My All Terrain Sport R500 Electric Commuter Bike Arrived

LaszloB

After doing a few months of research I decided to get the R500 Electric Commuter Bike. The specs would allow me to ride in the street and on gravel roads with ease. I had a budget of $1600 and this bike fell into that price point.

I ordered 9 days ago and it shipped out of NC on Wednesday with a delivery of Friday (today)......sort of. I got a call from Old Dominion at 9am on Thursday the bike would be delivered today. Great I thought I have the day off, 30 minutes later I get another call they can't deliver it today it will be next Tuesday or Wednesday....WTF I thought the transfer station is 20 miles away? They would allow me to pick it up today between 8am -5pm. So I took a ride over to Pennsauken NJ. I walked in gave them the tracking number and the guy comes back and says who told you to come here to get your package, dispatch told me yesterday its here and I can pick it up. The guy frowned and said yea its here, but its still in a trailer. After going back and forth for a while they agreed to get my package. 90 minutes later the bike was in my car and I was on my way home. I'll post some pictures of the unpacking and assembly, right now my garage is a balmy 38F so I'm waiting until tomorrow for it to warm up a little.

The box was in surprising good shape, no crush marks, no holes. I'm not sure once the manufacturer ships it to NC if they open it up and inspect or not. They use foam blocks to secure the rear wheel and front forks, everything is wrapped in bubble wrap as you can see....

Attachments

• IMG_0298-1.jpeg
    IMG_0298-1.jpeg
    732.8 KB · Views: 600
  • IMG_0297-1.jpeg
    IMG_0297-1.jpeg
    444.7 KB · Views: 580
  • IMG_0299-1.jpeg
    IMG_0299-1.jpeg
    451.4 KB · Views: 563
Got it assembled over the weekend, I have couple things I have order, small changes to it. I had a couple ounces of ceramic coating left over from doing the car so I applied it to the paint on the bike. It now has a semi gloss look to it now instead of the flat factory finish

Attachments

• IMG_0325.jpg
    IMG_0325.jpg
    947.8 KB · Views: 629
  • IMG_0317.jpg
    IMG_0317.jpg
    622.9 KB · Views: 666
  • IMG_0316.jpg
    IMG_0316.jpg
    498.7 KB · Views: 625
  • IMG_0321.jpg
    IMG_0321.jpg
    991 KB · Views: 601
  • IMG_0319.jpg
    IMG_0319.jpg
    685.2 KB · Views: 637
  • IMG_0315.jpg
    IMG_0315.jpg
    854.2 KB · Views: 640
  • IMG_0318.jpg
    IMG_0318.jpg
    412.1 KB · Views: 629
Really nice bike. I like it. Make sure to come back and give us a report on how it rides.

So far so good, I have about 50 miles on the bike as of 4-28. It would be a lot more but the weather here has been terrible. I've added few things. A proper headlight and rear light. Bag for the rack and I put on new grips which are fantastic!!!

These are far better than any standard grip, they are extremely comfortable https://amzn.to/35hyOEe

After doing a few months of research I decided to get the R500 Electric Commuter Bike. The specs would allow me to ride in the street and on gravel roads with ease. I had a budget of $1600 and this bike fell into that price point.

I ordered 9 days ago and it shipped out of NC on Wednesday with a delivery of Friday (today)......sort of. I got a call from Old Dominion at 9am on Thursday the bike would be delivered today. Great I thought I have the day off, 30 minutes later I get another call they can't deliver it today it will be next Tuesday or Wednesday....WTF I thought the transfer station is 20 miles away? They would allow me to pick it up today between 8am -5pm. So I took a ride over to Pennsauken NJ. I walked in gave them the tracking number and the guy comes back and says who told you to come here to get your package, dispatch told me yesterday its here and I can pick it up. The guy frowned and said yea its here, but its still in a trailer. After going back and forth for a while they agreed to get my package. 90 minutes later the bike was in my car and I was on my way home. I'll post some pictures of the unpacking and assembly, right now my garage is a balmy 38F so I'm waiting until tomorrow for it to warm up a little.

