My Son's Neo Carbon

Maintaining 23mph on any E-bike will drain your battery quite fast. Whereas on a normal human powered bike, it is the muscle fatigue but the weight difference is a huge factor.
Yes agree... I have all three: a nice Italian sports triple, the Neo Carbon (19kg Euro Spec), and a Giant Defy carbon endurance bike that weighs just over 8kg... You cant't hit ++40km/hour for too long on either bicycle... as either battery or human energy levels aren't sustainable ...and that's what the motorbike (and real body protection) is for... just MHO.

The Stealth Bomber and Fighter are awesome to ride (4500, 3500w respectively), however they're very illegal on the road in Australia ;-(

Where I live the police are very laid back about all motor bicycles whether electric, or gas. As long as we're not doing anything stupid they have better things to do.

Where I live the police are very laid back about all motor bicycles whether electric, or gas. As long as we're not doing anything stupid they have better things to do.
V lucky. I've test ridden both the Aussie Stealth models with road tyres... they're awesome! It's a bummer the police are not as understanding over here... maybe I should consider migrating! ;-)

@Craig Morrison Can you comment on the Street Fighter's two speed schlumpf drive? I'm especially interested in how this works out on the street, and with 3.5 Kw on tap. Hardly seems like enough gears for da thing. -S

I am glad your son likes his Neo Carbon. Unfortunately I hate mine. Here is my list of complaints;

-upgraded shifters to Shimano XTR's and they suck. I just touch them and I am in the next gear.
-I ordered the 12A battery and am very disappointed. It runs out of juice around 35-40 miles.
-My small front gear doesn't work very well. I get absolutely no resistance when pedaling even up a 28 degree climb.
-The brakes suck too. I can't hear them working at all and it makes me very nervous.
-The most annoying thing is that I go to Peet's for coffee and when I come out there's a damn crowd in front bothering me with all kinds of questions.

I am glad your son likes his Neo Carbon. Unfortunately I hate mine. Here is my list of complaints;

-upgraded shifters to Shimano XTR's and they suck. I just touch them and I am in the next gear.
-I ordered the 12A battery and am very disappointed. It runs out of juice around 35-40 miles.
-My small front gear doesn't work very well. I get absolutely no resistance when pedaling even up a 28 degree climb.
-The brakes suck too. I can't hear them working at all and it makes me very nervous.
-The most annoying thing is that I go to Peet's for coffee and when I come out there's a damn crowd in front bothering me with all kinds of questions.

What a shame... You should get rid of that bag of bolts!!! You should go on an internet campaign and slam the manufacturer everywhere you can! 40 miles on 12ah, I get at least 41 miles on my 16ah! You should complain!

I'm also in love with my Carbon... 1,500+ km with no probs other than one rear flat (replaced the Kenda with a Marathon Plus). Brake pads are still good, though will replace in a few weeks as feel I must at some stage... I also find the gearing to be quite ok, although I'm rarely out of the biggun. Maybe the US delivered models only have small rings....?
Oh, and I find that the Carbon is invisible (matt black, with little/no branding shout-outs), so most don't quite get that it's electric at the local cafe, so I have to offer a ride or two :)...

Last edited:
Oh, and I find that the Carbon is invisible (matt black, with little/no branding shout-outs), so most don't quite get that it's electric at the local cafe, so I have to offer a ride or two :)...

I have to agree with that. The Carbon is not a bike that's easily recognized as an electric. You have to know what to look for, and most people that aren't into it, don't. The hub motor's small diameter doesn't really stand out. The silence doesn't give it away either. Anyone could mistake it for just a bicycle.

In all seriousness, I do want to sell my bike even though it is just perfect. I want to experiment with a speed pedelec mid-drive. Anyone can PM me if interested.

Dear Santa...... biknut, that Neo Carbon is a friggin sexy E-bike!! I'm drooling here...I'm not kidding lol. I would love to get it!! Too bad there are so few retailers in Sweden. We only have a couple of brands and models here so far.

Dear Santa...... biknut, that Neo Carbon is a friggin sexy E-bike!! I'm drooling here...I'm not kidding lol. I would love to get it!! Too bad there are so few retailers in Sweden. We only have a couple of brands and models here so far.

That's funny, I thought Europe was like the mecca of electric bicycles. Why does the retailer have to be in Sweden anyway? I bought my Bomber online, and it was shipped from Australia to Texas.

For about $700.00? That's what retailers are asking in So Cal. -S

It's hard to find the deal I got. I bought my bike from Road Bike City in L.A. with free shipping, no sales tax, and regular list price. Now you can't find free shipping, and a lot of stores are marking them up $1000 to $10,900

It was just an ecommerce transaction to Road Bike City. They never actually saw the bike, it shipped direct from Australia to my door. It was such a good deal I told my wife I had to buy it to save us money. I'm sure everyone can understand the reasoning in that.

I'm sure Peter can help you with a Dealer in Denmark...

It's hard to find the deal I got. I bought my bike from Road Bike City in L.A. with free shipping, no sales tax, and regular list price. Now you can't find free shipping, and a lot of stores are marking them up $1000 to $10,900

It was just an ecommerce transaction to Road Bike City. They never actually saw the bike, it shipped direct from Australia to my door. It was such a good deal I told my wife I had to buy it to save us money. I'm sure everyone can understand the reasoning in that.

:) I try not to tell the wife!

I can help if anyone needs shipping help from Australia...

That's funny, I thought Europe was like the mecca of electric bicycles. Why does the retailer have to be in Sweden anyway? I bought my Bomber online, and it was shipped from Australia to Texas.
I would love to order one from abroad...If you know any retailers offering international shipping (to Sweden) then I'm interested. Otherwise I guess I could try to get a demo-bike from a random bikestore.

I would love to order one from abroad...If you know any retailers offering international shipping (to Sweden) then I'm interested. Otherwise I guess I could try to get a demo-bike from a random bikestore.

Yep. My local dealer will ship international.
Send me a PM.
You can write in Swedish.

I could probably ship internationally. I would sell for $2999 plus freight. In perfect condition with upgrades. You can pm me if interested. Purchased in August.

86: Did you ever sell your bike? A dealer not to far from me has several new Neo Carbons in boxes. Offering them for $3600 and an extra 12a battery for $400. I really love the look of that bike, but am thinking my backside would probably prefer a commuter style bike.

86: Did you ever sell your bike? A dealer not to far from me has several new Neo Carbons in boxes. Offering them for $3600 and an extra 12a battery for $400. I really love the look of that bike, but am thinking my backside would probably prefer a commuter style bike.

I would be easy enough to change the handle bars, and seat on a Carbon, and wala, instant commuter bike. It already comes with suspension forks.

Back