Need New Rim

Enargins

My 2018 RadCity has some hairline cracks in the rear rim which stem from some of the spoke holes (each crack is about 1/2 inch long). I'm told that Rad rims aren't the highest quality, and that getting a heftier replacement rim would be a good idea. Any recommendations for rims? The tire itself is 26 x 2.3. Thanks.

Get the same width rim. Measure it.

You'll need a 36 hole rim. I've bought Weinman rims for fat tire and Sun-Ringle rims for my 20" folders. Use quality spokes, not stuff from China and you'll have a nice wheel,

Spokes are like a dollar each. It's unlikely the old ones fit. I don't know what they charge to build a wheel these days. I went to a bike shop with my first one, and they moaned/groaned about the motor and wouldn't touch it. I did it myself, but I had nothing else to do and eventually got it right. If you're not going to ever do this again, find a shop, Might be $50-100?

Thanks! Yeah, from what I've heard, places charge about $100 to replace the rim.

So with spokes, rim, and labor, looking at close to $200. Buying a new wheel with new motor from Rad costs about $350. Hmm.

Back