Scott e-RIDE Addict 30 and the world of easier hills

I just got a Rose Reveal Plus with the Mahle X20 and I have a question to those who actually own a bike with the X20. The motor of my Reveal Plus already kicks in if I just act as if I was pedaling (without pushing force to the pedal). Is this normal behaviour? It thought this is only an issue with the X35 which does not have a torque sensor.

No this does not happen on mine. I have to apply some pressure on the pedal.

Thanks for the replies! It does have both sensors. I did some further tests, if I apply more pressure on the pedal, the motor also outputs more power. So the torque sensor seems to work. I may have to use the app to adjust the settings.

Thanks, I had deleted my post just after I realised with another measurement that 31.8 mm bells should be able to fit close to the center of the stem.
I also use my voice usually but when crossing Copenhagen downtown this is not a safe method.

We have excellent cycle lanes everywhere but often people ride beside each other or overtake without looking back , while riding at half of the speed of a racing bike. We also have plenty of the Christiania transport bikes that take up 80% of the lane width and last but not least foreign tourists suddenly stepping on ther cycle path, not realising how dangerous that is in Denmark.

All in all good reasons for a cycle bell.

Can't really avoid the center of the town on the northerly cycle route along the Sound which is very beautiful.

I ordered now a Spurcycle Compact bell since it's bigger brother, the Spurcycle Original, works well on my other e-Bike ( the Vado SL)

I half-sympathise with you but my sympathy is rather challenged with envy. Here in Britain we do have cycle paths which are wonderful but underused, often poorly maintained (although some tracks in Scotland are just incredible) and, well, just not integrated properly. For instance a 6 mile cycle path in Carlisle ends abruptly with give way markings on to a pavement that runs alongside a dual carriageway. It's as if the cyclist is simply abandoned to their fate. So you get off your bike, walk 50 yards to a pedestrian crossing, walk to the next junction where you can resume your ride. Don't get me started about foreign tourists in Cumbria.

Thanks, I had deleted my post just after I realised with another measurement that 31.8 mm bells should be able to fit close to the center of the stem.
I also use my voice usually but when crossing Copenhagen downtown this is not a safe method.

We have excellent cycle lanes everywhere but often people ride beside each other or overtake without looking back , while riding at half of the speed of a racing bike. We also have plenty of the Christiania transport bikes that take up 80% of the lane width and last but not least foreign tourists suddenly stepping on ther cycle path, not realising how dangerous that is in Denmark.

All in all good reasons for a cycle bell.

Can't really avoid the center of the town on the northerly cycle route along the Sound which is very beautiful.

I ordered now a Spurcycle Compact bell since it's bigger brother, the Spurcycle Original, works well on my other e-Bike ( the Vado SL)
I am familiar with København and love the city! I have even had a chance to do two bike trips around the city in my lifetime. I also could see the Christiania cargo e-bikes on my last trip to CPH!

1683028130652.png

In the Free City of Christiania, Copenhagen, 25th of August 2020.

I am very impressed with the Copenhagen cycling and the infrastructure!

I am familiar with København and love the city! I have even had a chance to do two bike trips around the city in my lifetime. I also could see the Christiania cargo e-bikes on my last trip to CPH!

View attachment 152811
In the Free City of Christiania, Copenhagen, 25th of August 2020.

I am very impressed with the Copenhagen cycling and the infrastructure!

Thanks for your kind replies. Yes, bike lanes in Copenhagen are a real treat. Having said that, you still need to watch a bit ahead when riding a racing bike with narrow wheels. Sometimes there may be broken glass on the lane, potholes or simply bumps because workers installed some pipe across the lane and did a poor job closing the hole again. But all in all it is really great cycling here. Did a 84 km trip to alongside the coast this weekend on a great cykelpath. Flat first but in the north there were some hills and head wind to tackle.

Attachments

• IMG_2880.jpeg
    IMG_2880.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 22.01.13.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 22.01.13.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 22.08.22.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 22.08.22.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 22.08.35.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 22.08.35.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 108
Just wanted to share a picture of my new bell. The compact version is smaller and it sounds slightly deeper than the Spurcycle Original. Now I can ride more safely when crossing the city centre. As with the Original it is really loud, despite it's small size.

Attachments

• IMG_2908.jpeg
    IMG_2908.jpeg
    34.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_2906.jpeg
    IMG_2906.jpeg
    43 KB · Views: 98
The SRAM AXS etap made some trouble today. Suddenly I could only change into lower gears but not into higher gears again. The derailleurs were reacting when testing them and I also just had charged them but pressng the levers at the bar handle did not work anymore . Pretty annoying as I was still 25 km away from home and in low gear this would have been no fun. I managed to change the gear directly at the derailleur to one I could cycle more of less comfortably with on my home ride. Was difficult though to remember not to shift gears when riding this time.

At home I studied the manual but that did not help much. My guess was that the CR2032 batteries in the shift/break levers were empty. Strange though that while the left one just blinked green when pressing the AXS button, the right one stayed green permanently as if the system did hang or something. I shifted both batteries of the levers and now it seems to work again. The SRAM app also said there was a firmware update on the levers so I did this right away too.

Nice system, those electric gear shifter but annoying when they stop working in the middle of a ride. Still not sure whether the batteries really were flat or whether it was a system error causing it. Those batteries should normally last years. Better have a coin with me on my next rides , so I can open the battery compartment to reset them if it happens again.

Today the shifter worked flawlessly again. It is a pretty cool system. Just hope I don't see such problems again.
IMG_3005.jpeg
IMG_3006.jpeg
IMG_3007.jpeg

Had a fantastic trip today. 86 kilometres round trip from south of the airport to Rungsted harbour and back. If you ever happen in Copenhagen, try renting a bike a drive along the coastline on the N9 national cycle path. The area is also referred to a the "Whisky Belt" due to the multi million Euros houses at the coast line. It has some steep short hills in the more Northern part (but I did not take pictures of it, had to concentrate on the bike).

IMG_2925.jpeg
IMG_2926.jpeg
IMG_2955.jpeg
IMG_2933.jpeg
IMG_2934.jpeg

cycle paths of various quality on my way into the city centre

IMG_2961.jpeg
IMG_2958.jpeg
IMG_2953.jpeg
IMG_2966.jpeg

Leaving the town and cycling alongside the water on nice smooth concrete

IMG_2972.jpeg
IMG_2978.jpeg
IMG_2985.jpeg
IMG_2989.jpeg
IMG_2990.jpeg

First short break in Taarbæk harbour, refilling the water bottle and doing some stretching. Leaving on a side road before joining the N9 path again which now runs alongside the coastal train line through the forest

IMG_2997.jpeg
IMG_3003.jpeg
IMG_3008.jpeg
Screenshot 2023-05-14 at 22.51.54.png

Second break in Rungsted and some quick energy snack for the ride back ;-) . The route southward was more uphill and with headwind, so average speed dropped.
While running most of the northbound trail in neutral mode, I had the light green mode on on the way back but it mostly only kicked in when running up hills (where I sometimes also used the orange or pink level for a minute or 2 when it got very steep) and during the flats where the head wind was strongest.
Battery was still at 40% when coming home. I presume in very hilly environments it will drop fast but here it would probably last 130 km or more.

Back