NCM Moscow Plus 29

Jpgvmm

I recently bought this new bike on Amazon and It worked fine for a month, even though since the beginning I noticed weird things. Being the first electric bike I ride, I thought they were normal or part of the technology, things like accelerating and suddenly loosing acceleration to came back after a few seconds, very sporadically though so not to be an issue or annoying. Afte a month the issue suddenly turned worse, loosing power for at least one time while riding and for more than a few seconds. One day, the display will not turn on, it will for a second and then all will go off, I emailed the vendor and they concluded right away that the controller was faulty and they send me a new one very fast. I went to a bike shop and they changed it, the vendor also took care of the bike shop, so they have been really supportive. The bike lasted literally 2 days working ok, then today again I was getting ready for a ride, when I turned on the display, it went on for a second and then dead again. The display does not turn on again, same like the first time.
The battery is charged and all that, I also reviewed all the connectors, no issues there.

So now Im wondering, what is going on? Is the money I spent on this worth it, or should I consider sending this back for refund? Does anyone have experienced something similar?
Its really a shame because I really like the look and feel of this bike, other than the electric part, biking this is really nice, is comfortable and very smooth.

Thank you.

I´m sorry to hear that. I´ve had a few minor issues with my moscow, some not entirely the bike´s fault.
Your recourse, I guess is with the seller. At 3000+ miles I have a growing respect for this bike. It does demand
attention to proper handling & maintenance. It is a forgiving bike, but one must carefully read the manual as
there are details there that are wise to follow. If the problem is something defective, such as the display or
controller, I would expect support from the seller. It could be something as simple as a loose wire or damaged
connector. The NCM franchise here in the US delivered the bike the day after I ordered it. I´ve worked on bikes
now for near 60 yrs, and expected to due some tuning when it arrived. Happily, everything was totally lubed &
& tuned, tight as a drum. It has stayed that way with minor adjustments to cable stretch & temperature. They
had preset the display to US spds. & miles. If I were a seller I´d be sure everything worked before it left the
shop.

Mine has been working great so far, (100 miles). For the price I paid I have no complaints. It is serving the purpose I bought it for but knowing what I know now I will get a mid-drive with torque sensing next time.

Mine has been working great so far, (100 miles). For the price I paid I have no complaints. It is serving the purpose I bought it for but knowing what I know now I will get a mid-drive with torque sensing next time.
The thing about the moscow is it´s cheaper to learn the ropes on than ruining a $4k bike. It´s basic &
tough, not a lot of bells & whistles, but as I get more familiar with it, I´ve come to love it. It cost less than
half my 1st ebike, (now a parts bike), & is twice as utilitarian, climbs anything & just got better as the
motor broke in.
P.S. Memorizing the manual will be useful. You know Germans, sticklers for details.

Back