Scott e-RIDE Addict 30 and the world of easier hills

One more thing.

I’ve been irritated by an intermittent rattle since I got the bike. The main culprit was the drive chain which was cured when I started using Smoove lubricant, but there was another which was not that loud but very irritating on a bike that costs this much. My Genesis equilibrium and Look 566 are wonderfully quiet in comparison.

It was the wiring and connector in the crossbar. The noise is exacerbated by the rigid frame and the sound reverberates up into the handlebars.

All it took was for Norbert at Arragons in Penrith, who supplied the bike, to tape some sponge foam around the wire inside the crossbar and everything is now rattle free at last.

So if you have this problem this might be the culprit.

IKELL, I've been to look at the 2022 Scott Addict e-Ride 30, and think I might get one? You have had yours some time now, how is it going? any problems occur at all? I think I need a 54cm bike, I'm 5ft.10 . I did like the little removable torx key fitted on the rear wheel; and it's not too heavy for an e-bike either. just thought I'd ask how yours is going before I order one; and need to justify that amount of expensive machinery to the wife ..

IKELL, I've been to look at the 2022 Scott Addict e-Ride 30, and think I might get one? You have had yours some time now, how is it going? any problems occur at all? I think I need a 54cm bike, I'm 5ft.10 . I did like the little removable torx key fitted on the rear wheel; and it's not too heavy for an e-bike either. just thought I'd ask how yours is going before I order one; and need to justify that amount of expensive machinery to the wife ..
I still love it unconditionally! The iPhone app is now up and running fully though I rely on the Garmin Edge on rides. There were a few rattles which were cured, one being the drivetrain, which responded to smoove lubricant and the other which I discovered to be the HMI connectors in the crossbar. The tiny insistent rattle was amplified by the rigid tubes and could be really irritating. It was cured by Arragon’s of Penrith who wrapped the offending connectors in a bit of foam.

This winter has served up virus after virus and I found the Scott to be a great asset in speeding up a return to fitness because of the extra assistance available on hills.

I have a 54 cm and am only 5’7” although I have arms like a chimpanzee. It fits me fine so if you are 5’10 it might be worth considering the next size up.

If you are happy with your bike dealer, fine, but if not, give Arragon’s of Penrith a shout. They have been unfailingly helpful and friendly as well as knowledgable and keen on pricing.

Hope this has been of help.

I still love it unconditionally! The iPhone app is now up and running fully though I rely on the Garmin Edge on rides. There were a few rattles which were cured, one being the drivetrain, which responded to smoove lubricant and the other which I discovered to be the HMI connectors in the crossbar. The tiny insistent rattle was amplified by the rigid tubes and could be really irritating. It was cured by Arragon’s of Penrith who wrapped the offending connectors in a bit of foam.

This winter has served up virus after virus and I found the Scott to be a great asset in speeding up a return to fitness because of the extra assistance available on hills.

I have a 54 cm and am only 5’7” although I have arms like a chimpanzee. It fits me fine so if you are 5’10 it might be worth considering the next size up.

If you are happy with your bike dealer, fine, but if not, give Arragon’s of Penrith a shout. They have been unfailingly helpful and friendly as well as knowledgable and keen on pricing.

Hope this has been of help.
Thanks for the reply, I do like the look of the bike; and not too heavy for an e-road bike. Bike was £5399.. Now down to £4900. Is that a good deal or have you seen the 22 model a bit cheaper on offer ? Ikell, are the tyres tubeless? I would prefer ordinary Tube'd tyres, also, did you get two of the axel release tools with the bike?. Sorry about all the questions; just trying to discover as much as possible before I go get one. Thanks Moss

4900 is bang on IMO. The tyres are tubed (very good too). I got one axle release thingy which I played with to make sure I knew how to work it. There are a load of bits that come with the bike to raise the stem and other things which are in a box in case I want to adjust it, though Arragons did a fit so I I have left well alone. One thing I did buy was a Garmin Varia rear light which I won’t go out without now.

4900 is bang on IMO. The tyres are tubed (very good too). I got one axle release thingy which I played with to make sure I knew how to work it. There are a load of bits that come with the bike to raise the stem and other things which are in a box in case I want to adjust it, though Arragons did a fit so I I have left well alone. One thing I did buy was a Garmin Varia rear light which I won’t go out without now.
Thanks, IKell, The bike I looked at is ready built up, and they have changed the brakes from continental (right for rear brake) to British (left for rear brake) Although having it continental wouldn't bother me, one of my bikes is already continental style (A Ridley) , At the moment the shop only has two Scott Road Bikes in stock. they sell a lot of MTB .