The box was in surprising good shape, no crush marks, no holes. I'm not sure once the manufacturer ships it to NC if they open it up and inspect or not. They use foam blocks to secure the rear wheel and front forks, everything is wrapped in bubble wrap as you can see....
LazloB- Old Dominion-Not familiar with this shipping company. Do they generally let you pick up packages from their location, or is this not a common practice? I never considered inquiring about this from other shipping companies like UPS or FedEx. Not sure if that is an option with them either. Glad you were able to retrieve your bike after haggling a bit. Does not appear to be too customer friendly based on your experience here.

Got it assembled over the weekend, I have couple things I have order, small changes to it. I had a couple ounces of ceramic coating left over from doing the car so I applied it to the paint on the bike. It now has a semi gloss look to it now instead of the flat factory finish
Cool. Nice and glossy now. I have a flat finish on my E-bike also. I have seen the coating advertised and used by car enthusiasts on YT, however, I never considered getting some in the small silver bottle as advertised. Sounds like a nice product indeed.

LazloB- Old Dominion-Not familiar with this shipping company. Do they generally let you pick up packages from their location, or is this not a common practice? I never considered inquiring about this from other shipping companies like UPS or FedEx. Not sure if that is an option with them either. Glad you were able to retrieve your bike after haggling a bit. Does not appear to be too customer friendly based on your experience here.

OD is a really big shipper at least here on the East Coast. I got my kayaks from them a few years ago. I'm going to say my situation was not typical and would not have happened if we didn't have the Virus. Delivery day was going to be Good Friday, they had some drivers on vacation and some driver out sick. I could have had them drop it off my house the following week but I was not going to be home durning the day (you have to sign the paperwork). So I opted to take the ride to pick it up.

So far so good, I have about 50 miles on the bike as of 4-28. It would be a lot more but the weather here has been terrible. I've added few things. A proper headlight and rear light. Bag for the rack and I put on new grips which are fantastic!!!

These are far better than any standard grip, they are extremely comfortable https://amzn.to/35hyOEe
MS2 now has a nice line of bike offerings than they had a few years back. I like the "Full Carbon All Go" with the cool interface in the handlebars.

Great Pictures. There doesn't seem to be a lot of video or pictures on this bike. It has a lot of nice components. I am trying to decide between this one and the R750 for a commuter bike, we have a few hilly roads around town. What is your top mpg...I'll be riding in light traffic with PAS and without. Are there any features you wish you had or that you intend to add?

Great Pictures. There doesn't seem to be a lot of video or pictures on this bike. It has a lot of nice components. I am trying to decide between this one and the R750 for a commuter bike, we have a few hilly roads around town. What is your top mpg...I'll be riding in light traffic with PAS and without. Are there any features you wish you had or that you intend to add?

Thanks! Most of my riding is street, check out the google maps link for my biking area. Lots of hills, especially if I ride down into the park 300ft-400ft elevation changes a couple times in the hour to 90 minutes I ride. My longest ride was 24 miles, used #2 setting most of the time battery was down to 25%. Once again pretty hilly. I bet I could easily get 35-40 on flatter ground. I wish the screen was a little better with a % meter for the battery instead of a couple bars. Other than that its hard to beat for the price range. The only thing I really change was the disc breaks, I swapped then out to organic. The factory ones really squealed, probably my fault for not breaking them in correct. The organic pads are dam near silent. The front wheel is easy enough to remove and change the pads out. I didn't mess with the rear wheel. I opted to actually remove the brake caliper from the break, easy two bolts, changed the pads then re installed the brake. It took a little bit to line it up but worked out

Quick edit..... I did find the lack of instructions kind of lame. They have very generic one's and some videos to watch which are OK. For $1500 I would have expected a nice manual with a parts diagram.

Last edited:
Back