Need help on haibike fs/rx

Albe215

My chain is slipping when I am going up steep hills. They said that my chain might be a bit loose. Can that cause the chain the slip/skip? If so, how can I tighten the chain on the haibike fs/rx ?

My chain is slipping when I am going up steep hills. They said that my chain might be a bit loose. Can that cause the chain the slip/skip? If so, how can I tighten the chain on the haibike fs/rx ?

The only way is to remove 1 or more links from the chain, but that may be an issue with the chain tensioner you have with a full suspension Bosch bike and probably not advisable. People do remove links to get more tension from derailleurs, but on a Bosch FS? You should take it to your dealer and explain the problem you're having and get their (under warranty) opinion.

Is your chain factory spec and/or original? Who is "they" in they said it might be loose?

The only way is to remove 1 or more links from the chain, but that may be an issue with the chain tensioner you have with a full suspension Bosch bike and probably not advisable. People do remove links to get more tension from derailleurs, but on a Bosch FS? You should take it to your dealer and explain the problem you're having and get their (under warranty) opinion.

Is your chain factory spec and/or original? Who is "they" in they said it might be loose?

Yes, everything is factory, haven't done anything to it. When I said they, I was referring to articles I've read etc. as well as other riders I've spoken with. Problem is, I don't have a local ebike dealer, just a regular bike shop. Not sure they can do work on these bikes? I purchased the bike in LA and I'm in Alamo CA now.

If getting to an authorized dealer for warranty work is a problem, just buy a new chain. Not that much $ and I doubt there's any adjustment on the bike to take up extra slack. Motorcycles have an adjustable axle to move back and tighten the chain, but I've not seen that on a bicycle.

Depending on how many miles you have on your bike and how you ride, I've already had to replace the front chain ring for a customer who managed to rack up 6000 miles in 9 months.

Also if you check the derailleur, the stock derailleur (should be Deore or SLX) has a gray lever/clutch that will prevent chain slapping/tension your chain a little more.

I had the exact same thing happen to mine, the non drive side of the axle unthreaded and must have allowed the free hub to be loose enough to skip. Mine would not drive at all had to walk a bit. I thought it was a free hub but I just cleaned everything up, a touch of thread locker
and it has worked fine

even a little bit of tough grass wound up in the freewheel/cassette can cause skipping. Very little physical debris needed. A good cleaning does cure most chain problems.

Back