I've tried to order the new Scott Solace eRide, with the new GQ motor, but my local Scott dealer has no idea when he'll be able to get one.
He called me today and said that he could get, right away, a new Scott Addict eRide 20.
I'd prefer the Solace, but the Addict eRide 20 looks interesting too.
I'm I right to believe that the Addict has a more racier profile? If that's true, at 71 years of age I'd rather go for the more upright, touring profile.

Deacon Blues - I'm 73 and am very very comfortable on my eRide 30. I could have a more upright riding position if I wanted but Arragons did a great job in fitting me up with a riding position that I feel comfortable for miles with. Miles and miles and miles.........

If you prefer the Solace, would you have a nag in the back of your mind if you bought the eRide?

If you prefer the Solace, would you have a nag in the back of your mind if you bought the eRide?
You hit the nail on the head. When I'm spending that much money I don't want to buy a bike that I'm not comfortable riding. Having said that, I have a Giant Defy carbon road bike that I enjoy riding, and its geometry is close to the Addict's.

Deacon Blues

I contacted Arragons about your question regarding the new Solace bikes and Sarah, one of the owners, replied with this -

"Solaces haven’t come into stock yet but we are due some, I think I’ve got about 6 confirmed in my order. They use a different tech to the eAddict Mahle, it’s called TQ and funnily enough I had a demo on a new light mountain bike - Scott Lumen yesterday with the same system. It was mega.

I’ll try and get an idea of date but it is sketchy & not to be relied upon. If we know what size he’d want I can try and bring that bike forward and secure it from the first shipment."

Hope this helps

Ian

I seem to be turning this post into an ad for Arragon’s, but they do have a couple in stock. If you buy off them I have been promised afternoon tea in a local cafe. With cake!

I seem to be turning this post into an ad for Arragon’s, but they do have a couple in stock. If you buy off them I have been promised afternoon tea in a local cafe. With cake!
Long way to come for a bike or if I need it repaired etc... I'm in Wiltshire, TT do Scott Bikes and it's local - They also price match. if I was closer to your area I would certainly give your Local Scott Dealer a try. They sound like a good shop to deal with.

Long way to come for a bike or if I need it repaired etc... I'm in Wiltshire, TT do Scott Bikes and it's local - They also price match. if I was closer to your area I would certainly give your Local Scott Dealer a try. They sound like a good shop to deal with.
If it helps and if you don’t want to wait that long you could ask your local bike shop if they have stock swapping arrangements among Scott dealers. Aragon’s sourced a small Genesis for me from another dealer a few years back.

I've tried to order the new Scott Solace eRide, with the new GQ motor, but my local Scott dealer has no idea when he'll be able to get one.
He called me today and said that he could get, right away, a new Scott Addict eRide 20.
I'd prefer the Solace, but the Addict eRide 20 looks interesting too.
I'm I right to believe that the Addict has a more racier profile? If that's true, at 71 years of age I'd rather go for the more upright, touring profile.
Have you tried contacting other dealers on the mainland? A local dealer about an hour drive from here informed me that they have several Solace e rides confirmed for allocation. They’re the only AB dealer that I’m aware of that are receiving any. He went onto say that a Gravel ER30 in green and a Gravel ER20 in brown(?) are available in my size but ETA won’t be until late summer or fall. A refundable deposit would be required to hold one for a test ride.

Well.....I think its wise of Moss to deal with local people he knows and trusts. I know that seems hypocritical of me as I am constantly recommending my Cumbrian Scott dealer on here, but that's because I know and trust them. Well, yes, I like them too and I kind of want them to continue to thrive and flourish.

Have you tried contacting other dealers on the mainland? A local dealer about an hour drive from here informed me that they have several Solace e rides confirmed for allocation. They’re the only AB dealer that I’m aware of that are receiving any. He went onto say that a Gravel ER30 in green and a Gravel ER20 in brown(?) are available in my size but ETA won’t be until late summer or fall. A refundable deposit would be required to hold one for a test ride.
I could have ordered the gravel version and received it in April/May, but I really dislike the colour of the mid-range model that is in my price range. Seems the road version is much harder to get.

I could have ordered the gravel version and received it in April/May, but I really dislike the colour of the mid-range model that is in my price range. Seems the road version is much harder to get.
I concur with you about the gravel e-ride color schemes but find the lack of availability of the road versions just as puzzling. That being said, the TQ motor weight to torque ratio sounds impressive as well as the reports of it being exceptionally quiet.

Back