NCM Throttle Lever Question

Bitmugger

Region
Canada
Does the standard throttle lever on the NCM Moscow Plus work as an on/off trigger or a graduated application of power? I tried with all effort to get the throttle to output partial power but all I can seem to accomplish is full assist or no assist. Nothing in between.

What I'd like is actually a throttle that when depressed causes the motor to give me about 1/2 or 2/3 power so the motor gives me a bit of assistance but not it's full assistance. If I had a throttle I could feather I think I'd be fine.

If you tap it just a little bit it'll keep the power low but it seems to quickly go up to full when you press it a little more. It's not super useful as a partial though because the travel distance of it to full is pretty small - that combined with bumps on the road make it hard to really hold the throttle at partial.

I seldom have occasion to hold it more that a couple seconds, but lightly pumping it seems as close
as I can get to partial throttle. Not really much of an issue for me. I usually only use it on take off
or to pick up a bit of momentum into a hill.

Does the standard throttle lever on the NCM Moscow Plus work as an on/off trigger or a graduated application of power? I tried with all effort to get the throttle to output partial power but all I can seem to accomplish is full assist or no assist. Nothing in between.

What I'd like is actually a throttle that when depressed causes the motor to give me about 1/2 or 2/3 power so the motor gives me a bit of assistance but not it's full assistance. If I had a throttle I could feather I think I'd be fine.
The throttle on the C7 off road kit is progresive.

NCM's "throttle lever" is just a on-off switch to the controller.

Besides looking at the controller, I'd also like to know if the motor can accept a gradient of current too.

NCM's "throttle lever" is just a on-off switch to the controller.

Besides looking at the controller, I'd also like to know if the motor can accept a gradient of current too.

NCM's throttle does feel very on/off but it is graduated, I can lift my back wheel (Moscow+) and use the throttle to get varies speeds, it's just hard to control it so nicely in practice.

The C7 Off Road kit will let you feather the throttle. I'ts good to use to help you pull away from a start ,especially if you were in the wrong gear. Off road through the woods it's good to stand up on the pedals and just use the throttle ,especially on the twisty bits.

Seems about the first 1/4" of travel on the throttle lever is variable. Anything past that is wide open.

Seems about the first 1/4" of travel on the throttle lever is variable. Anything past that is wide open.

Yep, sounds about like mine technically "variable" but in practical use it's more like on/off. Too bad, the throttle seems well made and fits in such a small space

Back