My New Bianchi Impulso e - Road Bike

Haydn

Region
United Kingdom
Hello. My name is Haydn, from Cannock, Staffordshire, UK. I've been a keen cyclist for over 40 years, riding road bikes for commuting and leisure rides. I'm a recent convert to e bikes and now the proud owner of a Bianchi e - Road Bike. I've ridden over 2000 miles in the past 6 months and can strongly recommend the Bianchi Impulso. It suits my style of cycling, using the motor to aid the gears, rather than dominating the ride.
Bianchi at Essex Bridge, Shugborough. June 2022.jpg

Hello. My name is Haydn, from Cannock, Staffordshire, UK. I've been a keen cyclist for over 40 years, riding road bikes for commuting and leisure rides. I'm a recent convert to e bikes and now the proud owner of a Bianchi e - Road Bike. I've ridden over 2000 miles in the past 6 months and can strongly recommend the Bianchi Impulso. It suits my style of cycling, using the motor to aid the gears, rather than dominating the ride.View attachment 134547
Pretty bike!
Please share your adventures. 🚴🏾‍♂️😃

Welcome to the forum. A celeste Bianchi is always a treat to see.

Although not a popular opinion I find hub bikes to do better at what you describe than mid drive for road use and glad you are getting what you want out of it!

Welcome to the forum. A celeste Bianchi is always a treat to see.

Although not a popular opinion I find hub bikes to do better at what you describe than mid drive for road use and glad you are getting what you want out of it!
Yes, it rides more like a normal bike - with a tail wind! It rides very well on gravel tracks, and I can tackle quite steep inclines, using the combination of low gears, electricity and sheer muscle power! My first e-bike was a Cannondale Neo2 Road Bike (it was stolen, last year - after a year's service). This had a mid - motor, and you really felt the torque pushing you up those hills. However, I prefer the more subtle feel of the hub motor, and, as I say. it has the feel of a conventional bike, albeit with a perpetual tail wind! I like to feel that I'm CYCLING!!

Reactions: JRA
The longest ride I've attempted on my Bianchi Impulso e - Road Bike is from Cannock to Ironbridge - a 50 mile round trip (see photo). The ride out of the Ironbidge Gorge is very steep ( one chevron on the OS Map). Riding out of the saddle, low bottom gear and motor assist made this a much easier ascent than using a conventional road bike - which I've ridden in the past. Also, the hub motor made gear changes much smoother than a mid - motor assist, when ascending a steep incline.
As you can see on my other photo, I've equipped the bike with panniers and mud - guards. I also use an external battery back - up for long rides.
The only gripe I have is that I can feel some slight motor resistance at the cut off 15mph limit threshold - but that's only minor, and I'm used to it now!
I'm planning a 100 mile ride to the Welsh border, next month - over 2 days, recharging overnight.

Attachments

• Bianchi ebike forum Ironbridge.jpg
    Bianchi ebike forum Ironbridge.jpg
    441.5 KB · Views: 259
  • Bianchi ebike forum.jpg
    Bianchi ebike forum.jpg
    571.8 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
Back