been able to?

I tried the bike for 10 mintes, my first thought is that it is going nowhere without the engine :D and that it will be a nightmare to ride if I am out of battery.
otherwise it is great fun and I cannot wait to try more. I crossed 3 people and all of them were looking at me like if I was some sort of alien... :D :D :D

I took the entire curly thing off the wires which now means the wires are in front of front light. Cable ties should sort it! Unsure of what you mean about front brake?

I took the entire curly thing off the wires which now means the wires are in front of front light. Cable ties should sort it! Unsure of what you mean about front brake?
This is a serial number on the sticker under the shelf

i also has the same compressed display / throttle issue. I assumed it was up to me to space them out as desired.

this was an unexpected issue for me as I hadn’t ordered a throttle 😬

For the cables, I moved the light over slightly and left them in the plastic coil. Took the bike out last night and the light is super bright anyway.
on brakes, yes, my front brake rubs slightly, I was going to research how to adjust / test

i also has the same compressed display / throttle issue. I assumed it was up to me to space them out as desired.

For the cables, I moved the light over slightly and left them in the plastic coil. Took the bike out last night and the light is super bright anyway.
on brakes, yes, my front brake rubs slightly, I was going to research how to adjust / test
Looks like my issue is that the front brake disk is slighly bended, probably due to the transport, see how the foam was heavily pressing on it:

1599221207146.png

1 third of the disk is touching the brake caliper preventing the frot weel to turn smoothly. So I contacted them and I am waiting for their answer.

I ordered a throttle but no light but it came with both! I expected the brakes to be a bit rubby and squeaky until the pads wear a bit. Hope you guys are clued up on maintenance cos I have very limited knowledge on bikes!!!

Is the alarm easy to trigger? I don't want to awake my neighbours by mistake if I get one.

You have to move the bike to trigger it.

Putting the stand up makes the initial warning noise, but then if you keep moving it, it goes apeshit. I like it.

Back