My updated Trek Domane +HP review - now with 4565 miles on it

At most I recall is a 3-day ride of approx 125 miles, the bike still had 35% charge left. It was mostly flat and about 2 major hills. When it gets closer to 30%, I get both the integrated 1000Wh batteries recharged.
What was your average speed?

On this easy ride, I’d say maybe around 16mph. It can easily go much faster on higher mode and biker’s motivation. This carbon bike is very light and quite nimble compare to typical ebikes.
However, I’m a bit of a nature gawker - especially up in PNW area - my bike and I dawdle a lot throughout woods.😁

On this easy ride, I’d say maybe around 16mph. It can easily go much faster on higher mode and biker’s motivation. This carbon bike is very light and quite nimble compare to typical ebikes.
However, I’m a bit of a nature gawker - especially up in PNW area - my bike and I dawdle a lot throughout woods.😁
Thanks

Hey, noticed you’re in Valpo. It’s where my maternal family’s from. Probably like you, we’re warm and snow bound bit aching to go cycling!

We are getting our first snow today! I have ridden a couple times this week. I think that will be on hold for a few days now!

We are getting our first snow today! I have ridden a couple times this week. I think that will be on hold for a few days now!
Have you ever tried it in the snow pr extreme cold condition? If so what was your mileage and battery life looks like?

I will never ride in snow. However, down in the 30 deg range, it performed reliably well.

Actually, that’s the last time I ride out here that cold🥶!!
I have done 28 degrees om a Haibike Urban Plus. Of course it had 27.5 wheels and much heavier but the challebe is finding the medium between working up a sweat and getting hit with a cold blast of wind!

The other thing with the HP is you can easily be doing 20+ mph and if below say 45 that gets pretty chilly. I can mtb at colder temps but then most of the time I am doing 10 mph or under. At least when I motorcycled at 50 and below I had a heated vest and heated hand grips.

I too put the Bontrager Aeolus Pro 3V TLR Disc Road 700x28 Wheels that come on the better non electric Domane bikes on to my Domane + and I seem to average about 2mph better than the 35mm that came on the bike originally. The wheels and the Nyon are the only two upgrades I have done, and Im pleased with the smiles/mile ratio. The competitive part of me would like the newer engine that goes up to 85nm, but the rational part of me reminds myself that I don't use sport or turbo anyway.
Is your light working with the Nyon? The bike mechanic at Eriks swears you can not use the Nyon because the light switch will not work and it doesn't power the light??? Can you give me the name of your mechanic so I can prove him wrong??? Frustrating I have to go through all of this to get the Nyon working on my bike!

I appreciate your latest; thanks👍!

My 2021 Domane+ HP since July 2021 is now about 1120mi. Most time, I ride with Eco mode. Of course, for challenging hills - think Mt Rainier, Hurricane Ridge, and Mt St Helen - higher modes are life safer. You still have to pump hard tho’!

Changes I’ve made:
- upgraded wheels w Domane+ HP7’s standard version, a carbon, higher-volume, tubeless ready, about 1.5lb lighter each / awesome handling in gravel/road;
- added Topeak rear rack (note: this bike’s not design to include front rack);
- also Ortlieb pannier bags, Topeak MTX Trunk Drybag, Revelate Tangle, two others; and finally
- a Range Boost 500Wh battery add-on.

My present goal is to ride minimalistic long distance rider, inn-to-inn cycling adventures. Bear in mind, the maximum total weight limit for this carbon bike (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) is only a mere 275 pounds (125 kg)!

Somehow, the bike and I will manage.😄
Hi, may I ask the fender that you have installed?

Per Trek, they dont recommend Rear rack on the Domane +Hp due to the carbon frame, has anyone had issues with their frame and the racks?

Per Trek, they dont recommend Rear rack on the Domane +Hp due to the carbon frame, has anyone had issues with their frame and the racks?
No issues and Trek are the people who installed it, and it has the mounts into the frame from the get go

Last edited:
Interesting.. Thanks! Trek support pointed me to the ALR model if a rear rack was needed, so clearly incorrect information

Back