My UC Pro has arrived

Just curious why you didn’t go with a rohloff? Are they not available right now
Or not the best for higher speed commuting?

I am very happy with mine

Hope you get this all lined out soon, must be crazy aggravating

The Rohloff is not offered anymore (at least it's no longer shown as an option on the WW website.
I'm not sure what happened to the Rohloff option. For a while Pushkar was really enthusiastic about using a Rohloff hub and then he stopped talking about it and switched to the Kindernay Hub.

Wow I did not know that

weird, I wonder if it’s supply issues or maybe because people are running so much power through them or something, I don’t remember hearing a lot about problems with them

Or maybe your bike is different than mine

Using a straight edge on the front chain ring the chain looks to be straight on the 8th cassette cog.

The record setting bike had (I believe) a Rohloff hub.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I don't think there is anyone in the past who purchased a Pro or CT with a derailleur setup.
If I'm wrong I'd love to have anyone who owns a UC Pro or Cross Tour with a Shimano 11sp groupset join this conversation and give their feedback.

Now I wish I had ordered my Pro with the Kindernay hub. It's A LOT more expensive and there's been some quality issues in the past, but at least I'd be able to ride my bike. :confused:
Not sure why I thought this was a 12sp. Regardless for a 11sp, I broke out my micrometer.
Using an old Shimano cassette, if it's only off 2 cogs, that's about 8mm offset you need to be straight in 6th gear.
https://electricbikereview.com/forums/members/martsebike.33075/ inferred he had experience w/ UC and 11sp. Said he ate the cassette at 200 miles.
1) Did you check what scrambler showed at https://electricbikereview.com/forums/members/scrambler.15634/ ?
If the stock adapter is already mounted in the outward offset, you need another adapter that adds 8mm offset to the
Civilian Plesko on FB has a CT.

Fn'F, do you know what thread mentioned the cassette only lasting 200 miles? I didn't think Marksebike owned a UC.

Fn'F, do you know what thread mentioned the cassette only lasting 200 miles? I didn't think Marksebike owned a UC.
Little difference. You'd see this problem on 1000watt Frey's, all Ultra powered and all use cassettes. 10 - 15lbs heavier.
A lot more of them for a research base.
He commented on your problem.

I lined up the chain on my Cannondale Lefty 3 e-gravel bike (11-42, 11 speed Shimano cassette) and the chain sat on the 6th cog (from the smallest).
I spent more time lining up the chain on my UC Pro-looks like the chain is the straightest in the 9th cog.
Using an old 11-34 Shimano cassette, I measured the distance from the 9th to 6th cog. It's approximately 12mm.

I think I'll try moving the chain ring to the outside of the spider and maybe add a spacer. Then, I'll line up the chain again and see what cog it fall on.

I moved the front chain ring to the outside of the spider and lined the chain up to the cassette again and this time the chain was the straightest on cog 8. Still a ways to go.......
And I made the mistake of, after the bolts were out, moving the bike up onto my work stand. While doing so I lost one of the nuts that hold the bolt to the spider.
Do you think I could find it? :mad:

If not, you can get a replacement nylstop locknut at your hardware store. take the bolt and find the match. It probably is a Metric thread.

I lined up the chain on my Cannondale Lefty 3 e-gravel bike (11-42, 11 speed Shimano cassette) and the chain sat on the 6th cog (from the smallest).
I spent more time lining up the chain on my UC Pro-looks like the chain is the straightest in the 9th cog.
Using an old 11-34 Shimano cassette, I measured the distance from the 9th to 6th cog. It's approximately 12mm.

I think I'll try moving the chain ring to the outside of the spider and maybe add a spacer. Then, I'll line up the chain again and see what cog it fall on.

If not, you can get a replacement nylstop locknut at your hardware store. take the bolt and find the match. It probably is a Metric thread.
they are the same?

I moved the front chain ring to the outside of the spider and lined the chain up to the cassette again and this time the chain was the straightest on cog 8. Still a ways to go.......
And I made the mistake of, after the bolts were out, moving the bike up onto my work stand. While doing so I lost one of the nuts that hold the bolt to the spider.
Do you think I could find it? :mad:
Hmmm. If after readjusting rear wheel in dropouts and centering it's still two gears off that's a wide frame (CT).
No one wants to mention the alternatives - determining if the rear assembly is off kilter - so let's keep that aside.
So, now try the machine. Probably work.

Nylon Locking nuts
1637115764313.png

Wow I did not know that

weird, I wonder if it’s supply issues or maybe because people are running so much power through them or something, I don’t remember hearing a lot about problems with them

Or maybe your bike is different than mine
I read about it in past WW threads. Running the Ultra at higher watts was tearing up Rohloffs.

I also found them on Amazon.ca. I even found some that are slightly longer, for double chainrings.
I imagine they're all the same diameter?

I read about it in past WW threads. Running the Ultra at higher watts was tearing up Rohloffs
I thought it was the gates belts - rated for "160Nm MAX" with "2mm offset tolerance variance MAX" and the 'finger pressure test" tension tolerance? Pretty tricky to keep aligned and tensioned. Takes personal investment and tools. Learning curve and can-do attitude.
Or not. Go to bike shop. lol. Still stuck w/ IGH's limited to 160Nm MAX.
In the end, only chain can withstand this power. IGH is at it's limits, gonna break. But even chain must be aligned..
He'll get this. We all know that.

Back