Need help finding bar end bike mirror of Pace 500

Bigal1463

I bought a Hafny bar end mirror which I thought would be easy to mount. I removed the handlebar and in doing so pulled the cap off of the end grip, from where it goes into the end bar. I had to use needle nose pliers to get the insert out. It just wouldn’t come out after loosening the screw. I attempted to in stall the mirror and it was too small of a fit. Directions say you may have to use the spacer (provided). The spacer was too big to fit in. The description on the box say that it’s made to fit 14.8 - 23mm. I’ll have to return it. Has anyone used a bar end bike mirror on the 500? And if so, what is the size of the bar opening? I don’t know how to measure opening.

I have used the Hafny bar end mirror on all four of my Pace 500s I've owned. Best mirror with little to no vibration. I also transferred the hand grips to another brand ebike because I like them so well. The Hafny works well on this new ebike too. I did not use the spacer. I do know that once tightly installed, the mirror is tough to remove from the handlebar. But with the right technique I have done it a few times. Hope you find a better bar end mirror for the 500.

Is this the spacer you got with your Hafny mirror?

IMG_0664.JPG

If so, it is pretty thin. But you say that the mirror was too small without the spacer, but too large with it? Did you assure that the mirror locking screw was fully loose (to the point where one half turn looser would allow the bolt to come out of the nut on the inside) before you tried it? Were the 'anvils' oriented correctly to spread the inner lock parts properly when the lock screw was tightened?

IMG_0665.JPG

Did the mirror fit fully into the handlebar end, or did it hit against the threaded insert still within the handlebar?

(BTW, that threaded insert in the end of the bar will be a bear to remove, as if you try to pull it out it will just grab the I.D. of the handlebars harder. You may just need to use a large screwdriver, a punch or a rod to tap the threaded insert further in (towards the stem) if it is interfering with your mirror install. It will ultimately live forever within your handlebars, but shouldn't rattle around or affect anything negatively).

Something doesn't add up properly if the mirror fit is too tight with the spacer, but won't tighten enough without it...

I don't have a Pace 500, but I've used these on all my bikes over the years, Only need them on the left side, except I put them on both sides of a 3 wheel recumbent. Personally I think these are the best design available.

1592163712995.png

I have a pace 500 LE, I ordered one of these mirrors because under categories Aventon lists the Mirrcycle as accessories for 500. Mine will come tomorrow.

Put mirror on today and it took only 10 min max. I did not have to cut grip. It had a plastic plug that I just wiggled until it came out. I also got a rear rack and installed that also.

Attachments

• Mirror 1.jpg
    Mirror 1.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 808
  • Bike rack 2.jpg
    Bike rack 2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 729
  • Mirror 2.jpg
    Mirror 2.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 731
Is there any mirror vibration from the road? Or is it 100% perfectly stable? Just curious as the extended arms of Mirrcyclye would seem to be subject to road vibration.

the mirror went without any friction (very loose all around. I tried to insert the flexible speacer and it would not go in. It’s too big.
After reading some comments, I forced the soft insert in as far as I could get it in, (about half way), then tightened it, but it‘s only i the handlebar halfway. I don’t know if that’s the way it’s supposed to be.

I used the exact mirror that Pheonixtoohot shows in the post. It is the Mirrycle Mountain bike mirror. I have the Pace 500 LE. Used the small piece to go into handlebar. Very simple. As far as vibration...I do not know yet because we are in a very rainy weather pattern. Rained all day today and will be for maybe next couple days. That being said, I am on country roads and just care about seeing a car that I might be holding up. I have had a few motorcycles in my time and all mirrors shook to some extent so that really doesn't bother me.

Thank you very much. I read your replies and was able to attach it correctly to the bar end. That’s what is nice about this site; many people participate and are caring enough to help someone, like myself out of a problem.
Thanks again. The Hafny bike mirror does fit the Pace 500.

Reactions: TMH
I ordered this mirror from Walmart: https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/624552223. Doesn’t fit perfectly unless you trim it because handlebar is too thick. Also, while it provides a nice large view, it shifts position every time I go over a bump and I have to readjust. Ordered a replacement in case it is defective but may go with one of the ones recommended above if I can’t get it to work.

Update: After tightening the mirror, it works very well. Don’t even need the replacement but will keep it as a spare. I didn’t trim it so it protrudes slightly more but no big issue. I like the wide view and the light on the back. Keeper.

Last edited:
I returned the same mirror to Walmart because i didn’t want to damage the grip. I ended up keeping Hafny, even though the mirror from Walmart is much bigger.

I returned the same mirror to Walmart because i didn’t want to damage the grip. I ended up keeping Hafny, even though the mirror from Walmart is much bigger.
Works fine if you don’t try to force it in. I am sure I could trim it to size but not really necessary. Just added a basket tonight :). Very happy.

The Walmart mirror can only go in about halfway without cuttinhg the grip to make it fit snug against the bar end, and I’m not sure if it will tighten enough to hold, while sticking out half way. I agree that it’s a much better mirror, but I did’t want to cut the grip. Just my feelings. I looked on Amazon and wasn’t able to find a similar mirror that would fit.

The Walmart mirror can only go in about halfway without cuttinhg the grip to make it fit snug against the bar end, and I’m not sure if it will tighten enough to hold, while sticking out half way. I agree that it’s a much better mirror, but I did’t want to cut the grip. Just my feelings. I looked on Amazon and wasn’t able to find a similar mirror that would fit.
I wouldn’t cut the grip. I’d cut the mirror if anything. I didn’t cut either and it’s a very snug fit so if you don’t mind the slight protrusion, it’s great. Will post a picture in a bit.

Attachments

• D4AC5AF0-B5F2-4DA0-8D03-F3884AF16E37.jpeg
    D4AC5AF0-B5F2-4DA0-8D03-F3884AF16E37.jpeg
    52.7 KB · Views: 455
Last edited:
Back