My Mullet Wallke

OG in SD

So I saw that the same tire company (CST) that comes with the bike has a fatter 4.80” tire, so I ordered a pair. Went on some very rocky and rugged terrain today (new tire just in the front), and had to adjust my handlebar position. The front is now about an inch taller, and has grip for days 💪🤝!! I think I’ll keep the setup like this for a while 👌🏿. Has anyone else tried this? Pic below 👇🏿

Attachments

• 852DF4C8-DD02-463E-9460-646DB5952D59.jpeg
    852DF4C8-DD02-463E-9460-646DB5952D59.jpeg
    414.2 KB · Views: 507
I think the likelihood of problems increases as the distance you drive increase🚴‍♂️ Stay safe and take care

So I saw that the same tire company (CST) that comes with the bike has a fatter 4.80” tire, so I ordered a pair. Went on some very rocky and rugged terrain today (new tire just in the front), and had to adjust my handlebar position. The front is now about an inch taller, and has grip for days 💪🤝!! I think I’ll keep the setup like this for a while 👌🏿. Has anyone else tried this? Pic below 👇🏿
You kept the 4.0 on the back no? However you did it, the 4.8 looks like a beast on the front!

Yessir! Forgot to mention that part. BFT in the back, Roly Poly in the front 👌🏿. Can’t believe how much grip i have now.

"Hey stick around, I’m adding a seat dropper post later this week"
OG... Any update on the dropper for your Wallke? I'm looking to get one. Is it true that we can't use a dropper with internal cabling? If you used external cabling could you post some photos?

Thanks

OG... Any update on the dropper for your Wallke? I'm looking to get one. Is it true that we can't use a dropper with internal cabling? If you used external cabling could you post some photos?

Thanks
Yes I did. Best update so far! Here’s the link. DNM Mountain Bike Bicycle Pro... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K2PFBSO?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I get about 115mm of travel from it. It’ll do for now, but I’ll probably upgrade to a longer travel external dropper in the future.

**Hack: I shaped a recycled k cup to fit the 34.9mm adapter to the seat post.

**Hack: I shaped a recycled k cup to fit the 34.9mm adapter to the seat post.
Thanks for the information. I'm trying to stay below $150 if I can. Weren't you able to find a dropper that fit 34.9mm out off the box? Is that such a rare size?

Thanks for the information. I'm trying to stay below $150 if I can. Weren't you able to find a dropper that fit 34.9mm out off the box? Is that such a rare size?
It’s a pretty rare size from my research. The adapter that comes with it can be used with other dropper posts though.

Update, i replaced the tires with Schwalbe Jumbo Jim’s (4.0” rear, 4.8” front). I also went tubeless in the rear tire. Much better handling, and much more comfortable of a ride. I logged in 21 miles today with no problem.
9D81E701-B07C-42D3-9865-918641185CC0.jpeg

I agree. That is one great looking bike! This is a picture of the shifter that is uncomfortable for me:
IMG_20210115_131839457_HDR.jpg

I don't see the shifter on your bike. Is it on the left side? Your "cockpit" looks very clean. How is that?

I agree. This is one great looking bike! This is a picture of the shifter that is uncomfortable for me:
View attachment 76888

I don't see the shifter on your bike. Is it on the left side? Your "cockpit" looks very clean. How is that?
Great question! I recently fell off the bike (hence the tire upgrade), and sprained my right thumb pretty bad. I swapped it over to the left side, and moved the throttle to the right, similar to how i use to ride my motorcycle. I’m also a lefty, and the setup feels perfect now 👌🏿.

Great question! I recently fell off the bike (hence the tire upgrade), and sprained my right thumb pretty bad. I swapped it over to the left side, and moved the throttle to the right, similar to how i use to ride my motorcycle. I’m also a lefty, and the setup feels perfect now 👌🏿.
I also removed the phone holder.

Back