Moscow Plus Tubeless

I have not setup a Moscow Plus with tubeless. Go to YouTube. You will need foldable tubeless tires not your wire beads. You will also need tubeless valves, rim tape and Stan's. The tires you have are nice. Why the change?

Okay. Good reasoning.
Another option is Marathon Plus Tires with Green Guard, and with MrTuffy liners, and with tubes that have a dash of Stan's added. Tubeless is great for racing and high performance but I have seen tires come off or get mangled in catastrophic ways that do not happen to bikes with tubes. That is why I would not recommend tubeless for commuters.
Are you getting mostly pinch flats in the rear? Or mostly punctures evenly front and rear?

Mostly on rear, big load on it. Was thinking of better tyre on rear and using sealer in tube when I get a flat.

Got it. What a pain to change the rear!
These are pinch flats. Bikes with rear hub motors cannot go up and down curbs. You will need a stronger tire as large as will fit the frame. Measure the chain stays and seat stays and allow for tire (tyre) clearance. Tubeless would make the problem worse. Rear hub drive bikes also get bent rims from potholes and curbs. Running near maximum tire pressure will help. Get tires with wire beads.

Reactions: Fra
I ride Kenda knobbies to avoid flats. If knobs are over 3/32" high tire rolls over the metal tire & glass scrap on our roads. I just wore out 2 more without flats this spring. No slime, no liners. I paid $26 each for the last pair from modernbike. $7 schwinn tubes from the grocery. Yes maximum pressure. Yes they hum on roads. Whoopee. OEM street tire on this bike got its first flat @ 700 miles.

Reactions: Fra
Back