My Teo review, updated

Dennis I got the cable out using a 90' pick and needle nose pliers to keep the connector square with the hole. I also took the other cable all the way down as well ( to the crank ). I intend on deburring that inside hole taking the edge off. I'll use heavy fishing line or a tig rod to push n pull when I go back together.
Shipping, I asked Bennoit if he could arrange on his end and save us some money, (DHL) just pay him. local pack ship est. 105$
I made a post about my "Repairs" "upgrades" check it out

500watt to 750watt hub swap is the title. I just went through edited some text.
Oh I see. When you edit an old post, it does not trigger any alerts.

Better to do add to an old post instead, this will trigger a new post alert and get people to read it - otherwise it goes unnoticed.

Thanks.

~ Update ~ So I paid shipping ( $70 ) done the swap myself. I have a thread with pics posted. Results, You can feel the increase in power, but! The controller is a square wave not sine wave ( you learn this stuff as you go ) hence a square wave means full power to the desired set point. Or your going to run over something in pas 1 when you move the pedal. So what I experienced is Pas 1 tops out 12mph, 2 tops 18mph and so on. thier is no slow riding in pas 1 !! totally unfriendly

Benoit is unwilling to work with me on a fix ( He is aware of the problem! and helped others ) only to buy another controller from him $220ca.
Buyer beware!! I will not be recommending purchase of Teo Bikes anymore, M2S has a fine bike that matches what Teo offers. with an excellent charger that cant be beat! ( I think its built in the same factorie in China )

Watch for my thread about swapping controllers and display!

I hear what you are saying Dan. The power curve is awful on that particular square wave controller. PAS1 puts out too much power IMO. What I did find interesting on it though, is that if you use the "walk" mode, it was quite gentle. It does not launch like PAS1. So I think its possible for it to have a lighter curve than it does. Maybe it just has to do with the programming. Whatever the case, I couldn't stand it. I would recommend the sine wave any time for a nicer riding experience.

Would you know the dimensions of the controller, and were I could find the electrical connections like whats on it?
I just cant give any more $$ to someone that has already screwed me over. Luna has controllers, their best unit is cheaper than Teo
I find the square wave very dangerous, my daughter wrecked trying to turn around yesterday. It has about bitten me a few times as well. so nobody rides the bike but me.

I believe the physical size is identical. Sorry, I only took pictures of the square wave controller. I'm pretty sure all of the connections were the same as well.

Based on my experience with Téo and their lack of any free after sales support, I also stopped recommending their bikes. I pointed my friends to either Rad or Volt Bikes. They have been very, very with after sales support. Sad really, as Téo did have a good offering.

Back