More Turbo Photos

Ron Bez

These are pretty similar to other I've posted. I guess I like the way it looks from this angle.....
I hope some of you get a chance to do a little riding over the Holidays!

_DSC3005a.jpg _DSC2949.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great photos! I've been searching for fender alternatives to the expensive Specialized kit. What brand and model are you using? Thanks.

Great photos! I've been searching for fender alternatives to the expensive Specialized kit. What brand and model are you using? Thanks.

This was from an eariler post:
I couldn't swallow the cost of the Specialized kit even though I really like the way it looks. The SKS fenders are very light and great quality. The hardest part about the install is having to remove the rear wheel (which is very easy on the Turbo) to get to the bottom bracket and chain stay cross member mounts. I used a Dermal to shape the bottom bracket end of the fender to fit really low and keep crud out of the drive train. I also drilled my own hole for the chain stay mounting. Otherwise piece of cake. I believe the fender set was under $55. The SKS P50 is the model you want for the Turbo.

More Photos:
16a.jpg 15.jpg 12.jpg 1.jpg 16a.jpg

Integrated appearance is really the only difference between the "factory" kit and the separate fenders and rack. The SKS fenders will provide better coverage and clearances. It's easy to move the tail light from the saddle to a rack and extend the wires if needed. The rack light light in the kit and the saddle are identical.

I couldn't swallow the cost of the Specialized kit even though I really like the way it looks. The SKS fenders are very light and great quality. The hardest part about the install is having to remove the rear wheel (which is very easy on the Turbo) to get to the bottom bracket and chain stay cross member mounts. I used a Dermal to shape the bottom bracket end of the fender to fit really low and keep crud out of the drive train. I also drilled my own hole for the chain stay mounting. Otherwise piece of cake. I believe the fender set was under $55. The SKS P50 is the model you want for the Turbo.

More Photos:
View attachment 5132 View attachment 5133 View attachment 5134 View attachment 5135 View attachment 5136

Ron, I noticed you have different handgrips in a couple of these pictures. What grips and size are you using and what is that red ring in front of the grips in a few of these pictures?

More Photos:
View attachment 5132 View attachment 5133 View attachment 5134 View attachment 5135 View attachment 5136

Will these fenders work on the 2016 Turbo S? And can I also add a Topeak rack on top of the back fender? Not sure if they will bolt down to the same screws.

They will fit the Turbo S, no problem. I have a Topeak Beam Rack, seat post mount, it works fine. If you need to carry a lot of weight and want one that mounts to the frame, no problem either, there are two sets of eyelets, one you can use for the fender, the other for the rack.

5.jpg

Topeak Beam Rack V type on large frame

They will fit the Turbo S, no problem. I have a Topeak Beam Rack, seat post mount, it works fine. If you need to carry a lot of weight and want one that mounts to the frame, no problem either, there are two sets of eyelets, one you can use for the fender, the other for the rack.View attachment 5212

Topeak Beam Rack V type on large frame

Thanks good to know. Hey I asked you a while back in another thread about your grips. What size are they and what is that red ring in front of them?

Those were Ergon grips off my first bike. It had a twist throttle and shifters so they were the short grips. When the brake levers were in the proper position on the Turbo there was a big gap between the inside edge of the grip and the levers. I didn't like that so I took some cheap Wal Mart grips and cut a piece to cover the bare bar, I liked the red so I cut that portion of the Wal Mart grip.

My new grips are these: http://www.amazon.com/EVO-E-Force-L...id=1453354295&sr=8-1&keywords=evo+E-FORCE+LEG
I found them at a local bike shop. They are very good quality and a lot less money than the Ergon's, especially with the tail. I also like that they are all black.

19.jpg

I will post a close up pic of the new grips when I get a chance

Back